What player's number did you wear as a kid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe I'm the only one so far! 36. The Great Savaloy

My second hand me down jumper had his number on it (got the year he was delisted). Was devasted to peel it off the when he left, he was a great player no hard feelings towards him Number 20 on the other hand...........

I have a jumper with no number on it, actually had one as a kid and had no number on that either... My fave number are 8 and 33, so I might get 8 for Jimmy, but I wouldnt go Cam Cloke haha

I think Id most likely go 36, but 10 would nearly sway me!

For me started of with #35 Daics then eventually changed to #5 Bucks also had a #26 for rowdy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that doesn't deserve a yellow card nothing does! :D

Was it a lace up?:p

The oldman still hasa lace up somewhere, and one my grand mother knitted for him (thin stripes thick wool) Italian Heritage ,imagine a wollen Juventus jumper. Poor women never understood why he didnt wear it aparntly.

17 - Mike Richardson on my 1st jumper.
35 - The Great Man on my duffle coat.

They really were great days, catching 2 trains to get to vic park station, buying a footy record and arriving in time to sit behind the cheer squad and enjoy the second half of the ressies. Back in those days the cheer squad members were about 16 - 25 year olds, not 35 - 50 year olds.
Maybe they are the same people 20 years later . :eek:
I remember the kids in the cheer squad carrying a blanket around the ground and supporters throwing coins into the blanket and at the kids. :)

Sorry for reminising and crapping on.

Thanks ShepBoy. I think I would have been just getting out of nappies in '74...

I still have the '76 Channel Seven Mark of the Year poster block mounted at home.

Ahhh but the memories of the Pies:

Billy's mark
Manassa's run
Twiggy's against all odds grab and goal
Daics from 35 out, in front of the old Social Club....

Brings a tear to my eye....

Remove this Banner Ad

What player's number did you wear as a kid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back