Mega Thread What Shane Tuck Does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you 2 go elsewhere with your moderator wnk fest. I have vomit in my mouth. Dont move away from the argument here because someone made a silly call about Tuck being better than Kelly and Corey. We all know that isnt true.

I can't believe you 2 are happy with whats going on behind the scenes at your club.
Thats just the point though, its silly arguements like Tuck being better than guys like Kelly and Corey that are being thrown up to justify why he should be in the side.

Can you 2 go elsewhere with your moderator wnk fest. I have vomit in my mouth. Dont move away from the argument here because someone made a silly call about Tuck being better than Kelly and Corey. We all know that isnt true.

I can't believe you 2 are happy with whats going on behind the scenes at your club.
So much outrage over one expendable player. Joel Bowden was 10 times the player Tuck is and nobody shed a tear when he was pushed out.:rolleyes:
and as if you or I or anyone else really knows what is going on behind the scenes anyway.

Thats just the point though, its silly arguements like Tuck being better than guys like Kelly and Corey that are being thrown up to justify why he should be in the side.
Sorry to keep our 'wankfest' going RT, and to put more vomit in mouths, but that still makes me laugh. Corey and Kelly would make way for Tuck.:D:D:D:D
I think it was the same poster who said if Tuck played against Carlton, we would not have lost by 17 goals and it would have been 11?
Well, we were 11 goals down at half time on the weekend. Such an influence he has on our team.

Brownlow Medal votes are a pretty good indication of how good a player is.

To the end of 2010

James Kelly 185 games 18 Brownlow votes
Chris Newman 192 games 16 Brownlow votes
Shane Tuck 135 games 25 Brownlow votes

I can't work out how many Richmond supporters can say that he he is not up to the standard required to play for Richmond at the present time when every piece of evidence indicates that he is in the top bracket of players in the competition. If Tuck was on Geelong's list right now he would be a regular player and would be in their Grand Final team if they made it.

Why can't it be guys like Cotchin Martin & Foley that are keeping him out of the side? Is it because it doesn't allow you to question the decision if it is?

I dont want to be insulting again, but fair dinkum..........

Yeah everyone knows that Cotchin, Martin and Foley are technically keeping him out of the 22, but so are Thursfield and Jack technically, because ANYONE that is in it is keeping him out. But our midfield revolves around more than those 3 - Jackson, Grigg and Edwards all spend quite a bit of time in there, so surely you can see Dimma is just being a smart arse naming the 3 of the most popular midfielders with our supporter group to justify not picking him.

And tugga you made a lot more sense when you were your own man and werent toeing the line put forth by your cronies. The same cronies that forced you to change the greatest avatar that Big Footy had ever seen before they invited you into their sauna.

So much outrage over one expendable player. Joel Bowden was 10 times the player Tuck is and nobody shed a tear when he was pushed out.:rolleyes:
and as if you or I or anyone else really knows what is going on behind the scenes anyway.

Mate my info is from the horses mouth, I have already told you that. I was a great fan of Campbo as a player, but can't cop what I have heard from the horses mouth.

Take Tucky over Bowden every day...

Bowden was like a box of chocolates...you never knew what you were going to get when he had that ball in his hands...

I like Coggas theory on Sheedy swallowing the victim mentality.
On Rayzor I too choked on my tea re Corey and Kelly but with time to digest and In fairness to Rayzor, if Tuck were at Geelong the last 4 years and Corey Richmond they would be in eachothers shoes undoubtedly.

I dont want to be insulting again, but fair dinkum..........

Yeah everyone knows that Cotchin, Martin and Foley are technically keeping him out of the 22, but so are Thursfield and Jack technically, because ANYONE that is in it is keeping him out. But our midfield revolves around more than those 3 - Jackson, Grigg and Edwards all spend quite a bit of time in there, so surely you can see Dimma is just being a smart arse naming the 3 of the most popular midfielders with our supporter group to justify not picking him.

And tugga you made a lot more sense when you were your own man and werent toeing the line put forth by your cronies. The same cronies that forced you to change the greatest avatar that Big Footy had ever seen before they invited you into their sauna.
Throwing up Jack & Thursfield just further highlights how silly the arguements are for Tuck to be in the side. The simple fact is we have 4 quality inside mids but can only afford to play 3, so I'll ask again, given we're looking at building a side for the long term future which 3 are you going to play? Again I would assume the answer is pretty clear and yet it would seem its not.

Throwing up Jack & Thursfield just further highlights how silly the arguements are for Tuck to be in the side. The simple fact is we have 4 quality inside mids but can only afford to play 3, so I'll ask again, given we're looking at building a side for the long term future which 3 are you going to play? Again I would assume the answer is pretty clear and yet it would seem its not.
Who are these 4 quality inside mids?
I thought we were talking about Richmond.

