Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude some great guernseys there! I know you won't want to give too much away, but any tips on how you obtain guernseys that aren't up on AFL auctions etc?

Ps I love how Geelong (and probably other clubs) give each guernsey provenance, rather than the way the Crows just say 'match worn in the 2011 season' etc

From my previous post, the Egan, Kelly, and Rooke ones came from the club auctions 5 seasons ago, though I've had to luck out and find the original sellers to organise sell-ons/trades. The other jumpers are through a few sources I'm fortunate enough to have who know a few of the players and help organise sales for me (in another post of mine, I also obtained my Scarlett and Enright jumpers this way). Other times it's just a combination of pure luck and fortunate timing while being on the usual online bidding sites (see the Gaz boots, which costed a fair bit but were worth it for me considering a) the rarity of available Gaz match worn items b) the rarity of a signed item from Gaz that isn't made out with personal greetings and c) the soaring prices of Gaz items in general given his growing stature in the game).

As for my little pet project of attempting to collect at least one PI/MW jumper from each of our 31 premiership players from the current era, I've now got 26 ticked off and am left with 5. Definitely at the tougher end of the scale now though in terms of how difficult they are to find and acquire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Bite 2010-11 game worn Stefan Welch jersey

Sponsor patches were added and removed during the season. Originally sponsored by only ETSA, this jersey started with an ETSA sponsorship patch above the E on the front (the outline of the stitching still remains if you look at it up close) and no Combined Solar patch on the sleeve and no Serafino Wines patch on the back.

1017219_513148828740434_174418195_n.jpg
photo(7).JPG photo(8).JPG

Adelaide Bite 2010-11 game worn Stefan Welch jersey

Sponsor patches were added and removed during the season. Originally sponsored by only ETSA, this jersey started with an ETSA sponsorship patch above the E on the front (the outline of the stitching still remains if you look at it up close) and no Combined Solar patch on the sleeve and no Serafino Wines patch on the back.

View attachment 22497
View attachment 22494View attachment 22495
Awesome... don't these retail for like $200+??

That ice vest is really interesting. Remember when Brisbane used to wear them regularly in the early 2000s? At the National Sports Museum/FGD Convention the other week, I saw a Brisbane "P.I." ice vest. They sublimated the AAPT sponsors logo in the same size as that "arctic heat" logo directly over the top. That would be a certain "whale"

West_Coast_Eagles , Silent Alarm , lmach , was there a club logo on the vest as well? Can't remember

Awesome... don't these retail for like $200+??

Yep, they're expensive. But authentic MLB jerseys which these are identical to (same manufacturer, stitching etc) retail for $215-$250 depending on special commemorative patches etc.
ABL jerseys aren't really readily available, I think the Bite were selling some custom ones for $250 last year at the games, but the market is really limited by the asking price. I got this one through the club a few weeks back for $175.

Ps if anyone knows where I'd find an old Adelaide Giants jersey I'd be very interested!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back