What now??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrap the bullsh*t f*cking game plan and attack. Teams have worked out how to beat it.

We need to pray that Hayes knee injury isn't too bad, without him we're screwed. From all reports it sounds pretty serious though, was on crutches after the game.

As much maligned as Kosi is we need him back, can give us a target at full forward and is good for a few goals. We also need him to help out in the ruck where McEvoy is struggling.

Have to start playing a few more of the kids too like Geary, Cripps, Steven, Ledger, Lynch and Stanley. Some of our older fringe players like Baker, Dempster, Raph Clarke, Peake, Ray just aren't giving us the improvement we need.

Don't think we need to make wholesale changes just yet but we need to turn over at least a couple of older players to give some young players a go or we won't improve.

We need to pray that Hayes knee injury isn't too bad, without him we're screwed. From all reports it sounds pretty serious though, was on crutches after the game.

As much maligned as Kosi is we need him back, can give us a target at full forward and is good for a few goals. We also need him to help out in the ruck where McEvoy is struggling.

Have to start playing a few more of the kids too like Geary, Cripps, Steven, Ledger, Lynch and Stanley. Some of our older fringe players like Baker, Dempster, Raph Clarke, Peake, Ray just aren't giving us the improvement we need.

Don't think we need to make wholesale changes just yet but we need to turn over at least a couple of older players to give some young players a go or we won't improve.

macca tries his guts out but he played what 80% of game time in the ruck... gee he is gonna be a gun but he needs help!
ray looked indecisive when he got it. prime candidate for a winmar, geary, lynch to come in.
raph clarke out, tom walsh in too. the fumbles at this level. that dropped mark! peake was okay tonight.
big concerns on clint jones. **** he looks lacklustre.
roo was injured after that bump sacrlett gave him.
goddard was injured for sure.
montagna had a shitty 150th.
so i'd keep archer, drop clarke for tom walsh, farren ray for a kid, and bring in another ruck such as kosi.

Forget it. There already 2 steps ahead of our gameplan, were gona get smashed next week.

If we lose this, it's trade away Roo Goddard Joey Dal and anyone else good for picks, let the rest be delisted, make Ross teach them the ways, then when they're old enough, Harves comes in and coaches the team to a flag, culminating around... 2016 :D

Such is my opinion of the team if we lose to Richmond.

Well shit.

St Kilda simply do not have the pace to play an attacking style of footy. You need to get back on Etihad Stadium where your chess-style of football is better suited.

Bad kicking is bad footy. It's not the best of starts to the season but Saints are still going to be up there and everyone will have forgotten this part of the year.

It's the Saints board for a reason. F**k off.

Mate, it's not a board that is owned by st kilda fans, and is not for the sole use of st kilda fans. It's for the purpose of discussing all things st kilda... and that's what it appears they are doing.

For what it's worth, Essendon next week is the last thing they need. Bad trot. Bogey team. Not looking good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next week we kick straight and get the season started by brushing aside the bombers. The ony player I was worried about tonight was Gilbert, looked out of sorts, he's better than that and so are we.

macca tries his guts out but he played what 80% of game time in the ruck... gee he is gonna be a gun but he needs help!
ray looked indecisive when he got it. prime candidate for a winmar, geary, lynch to come in.
raph clarke out, tom walsh in too. the fumbles at this level. that dropped mark! peake was okay tonight.
big concerns on clint jones. **** he looks lacklustre.
roo was injured after that bump sacrlett gave him.
goddard was injured for sure.
montagna had a shitty 150th.
so i'd keep archer, drop clarke for tom walsh, farren ray for a kid, and bring in another ruck such as kosi.

I gotta say I don't really agree with all of that from what I saw..
Really I was quite impressed with Ray, hes come on much more than I ever thought he would when he started. However Geary would be a plus, and i wouldn't mind having a look at Winmar..
Raph Clarke out is something that everybody says every week. However this week he screwed up a lot less than usual, only I goal directly froma turnover. He was better, but still needs to be dropped.
Against Essendon you may well need to bring Kosi in due to we will have at least 2 top quality ruckmen, however he always seems a liability out on the field as well, especially against quick moving teams.

Since when is a game against the Bombers "pivotal" - thats ridiculous.
McEnvoy ended up being the best ruckman on the ground.

Wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet - apart from the fact that there is just too much difference between the best 6 and the worst 6 players in the side its still a pretty competent group of players.

Peake did ok???? He is and was terrible again. Okay if you like guys that kick the ball higher than they do longer....

Essendon on a high.

St.Kilda in a slump.

Next week will be pivotal for you guys, one way or the other.

Agreed with this.

A win against a bogey side just before the break would be a big positive. Going into the break without a win to your name, while perhaps not dire, would certainly have you playing catch up for a while.

Either way, the break might just come at the right time and give your boys a chance to discuss what needs to improve/change with a view to 'starting fresh' from round5 and going from there.

Raphael Clarke needs to be omitted. Dropped an uncontested mark that wouldve been swallowed by any other defender of a top four team.

Kosi needs to come back in just to stretch their backline. Bring in Stanley and drop archer. Schnieder will be handy. Hayes is a big loss but if armitage is ever going to slot into a players position it is hayses!

We need run out of our backline. Maybe we play peake out of a back pocket??or maybe Ray from the back pocket? Even a montagna off half back??

We need to rebound quickly as they will do to us! Let's try and kick twenty next week for fuc*s sake!!!!

Scrap the bullsh*t f*cking game plan and attack. Teams have worked out how to beat it.

Did we watch the same game tonight?

We attacked, and some.

Kicking was woeful, 6.11 from set shots.

We attacked though, very much so.

In fact we have been trying to move the ball quicker and be more frequent with our F50 entries the last two weeks.

All the effort just gets lost behind poor foot skills though.

Mate, it's not a board that is owned by st kilda fans, and is not for the sole use of st kilda fans. It's for the purpose of discussing all things st kilda... and that's what it appears they are doing.

For what it's worth, Essendon next week is the last thing they need. Bad trot. Bogey team. Not looking good.

This is the board where Saints supporters are welcome and other opinions are not worth the shit you are spinning. Go away and come back when you have something positive to contribute.

Did we watch the same game tonight?

We attacked, and some.

Kicking was woeful, 6.11 from set shots.

We attacked though, very much so.

In fact we have been trying to move the ball quicker and be more frequent with our F50 entries the last two weeks.

All the effort just gets lost behind poor foot skills though.

Yeah there was nothing wrong with our game style it was the execution that let us down. So many missed handballs and kicks and that wasn't just fringe players, some of our top line players were just as guilty.

We will lose to Essendon next week, they are just too quick and are playing twice as good anyway. Then we have the bye. Then for the love of god i hope we beat Brisbane at the Gabba. Then its over to Adelaide to lose again. Back to Melbourne where we take on Carlton which will be a very dangerous game. Then its off to play Hawthorn which will be a fifty/fifty game.

After 8 rounds i cannot see us with anymore than 2 wins to our credit on current form. Then in round 10 we travel over to WA to take on Fremantle which i wouldnt back us to win then we will come back nice and tired from a trip to WA to take on Collingwood, Bulldogs and geelong to put us out of our misery for 2011.

After our 2nd bye in round 14 we will be in the bottom 4! Bookmark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back