Why can't it be guys like Cotchin Martin & Foley that are keeping him out of the side? Is it because it doesn't allow you to question the decision if it is?

becouse it is a load of bs that only the blind(to the truth) could possibly agree with

more spin from a richmond coach.

of course we wouldent play him in front of those 3 but infront of jackson.edwards,jackson,nason,white,grigg? every week.

cotch and martin should both be outside mids at this point of there careers sort stints as inside mids to learn tuck should be doing all/most the grunt work
when they are both blown out by the time they are 25 who are we going to blame?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To test this theory you should go onto the BF main board and post the following thread. The title should be ...

"Richmond have four quality mids but can only afford to play three - discuss"

Your assertion may, or may not, get overwhelming support. If I were a betting man I would suggest that it may not.

cotch and martin should both be outside mids at this point of there careers sort stints as inside mids to learn tuck should be doing all/most the grunt work
when they are both blown out by the time they are 25 who are we going to blame?

exactly..... and its not like they dont need to work on their outside game.

becouse it is a load of bs that only the blind(to the truth) could possibly agree with

more spin from a richmond coach.

of course we wouldent play him in front of those 3 but infront of jackson.edwards,jackson,nason,white,grigg? every week.
Its only spin because it doesn't suit the arguements of the pro Tuck supporters.

Whats happening RT ussually you respond within seconds , or was your assertion about the 4 Quality inside mids unable to satnd up to scrutiny?

You are kidding yourself if you think Tuck would be an upgrade on Kelly and Corey. Between the 2 of them on Sunday they had 60 disposals 20 contested possession 10 marks 7 clearances 9 tackles 3 goal assists with Kelly playing 18% and Corey 11% less gametime.

Why on earth would you be silly enough to want to make a statistical argument for them ahead of Tuck in a game where you know Tuck flogged them?

And which part about "on current form" and Tuck outplaying both of them last week are you struggling with?

Champion Data and Pro-Stats both rated Tuck the best player on the ground (4th highest rated midfielder for the round), a long way ahead of Kelly and Corey, Kelly in particular was wasteful with 10 turnovers and 4 critical errors, Tuck only had four turnovers and one critical error (Cotchin had 15 turnovers and 5 critical errors FWIW). Tuck has rated higher than either throughout his entire career with the exception of perhaps one premiership year where Corey was matching his ratings if not slightly ahead. Tuck rated higher than either the year he had to kick most of the season with his left foot. Most of Tuck's career he's had no ruckman (he's even had to be the ruckman) and at best one other decent onballer alongside him, compared to Corey and Kelly who've always had it on a platter in a winning side. Tuck is clearly the better performed individual player of the three on any measurable scale.

Unbiased ratings put Tuck ahead of dozens if not hundreds of players people like you get irrational man-fetishes for and overrate because you're blind to substance and all giddy about style and group-think consensus.

As has been pointed out to you time and again, Miller only played until Griffiths came good and could take his spot.

He played ahead of a number of other young talls, who all deserved the opportunity to make as little impact as Griffiths has so far this year.

I'd suggest that Newman is in much the same position, when a younger and hopefully better option comes along and performs well enough to take his spot he too will be moved on.

Talk about 'enough rope' eh? :D

Give it up RT, your real beliefs are leaking out the sides. You couldn't possibly shoot yourself in the foot any worse than your above statement.

So what happens if we do let Tuck go at seasons end and he doesn't get picked up by anyone or does get picked up by a side and again finds himself spending most of the year in a lower grade. Are you going to then start a campaign saying that those sides have no idea what they are doing or will you accept that Tuck isn't all that you make him out to be?

You know something RT, what is right in football is invariably NOT what is popular, or fashionable. If you're following trends, fashions, and fetishes, then it goes without saying that you're not going to be ahead of the competition, you've got your nose up their arse. There is only one winner each season and by next year there will be 17 losers. It doesn't really matter that from Leigh Brown and Stuart Dew through to Lewis Roberts-Thomson and Martin Pike, these blokes weren't fashionable options to bolster a premiership side.

We went into the season capable of putting in a far better performance than what we have, if we lose Tuck for next year it will be the same scenario and it will quite likely cost us added millions on top of all of this year's lost revenue.

How much does a man-fetish have to cost before someone draws the line?

Tuck replacing James Kelly or Joel Corey:eek:
I have read some rippers in my time on BF, but I reckon that takes the lot.:eek:

Nothing could possibly be funnier than you of all people trying to play the 'embarrassment sniper' tug. If you've got anything right all season, it's only because you've taken both sides of the argument.

