What has been your favourite crow memory this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our fixtures - never again will we have such a good ride.
I didn't realise getting double ups against 5 of the top 6 (7 if Bulldogs beat GWS today) sides was a good ride.

Backing in Murphy every game to arrive at the enviable stat of 0.4 goals per game for someone who lived in our forward line all season 🤦

Witnessed a real world Hawk catch, pin and butcher a an actual Crow outside the Mayland's Hotel.

For such a big and scary looking bird, the Crow had no answer to the smaller looking Hawks strength and skill.
Was a fascinating watch

images

The end of the season. basketcase of a club. Things will never change. salt into the wound when port wins the flag in a few weeks. fish rots from the head.. such a toxic organization. the 2016-2019 drafts are killing us right now.. those responsible for that era that are still there need to go!!!

We will not play finals while the like of Jones, Murphy, ROB, Hamill, Shoenberg, Himmelberg and Borlase are on our list

Round 5 vs Carlton
Round 19 vs Bombers

Won both away by 2 points I think
We should've lost against Carlton, that might have been better for our season overall. False hope winning a game Carlton kicked themselves out of doing a bit favour for our club's 'leadership'.

Continually playing an underperforming and clearly underdone player in Brodie Smith early in the season, so he hits his games trigger clause of his contract so we are forced to carry him into 2025 was a stroke of genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed Laird criticising Rachele and then disgracing himself against Sydney didn't make the list.

No word of a lie, that smother on Laird's kick when he was playing on from a point I was literally at home doing this when it happened....

Funny GIF

The sad thing is that I didn't even remotely care when it happened and found it absolutely hilarious (I'd argue that it was poetic justice that it happened)

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the club has destroyed people's care factor and have become a laughing stock to their supporters, but that's pretty much where we're at as a club.

Getting 3 beers for the price of 2 out the back of the western stand because they forgot to charge for 1 of them, it felt like winning lotto with what they charge
You need to learn to be grateful.

What we get charged for an imperial pint at Adelaide Oval, Is what Perth charges for a regular pint, and what Hobart charges for light beer.

I didn't realise getting double ups against 5 of the top 6 (7 if Bulldogs beat GWS today) sides was a good ride.

From the eight last year, which is how the fixture is done, our double ups were Sydney, Brisbane and Port.

From the top 6 last year - Port and Brisbane
From the middle 6 last year - Sydney, Geelong and Essendon
From the bottom 6 - Hawthorn

So lets consider for 2025 -

Top 6 - Port plus one of Sydney, GWS, Brisbane (assume they beat Carlton) and Hawthorn/Western Bulldogs
Middle 6 - Two of Carlton (assume they lose to Brisbane), one of Hawthorn/Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Fremantle, Essendon and St Kilda
Bottom 6 - Should be two of Gold Coast, Melbourne, West Coast, North Melbourne and Richmond

We might get a few games in Melbourne with that second grouping.

From the eight last year, which is how the fixture is done, our double ups were Sydney, Brisbane and Port.

From the top 6 last year - Port and Brisbane
From the middle 6 last year - Sydney, Geelong and Essendon
From the bottom 6 - Hawthorn

So lets consider for 2025 -

Top 6 - Port plus one of Sydney, GWS, Brisbane (assume they beat Carlton) and Hawthorn/Western Bulldogs
Middle 6 - Two of Carlton (assume they lose to Brisbane), one of Hawthorn/Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Fremantle, Essendon and St Kilda
Bottom 6 - Should be two of Gold Coast, Melbourne, West Coast, North Melbourne and Richmond

We might get a few games in Melbourne with that second grouping.
Double ups with Melbourne and Richmond should give us a couple of MCG games in addition to another one or two from the middle band teams.

Make finals or not, this is a good outcome for a young developing team. We need to learn how to win there...

My favourite memory from this season was when the Crows hierarchy took the hard nosed decision to sack the coach after 4 straight losses at the start of the year, stating in no uncertain terms that given the expectations heading into the season the performances of the team were unacceptable and that difficult decisions had to be made to right the ship.

I mean, can you imagine if we’d instead backed in the coach and re-signed him for two more years after the start we had and then had the chairman blame the fans and berate the supporters for not being betterer supporters of the club… imagine if that had happened. We’d be a laughing stock of the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

What has been your favourite crow memory this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back