What is wrong the majority of non-collingwood supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

I want the saints to win because when all is said and done the saints don't really annoy me but it is always nice to see Collingwood p1ss their pants.

Malthouse=shits me
Pie supporters=shit me
Zebras=shit me
Pie team=shit me
Eddie=shits me

Lyon=can handle him
Saints=ok
Saints supporters=ok

Whose supporters will rock Melbourne? Pies

You'd think based on the above I'd support Saints?!?

Game plan=pies exciting and attacking! Saints=dull and boring

Which game plan is superior? Which game plan do I want other teams to implement?

Head says support the Pies, heart says Saints...

I'll call for a draw today and reserve my decision 4 next week

No trolls please.

Tell me why you people honestly hate Collingwood. And don't say because of Eddie or the supporters or any other stupid reason just because we a passionate like any football team follower should be. They are a football club just like any other. Not many hate-able players. Sure there a couple just like every club but its not warranted to hate the whole club in general.

People forgot about Collingwood sharing their home gates with the Bulldogs and Kangaroos when they were struggling. My old man always says its bred in people to hate Collingwood because they dominated the VFL post WW1 era and its was just natural to hate the team that always won. That has just been passed on inheritly from gen to gen. So why don't people hate Hawthorn? They won 6 odd flags in 10 years in the 80's and 90's.

I think its great that we have the chance to see Collingwood or St Kilda break a drought. And i think it would be great to see Freo win a flag. For the tigers to snare one and the bulldogs as well. It was great for the cats to break their hoodoo. It's good for football. It's good to see Melbourne climbing the ladder. Why can't people just concede instead of saying it would be terrible for football and AFL if the pies won? Give me a fair dinkum non generic reason why you want to see them fail?
TLDR. The main reason I hate the Pies is Eddie McGuire.

The Collingwood hate shouldn't be questioned, it should be encouraged.

It makes me firm :thumbsu:

LOL, Rebecca Twigley does it for me... :D

You are one sick individual :thumbsdown:

Get some help, brah.

Really...!?!
This coming from a bloke who threatens to end other forum posters lives & displays pics of Britt Lapthorn...

Seems my thoughts about a drastic lacking of basic humor when combining free public discussion & heroic macho men has found a new precedent.

No wonder you had a forced holiday, hey butch..!?

Glad to see you're back BTW... :)

ppffhhtt...

Most people don't have any other reason than everybody else hates them so I will. The media delibrately hypes up Collingwood and gives them the most coverage, but that is not the fault of the supporter. Every club has their share of moronic supporters, and with Collingwood having so many supporters overall, it stands to reason we'd also have the most moronic type, but at the end of the day, all teams have about 5% I enjoy the rivalry that Collingwood has against all teams, but I do find alot of non-Collingwood supporters carry on a hell of alot more than the Pies fan do. I've said nothing all year, just quietly enjoyed watching my team winning, but all I've heard this week is rubbish and hatred from non-Collingwood fans.

In 1994, Carlton had a similar season to Collingwood did last season as well, which wasn't quite enough to seriously challenge the top two teams. Carlton were then able to become the benchmark of 1995, which people did not expect, which is very similar to Collingwood this year.

:confused: Poor comparison. Carlton was one of the top two teams in 94'.

Carlton played in the 93' GF and in 94' finished 2nd on the ladder having just pumped the eventual premiers by 10 goals a couple of weeks before the finals series began. Had a shocking finals series, which is probably what you've based your assumptions on.

I have tried to distance myself from supporting either team in this game, but the closer it comes, the more my inbuilt sense of 'whatever is bad for Collingwood, is good for me' is coming to the fore.

I am jealous of their discipline and teamwork and respectful of the undying support their fans display. If I was to be honest, I would say they surprised me and are deserving of a flag. There is no love lost between Carlton and Collingwood fans so they will understand if I grit my teeth and show nothing but begrudging congratulations (even that is a stretch) if they get up. I will go to sleep for 4 days and fly out to Los Angeles on Wednesday so I don't have to endure what follows. I am sure most of their fans would feel the same about any Carlton success.

Saints are interesting. Feel for their long suffering fans and (bar a few exceptions), they are a reasonable bunch. Plenty I have respect for on BF too. They too hate Carlton so wishing them success is not something that comes easily. I love a fairytale though and boy have they earned the right to celebrate something. Thereabouts consistently for the past 6 years or so, I couldn't begrudge them. Seeing some of the older faces in the crowd, how wonderful a win would be for them. Their supporters too are a loyal bunch, and stick fat regardless of their lack of success.

On a pure humanity basis, go the Sainters!

I save my hatred for cancer, child molesters and Andrew Demetriou, I really don't mind Collingwood! Eddie is a pompous hypocrite at times but he's relatively harmless. I won't mind seeing them win the flag at all.

Yes ..... all this 'hate' of other clubs and supporters is over the top.

The Pies are understandably a bit arrogant at and get a bit of favouritism from the AwFL which is a bit annoying but hate - meh.

The arrogance of Collingwood supporters amase me. They seem happy to belittle other teams. I have seen them in finals and they get aggresive towards the opponents. Since Monday they keep saying how we are going to win the flag. For five days thats what I kept hearing!!They have given no credit to St.Kilda. They have had there scarfs out of their window of their cars since Sunday. I went to the Geelong Cats v Collingwood game and they guy infront of me kept standing up!! If they win the premiership, i wont hear the end of it for months!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alan Didak...media pumps him up as the most skillful player in the league. He can't even kick on his opposite foot.

He is soft as butter too...hates putting his head over the ball hence why he kicks it off the ground so much.

