What one moment caused you to rage more than anything else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
What one moment has made you react in a way that you aren't necessarily proud of?
Some of us have plenty, while others may react react a tad more passively.

My biggest rage moment was Tom Hawkins kicking the goal after the siren in 2012. Still to this day I cannot watch it. Hurled a phone down the hallway and smashed it into pieces. Had to rush out the next morning to buy a cheapo mobile to get me through the end of my contract.

The 2012 grand final aftermath wasn't real crash hot either. Wasn't coping with it too well and drank myself into oblivion, hurling my guts up for a good hour. Very rare I get stick from drinking but I was pretty much on a mission that night to get myself there.

Last edited:

What one moment has made you react in a way that you aren't necessarily proud of?

My biggest rage moment was Tom Hawkins kicking the goal after the siren in 2012. Still to this day I cannot watch it. Hurled a mobile down the hallway and smashed it into pieces. Had to rush out the next morning to buy a cheapo mobile to get me through the end of my contract.

The 2012 grand final aftermath wasn't real crash hot either. Wasn't coping with it too well and drank myself into oblivion, hurling my guts up for a good hour. Very rare I get stick from drinking but I was pretty much on a mission that night to get myself there.

Lol, funnily enough the 2013 prelim. I lost it a bit - more in a sad than angry way - when Varcoe kicked the point near full time. But before that, I had a feeling all night that we were never quite far enough in front and that we would get run down. Hawthorn were the better side that year so I felt it was a matter of time. I took my scotch and walked up the street in my dressing gown because I couldn’t watch!

2016 R2, tiges 17 points up over Collingwood, 5min to go
Give them a couple of goals, we’re up by 5 with 30sec to go. First ever deliberate OOB called against us, 60m from Collingwood’s goal, they kick it to the top of the square, and Brodie ****ing Grundy toe pokes it through.
Absolutely bloody lost my shit

My biggest rage moment was Tom Hawkins kicking the goal after the siren in 2012. Still to this day I cannot watch it. Hurled a phone down the hallway and smashed it into pieces. Had to rush out the next morning to buy a cheapo mobile to get me through the end of my contract.

This.. I was pissed off after that Hawkins goal. Drank accordingly after

I remember years ago, hawthorn were playing Port in Tassie and we were up by 3-4 goals with less than 10 min to go, only to play really piss poor footy and blow it on the siren. I remember walking outta the pub muttering under my breath and being super pissed off for at least few days after.

2008 Grand Final. Specifically the goal in the 3rd where the ball spilled over the back of a marking contest and Cyril got it at full speed and ran in to an open goal. Hurt my hand greatly punching the back of the Southern Stand.

Not my proudest moment.

2016 R2, tiges 17 points up over Collingwood, 5min to go
Give them a couple of goals, we’re up by 5 with 30sec to go. First ever deliberate OOB called against us, 60m from Collingwood’s goal, they kick it to the top of the square, and Brodie ******* Grundy toe pokes it through.
Absolutely bloody lost my shit

Throw that in with the back to back heartbreakers you guys had last year against GWS and Freo and I can ABSOLUTELY understand and accept the current arrogance and swagger a lot of your supporters are running with. Enjoy it while you can! You had to suffer through so much just to get to now haha.

2008 Grand Final. Specifically the goal in the 3rd where the ball spilled over the back of a marking contest and Cyril got it at full speed and ran in to an open goal. Hurt my hand greatly punching the back of the Southern Stand.

Not my proudest moment.

Yep that game had a few moments like that. Thompson leaving Stokes on Hodge is still one of the great tactical blunders of our time.

Watching Josh Cowan attempt to break tackles with the arms of a ten-year-old always generated interesting reactions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, since the threepeat I've watched the Porkins goal a couple of times, where I wasn't able to before, and now I just laugh at all the angst spent on a home and away game. Amazing the perspective prolonged glorious success can give you.

Lol, funnily enough the 2013 prelim. I lost it a bit - more in a sad than angry way - when Varcoe kicked the point near full time. But before that, I had a feeling all night that we were never quite far enough in front and that we would get run down. Hawthorn were the better side that year so I felt it was a matter of time. I took my scotch and walked up the street in my dressing gown because I couldn’t watch!

I was going to post this one as well - I embarrassed myself that night. Was a bit of a wake up call in hindsight in terms of not getting so bloody upset over a game, particularly one I have no control over. Haven't really got overly pissed off watching the footy since.

Yep that game had a few moments like that. Thompson leaving Stokes on Hodge is still one of the great tactical blunders of our time.

Watching Josh Cowan attempt to break tackles with the arms of a ten-year-old always generated interesting reactions.

Cam Guthrie is the biggest culprit for that now. For some reason he thinks he can don't argue himself out of trouble, but Dustin Martin he ain't.

Remove this Banner Ad

What one moment caused you to rage more than anything else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back