I've lost count of how many times you've flip-flopped on Tuck...within the same day not so long ago you put up a side which brought him in, then had yet another mindless pot-shot in my direction for saying he should be in the side - on the exact same day.

:eek: indeed. :eek:

I've held the same position on Tuck all year and practically everything I've predicted has happened. It's a statistical fact that Tuck's "current form" from the weekend was miles above that of Corey and Kelly, it's a statistical fact that he's been a higher rated player throughout his career. I've got facts to back up my opinion, you've got your man-fetishes.

Opinions 100% backed by verifiable, undeniable facts, would for most rational, unbiased people, not amount to 'the most outlandish and amusing thing they've ever seen.'

Clearly, you belong in a different, *special* category of your own.

Sorry to keep our 'wankfest' going RT, and to put more vomit in mouths...

I doubt that.

I think it was the same poster who said if Tuck played against Carlton, we would not have lost by 17 goals and it would have been 11?
Well, we were 11 goals down at half time on the weekend. Such an influence he has on our team.

Yeah, half the loss we had to Carlton, against a better side, two men down for most of the game - 10 goals is an absolute miracle considering the way we played. With Tuck - the bloke you've insisted all year is long gone - rated the best player on the ground. Matching a top-2 side in the second half with Tuck starring.

How more clear could the influence have been?

Hell of a case for mocking me you've got there, once again. :D

I can't work out how many Richmond supporters can say that he he is not up to the standard required to play for Richmond at the present time when every piece of evidence indicates that he is in the top bracket of players in the competition.

They're all style fetishists and messiah worshippers with goldfish memories Cam. ;)

Because their memories can only hold one fact or two about each player's game at absolute best, all they remember of Tuck is 'not stylish.' Because a fair portion of them (tugga being a prime example) watch half pissed from the stands, then miss the vast majority of what he does in the guts and draw their amusingly skewed opinions almost entirely from his open-field play. Because Hardwick is the latest messiah they're worshipping and he's insistent on being a world class fool when it comes to Tuck, but messiah's only begin to be wrong in the slightest once there's a comfortable enough amount of public opinion and enough years under the bridge to suggest they might actually be failures. Then of course, everything they've ever done was a deliberate ploy to enrich themselves and harm the club, they're the dumbest person we could possibly have chosen, and their biggest fanboys from the earlier years will be the same ones leading the witch-hunt when it's all too obvious things have gone pear shaped.

I think that about covers it. ;)

Why on earth would you be silly enough to want to make a statistical argument for them ahead of Tuck in a game where you know Tuck flogged them?

And which part about "on current form" and Tuck outplaying both of them last week are you struggling with?

Champion Data and Pro-Stats both rated Tuck the best player on the ground (4th highest rated midfielder for the round), a long way ahead of Kelly and Corey, Kelly in particular was wasteful with 10 turnovers and 4 critical errors, Tuck only had four turnovers and one critical error (Cotchin had 15 turnovers and 5 critical errors FWIW). Tuck has rated higher than either throughout his entire career with the exception of perhaps one premiership year where Corey was matching his ratings if not slightly ahead. Tuck rated higher than either the year he had to kick most of the season with his left foot. Most of Tuck's career he's had no ruckman (he's even had to be the ruckman) and at best one other decent onballer alongside him, compared to Corey and Kelly who've always had it on a platter in a winning side. Tuck is clearly the better performed individual player of the three on any measurable scale.

Unbiased ratings put Tuck ahead of dozens if not hundreds of players people like you get irrational man-fetishes for and overrate because you're blind to substance and all giddy about style and group-think consensus.

He played ahead of a number of other young talls, who all deserved the opportunity to make as little impact as Griffiths has so far this year.

Talk about 'enough rope' eh? :D

Give it up RT, your real beliefs are leaking out the sides. You couldn't possibly shoot yourself in the foot any worse than your above statement.

You know something RT, what is right in football is invariably NOT what is popular, or fashionable. If you're following trends, fashions, and fetishes, then it goes without saying that you're not going to be ahead of the competition, you've got your nose up their arse. There is only one winner each season and by next year there will be 17 losers. It doesn't really matter that from Leigh Brown and Stuart Dew through to Lewis Roberts-Thomson and Martin Pike, these blokes weren't fashionable options to bolster a premiership side.

We went into the season capable of putting in a far better performance than what we have, if we lose Tuck for next year it will be the same scenario and it will quite likely cost us added millions on top of all of this year's lost revenue.

How much does a man-fetish have to cost before someone draws the line?