I used to think the same about Daisy....changed my mind this year...I don't bag him like I used to, now all I can do is bag his hair doo!!

The fact that despite the AFL doing there best to favour you in every situation your club is always complaining about something...oh and you players, board member and most importantly supporters are scum

Malthouse=shits me
Pie supporters=shit me
Zebras=shit me
Pie team=shit me
Eddie=shits me

Lyon=can handle him
Saints=ok
Saints supporters=ok

Whose supporters will rock Melbourne? Pies

You'd think based on the above I'd support Saints?!?

Game plan=pies exciting and attacking! Saints=dull and boring

Which game plan is superior? Which game plan do I want other teams to implement?

Head says support the Pies, heart says Saints...

I'll call for a draw today and reserve my decision 4 next week

Great call ;)

I guess its many things, as previous posters have pointed out, but for me it boils down to no respect. You have no respect for the rest of the competition. If it's not the fans, its the president, if not him its the coach. I usually leave the players out of it, today proved me wrong again: first thing out of a Pie players mouth at full time was calling the AFL a joke because they drew. You have no respect. You won't get any until you do.

I guess its many things, as previous posters have pointed out, but for me it boils down to no respect. You have no respect for the rest of the competition. If it's not the fans, its the president, if not him its the coach. I usually leave the players out of it, today proved me wrong again: first thing out of a Pie players mouth at full time was calling the AFL a joke because they drew. You have no respect. You won't get any until you do.

I am glad I did not watch the grand final. I have respect for the St.Kilda F.C but I could not handle the pies winning and all I could hear how great we are. I apologise to you the St.Kilda FC for this!! I remember the so called fans physcally harming Nathan Jones' father after a game against the Dees in front of hes son.

The pies players say alot of things without thinking. I dont like most of their players. It the way they act on the field. Every act is an inspiration and when an opponent does they turn a blind eye. These so called supporters are the most feral supporters I have encountered. I leave the ground 15 mins early to avoid them.

No trolls please.

Tell me why you people honestly hate Collingwood. And don't say because of Eddie or the supporters or any other stupid reason just because we a passionate like any football team follower should be. They are a football club just like any other. Not many hate-able players. Sure there a couple just like every club but its not warranted to hate the whole club in general.

People forgot about Collingwood sharing their home gates with the Bulldogs and Kangaroos when they were struggling. My old man always says its bred in people to hate Collingwood because they dominated the VFL post WW1 era and its was just natural to hate the team that always won. That has just been passed on inheritly from gen to gen. So why don't people hate Hawthorn? They won 6 odd flags in 10 years in the 80's and 90's.

I think its great that we have the chance to see Collingwood or St Kilda break a drought. And i think it would be great to see Freo win a flag. For the tigers to snare one and the bulldogs as well. It was great for the cats to break their hoodoo. It's good for football. It's good to see Melbourne climbing the ladder. Why can't people just concede instead of saying it would be terrible for football and AFL if the pies won? Give me a fair dinkum non generic reason why you want to see them fail?

Your old man said people to hate Collingwood because they dominated the VFL post WW1 era. It wasn't that they did. But how they did. It really stems from how they came to dominate. By buying and paying players more than anyone else could. Which was fair enough back then. However what wasn't so above board was where money came from.

One John Wren a patron of your club. Godfather of melbourne's first true organized crime gang slash mafia. Who had more control over over Collingwood and the surrounding area's than the Carlton crew could have ever dreamed of having. With name's such as stand over man Squizzy Taylor on his payroll.

Most of his money came thru being an illegal totalisator. One of his den's became know simply as the tote. You may have heard of it. :)
This would go a long way to explaining why your club is an has always been hated. There is a book power without glory about his life. By Frank Hardy. It is not all nessasarily true. Of John Wren's nature however there is no doubt, as my family owned many hotels back such as the espy in st.kilda and the tower as well as many more. So had many dealing's with him. Not a man to cross. An so the hate has been passed down.

We generally have as much respect for the rest of the comp as they have for us. Why would I have any respect for a fan of another club, when that fan hates me without knowing me, simply because I support Collingwood, and doesn't even know why they feel that way. At least I have a reason for not respecting a fan like that. What's his reason? He knows nothing about me, aside from the fact that I support the pies, yet he has no problem hating me without first trying to find out what sort of person I am deep down inside.

That very close to a mental illness.

We generally have as much respect for the rest of the comp as they have for us. Why would I have any respect for a fan of another club, when that fan hates me without knowing me, simply because I support Collingwood, and doesn't even know why they feel that way. At least I have a reason for not respecting a fan like that. What's his reason? He knows nothing about me, aside from the fact that I support the pies, yet he has no problem hating me without first trying to find out what sort of person I am deep down inside.

That very close to a mental illness.

How about the on mass lack of respect for nick reiwolt, by drowning out when he was speaking at the gf parade. By doing that collingwood drone that u guys do. After they allow maxwell too speak?

Eddie, being a media man and all himself, come out and said the reporters are forever sent out to cover a story on Collingwood, even if there isn't one. Every week they're trying to twist something into something else. I can understand how supporters of other clubs must get sick of hearing about Collingwood through the media, I try to personally switch off from it. The vast majority of Collingwood supporters are just people who love their footy and have a 100% loyality to their club, and are there when we are down and are there when we are up. I can understand people not wanting Collingwood to win, but hating our supporters for simply following the Pies I do not understand.

surely there's a bit of tall poppy re eddie and the like... i listen to eddie on mmm in melbourne here and he speaks sense....

people hate him yet most of what he touches turns to gold.

i guess when you've got a lot power you attract enemies

Remove this Banner Ad

What is wrong the majority of non-collingwood supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back