What if Trent McKenzie is good now?

What off Trent McKenzie is good now?

• Four more years

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WHEN Trent McKenzie runs out for Port Adelaide on Sunday, it will continue one of the more incredible career arcs of the past decade.

The 'Cannon' has seen just about everything in his 125-game journey, from Gold Coast's historic first match, to being dropped, suspended, injured, delisted, recruited again, and last year becoming an unlikely cog in Port's preliminary final backline.

McKenzie has ridden AFL's version of a rollercoaster. Now 29, he was first recruited by the Suns in late 2009 as a 17-year-old, one of 12 under-age players chosen as part of the fledgling club's initial list build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's a very strong argument to be made that he's our best all round defender. Which other defenders do we have that can defend big and small, take contested marks and kick beautiful long and accurate balls?

The coach is a deadset moron to be frank.

I would love to see some kick in bombs over the center circle by him!!! Could add an extra element.

One of the many things I love about our team is that we have Bonner, Hartlett and McKenzie playing from the full back line up to the wing and yet it's Jonas and Burton who take the lion share of the kick ins.

Remove this Banner Ad

What if Trent McKenzie is good now?

Back