Nothing could possibly be funnier than you of all people trying to play the 'embarrassment sniper' tug. If you've got anything right all season, it's only because you've taken both sides of the argument.

I've lost count of how many times you've flip-flopped on Tuck...within the same day not so long ago you put up a side which brought him in, then had yet another mindless pot-shot in my direction for saying he should be in the side - on the exact same day.

I've held the same position on Tuck all year and practically everything I've predicted has happened. It's a statistical fact that Tuck's "current form" from the weekend was miles above that of Corey and Kelly, it's a statistical fact that he's been a higher rated player throughout his career. I've got facts to back up my opinion, you've got your man-fetishes.

Opinions 100% backed by verifiable, undeniable facts, would for most rational, unbiased people, not amount to 'the most outlandish and amusing thing they've ever seen.'

Clearly, you belong in a different, *special* category of your own.

I doubt that.

Yeah, half the loss we had to Carlton, against a better side, two men down for most of the game - 10 goals is an absolute miracle considering the way we played. With Tuck - the bloke you've insisted all year is long gone - rated the best player on the ground. Matching a top-2 side in the second half with Tuck starring.

How more clear could the influence have been?

Hell of a case for mocking me you've got there, once again. :D

They're all style fetishists and messiah worshippers with goldfish memories Cam. ;)

Because their memories can only hold one fact or two about each player's game at absolute best, all they remember of Tuck is 'not stylish.' Because a fair portion of them (tugga being a prime example) watch half pissed from the stands, then miss the vast majority of what he does in the guts and draw their amusingly skewed opinions almost entirely from his open-field play. Because Hardwick is the latest messiah they're worshipping and he's insistent on being a world class fool when it comes to Tuck, but messiah's only begin to be wrong in the slightest once there's a comfortable enough amount of public opinion and enough years under the bridge to suggest they might actually be failures. Then of course, everything they've ever done was a deliberate ploy to enrich themselves and harm the club, they're the dumbest person we could possibly have chosen, and their biggest fanboys from the earlier years will be the same ones leading the witch-hunt when it's all too obvious things have gone pear shaped.

I think that about covers it. ;)

did you find out who the 4 elite inside midfielders were?

I haven't backflipped at all Rayz. There have been plenty of times where I have wanted Tuck in the side this season. I just don't get suicidal and downright angry to the point of being aggressive when he's not picked like some do.
Basically, I'll put this as simply as I can, not because I need to, but because I want to. I trust the judgement of our coaching panel over any internet forum poster every day of the week, including me. If Tuck is not playing, then there are myriad reasons for it and the coaching panel is under no obligation whatsoever to let anyone know of them other than Shane himself.

I haven't backflipped at all Rayz. There have been plenty of times where I have wanted Tuck in the side this season. I just don't get suicidal and downright angry to the point of being aggressive when he's not picked like some do.
Basically, I'll put this as simply as I can, not because I need to, but because I want to. I trust the judgement of our coaching panel over any internet forum poster every day of the week, including me. If Tuck is not playing, then there are myriad reasons for it and the coaching panel is under no obligation whatsoever to let anyone know of them other than Shane himself.

nor do we the internet forum hereos,tiger fans and supporters have any obligation whatsoever to support a coaching panel that has all the hall marks of being the titanic.

nor do we the internet forum hereos,tiger fans and supporters have any obligation whatsoever to support a coaching panel that has all the hall marks of being the titanic.
Absolutely! And that's why it's a discussion board. It's all good. I think you are being melodramatic calling it the Titanic, but hey, you are entitled to an opinion and that's why we are all here.

Yes...

Be that as it may...

Would you pick Tucky to keep playing for the RFC after his last saturdays efforts...?!?...

Yes...

Be that as it may...

Would you pick Tucky to keep playing for the RFC after his last saturdays efforts...?!?...
I didn't see his game as being outstanding last week as others did. I saw a man who kicked as short as he possibly could to avoid turning the ball over. Joel Bowden got lambasted on this board for doing the same thing in his final year. But Tuck escapes that scrutiny. I struggle to see why.
Graham won a lot of the ruck contests and we got clearances (for once) but it didn't translate onto the scoreboard did it? He didn't play badly, far from it, but I didn't see anything in his game that improved our performance one iota.
We were competitive in the 2nd half purely because Geelong eased off the gas.
He didn't do anything to deserve to be dropped so yes I would pick him for the next game against the Eagles, where we are also likely to be well beaten.
I would not continue with him next year though for a number of reasons. We need to push younger players through and I don't think he offers any type of leadership such is the shy nature of the guy. I also think his ability is limited.
I realise I am in the minority here. I don't doubt that. But it is my view nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back