What Is Your Expectation for 2024?

What Is Your Expectation For 2024?

• Top 6

• Middle 6

• Bottom 6

• No Ceiling

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward line is interesting. Without Lynch if we can play to a system and Kozi and Ryan can play the 2 main roles well, with Bauer holding the 3rd tall we should be fine.

Of course the bug lunch turbo charges that.

Last season our forward line seemed to be left all at sea. How much of that is coaching and how much poor players? i reckon I'll wait a few games before making up my mind.
Last season Jack R, Pickett, Miller Soldo, Bauer Ryan as talls.
Mansell, MRJ, Graham, Prestia and a rotation of Clarke, Cumberland, Coulthard.

It's basically a new forward line. I hope we have more forwards in the forward line rather than overflow of mids.

How long will it take to gel?
How well does Lynch recover are my watches

Yze is the free kick man. We’ll finish first on the ladder with 15 wins and win the frees too. We can do it baby. We can farken do it :D
Wow that’s so ambitious.

Richmond free kick differential rankings over the last 7 seasons:

2017: 18th
2018: 18th
2019: 13th
2020: 17th
2021: 18th
2022: 18th
2023: 17th

4 wooden spoons in 7 seasons. At this stage I’d be happy if we just leave the bottom 2, let alone win the free kick count.

I’d hate to see what the 50-metre penalty rankings look like.

Wow that’s so ambitious.

Free kick differential ranking over the last 7 seasons:

4 wooden spoons in 7 seasons. At this stage I’d be happy if we just leave the bottom 2, let alone win the free kick count.

we farken had a dynasty being reamed in the free kicks every week. lets see if it doesnt change this year

we can already take em to court and win over the way we were treated by the corrupt league

if we get reamed again we can take em to court and shut em' down

no other club in history has been more impressive than us 2017-2020

they robbed us of more flags too by force

Last edited by a moderator:
OIG.HmTW8k5FgOJfcygOC5LH

im not surprised about people (non tiger supporters) saying that we'll finish bottom 3-6 but i just can't see it happening outside of lynch & dusty going down or just lots of key injuries then i could see us finishing maybe bottom 5-6

if we dont make finals i got dibs on the sack yze thread though

Expectation is that the captain will stand up.... that means at some stage he will have to sprint 60-100 metres and figuratively smack the idiocy our of our highest potential player....Balta into permorming to his potential every minute of every game.

That intolerance of idiocy will make 35-40 other Tiges players play above the level. The blue stuff not exposed at Marvel not being our limit.

Dust cruises a Brownlow, largely as a forward (smacks history being the first forward since plugger)

In finals Dust being Dust will just melt oppo's.

If this happens Coaching and CFL will just be Sideshow Bob.

The biggest differences from last year to this year, that will affect our ladder position, is our new game plan plus how our different 'teams' gel and adapt.

Forwardline
How our forwardline works collectively around Lynch and Kozi. Will we run with two talls and a resting ruck? Will we go tall or small? Wi

Midfield
How Taranto and Hooper work in with Prestia, Dusty, Bolton, Dow, Graham etc now that they have learnt to play together and work off each others strengths. What will our ruck division look like and will our new/young rucks put enough pressure on Nank to improve our overall stoppage and movement out of defense.

Defense
How Gibcus fits in with Balta, Young, Baker and Rioli. Whether Broad and Grimes fit into the lineup. If defense is again prioritised by our head coach over attack?

For mine, as long as we can keep our better players on the park and we see growth from our younger players, I can't see any reason why we can't push back into the finals next year. My fear is that we'll slip but rationally, our list should improve. There is no reason why we shouldn't.

When you use the word rebuild, what are you rebuilding back too. NM apparently are rebuilding, rebuilding from what, bottom 2 finishes, are they rebuilding back to that. It's a s**t word used by pessimistic types.
My definition of a rebuild is when you load up on kids and move on older guys before their time.

Most team’s best 18 - 21 is pretty easy to pick and then there is a handful of fringe players rotating through the bottom end; whereas we have genuinely 35 players who have claims to play.

This has to be a massive boost to the motivation of the squad. No more old loyalties gifting spots. Plenty of pressure coming from outside that week’s best 23.

Until he has a firm grip on who the best players for his system are, I hope Adem will tinker and not get set in his ways. I want to see players feeling pressure to hold their spot.

Personally, I think predictions of us finishing low are ridiculous. Surely we will be better.

Any premiership player feeling comfortable and not doing their maximum, especially in tough moments, hopefully will be held to a higher standard than they were.

The system may take a little while but I can see the effort being huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect a real tough first half of the year with a lot of turnovers and quick slingshots back over our head. By the reports of Yze liking a corridor central game, we just dont have the kickers for that at present. Hate to say it but I would not be surprised if we get reamed by Carlton by about 40+ points.

From about mid year we will have a sharp upswing as the system gets tinkered with and the players start to temper their enthusiasm for corridor kicks and start to kick within their skill limit.

I do expect Hopper to get better next year, as well as the rest of our midfield set up. When you think about it we added 2 players to the centre bounce team and it was no wonder that they took a while to start to get effective.

I think that we will have a stronger end to the year and will most likely finish 10th - 15th.

All in all - what I really want is to see the growth of Brown, Sonsie, Banks, Dow, Cumberland, Clark and others.

Long term wish on a star - MJ comes back fully fit without a gut.

Wow that’s so ambitious.

Richmond free kick differential rankings over the last 7 seasons:

Tigers would be slaughtered above all else on that one too surely

If Yze employs a high risk corridor game then I don’t like our chances.
Too many players who just can’t kick it well.
Oppo will have a field day scoring turnover goals.
Go on, downvote me.

Go on, downvote me.
Maybe...
Hard to tell if our so called bad kicking is a outcome of Dimma's Chaos Theory of Football(the programme that won 3 GF's!)
Where the strategy was get the footy up forward at all cost...regardless of how well the playas could kick...so footy kicking skills...and improvement...were on the back burner all Dimma's time at Tigerland.
Or maybe...the whole team on the whole is a team of sheet kickers...
One thing is for certain...we will find out soon enough when the games begin!

Go on, downvote me.
we are farrked

worst kicking team in the comp

we are farrked

worst kicking team in the comp
Doesn't make sense at all...when we were winning all those games in our Premiership years...we kicked beautifully!
We were great to watch!
When the tide turned agin us...white frothy maggotty tide... and we were put under pressure playing the same old same old game plan, when the The AFL Old Boys Club wanted a different style played... Of course we struggled! All our skills were exposed...happens to every side not just us!

Back