What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

What Is Your Expectation For 2024?

• Top 6

• Middle 6

• Bottom 6

• No Ceiling

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Yze employs a high risk corridor game then I don’t like our chances.
Too many players who just can’t kick it well.
Oppo will have a field day scoring turnover goals.
Go on, downvote me.

Depends on how we play. A simple kick it and use the corridor strategy is suicide nowadays. But if we can control the midfield, and actually use the players we have now, then we can use the corridor well. Oooze sounds like a smart cookie, and will not make simple changes.

He has said that he wants us to to get back to our defensive pressure and then to use the ball differently. I personally reckon Dimma didn't adapt to eh rule changes well. Stand rule etc all advantage kicking and moving in waves. It's not so much pin point skills, but structured ball movement. Stand means that you have no pressure, so a simple kick to a leading man or having someone run past into the protected zone = fast and safe ball movement. Dimma didn't really do that.

Go on, downvote me.
We've gone from the turnover kings too the turnedover kings.
Our best kicks are young and inexperienced.

i don't expect Yze to get a honeymoon start to the season.

Not a bad thing as often things fall of a cliff after the honeymoon. (im not married so im not referring to my own marriage here)

I admire him for taking us on as I don't think we are an attractive proposition for a first time coach.

I will be rapt if he can give us a season better than what we expect.

Go on, downvote me.
Having midfielders who have either slowed due to ongoing injuries ( Graham / Prestia ) or that have never had genuine pace ( Taranto / hopper) will affect us as much as shit kicking if trying to play a fast tempo / high risk game style .
The future is in that type of game style we just don’t have the cattle and with Yze and also Teague there is a massive chance that’ll be the direction the club takes .
I’m predicting the game style change will happen which will see poor results in 2024 and the broom being bought out . ( which I support )

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having midfielders who have either slowed due to ongoing injuries ( Graham / Prestia ) or that have never had genuine pace ( Taranto / hopper) will affect us as much as s**t kicking if trying to play a fast tempo / high risk game style .
The future is in that type of game style we just don’t have the cattle and with Yze and also Teague there is a massive chance that’ll be the direction the club takes .
I’m predicting the game style change will happen which will see poor results in 2024 and the broom being bought out . ( which I support )
This is pretty much how I see it too.

Having midfielders who have either slowed due to ongoing injuries ( Graham / Prestia ) or that have never had genuine pace ( Taranto / hopper) will affect us as much as s**t kicking if trying to play a fast tempo / high risk game style .
100%.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brown and Banks got games as running kicking players. Could seriously change how we play. Running from behind and through the centre we have Short, Rioli, banks and Brown = a lot of fast good ball movement.

16aada999eba79fbba2314df81a7f7ec

Just kick it like this

Go on, downvote me.
Shouldnt you be playing cricket?

Remove this Banner Ad

What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

Back