Mega Thread What Shane Tuck Does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is its now nearly 6 year later and sadly for all his 'elite' midfield skills we still find ourselves sitting in the bottom half of the ladder and the one constant in that time is that Tuck has been a key part of our midfield.Yet strangely people still want him to be a key part of our midfield set up for the next couple of seasons. Whats that saying about continuing to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

So Newy must go too then. And clearly Campbell must go as well.

The problem with that is its now nearly 6 year later and sadly for all his 'elite' midfield skills we still find ourselves sitting in the bottom half of the ladder and the one constant in that time is that Tuck has been a key part of our midfield.Yet strangely people still want him to be a key part of our midfield set up for the next couple of seasons. Whats that saying about continuing to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

If Tucky has contributed to RFC position at the bottom end of the ladder for the past 6 years...like you say...

Then obviously he was'nt on his lonesome...he's had a lot of helpers...who are still here today and still playing on...

Whats that saying about throwing enough mud and soon its going to....

If Tucky has contributed to RFC position at the bottom end of the ladder for the past 6 years...like you say...

Then obviously he was'nt on his lonesome...he's had a lot of helpers...who are still here today and still playing on...

Whats that saying about throwing enough mud and soon its going to....
Not suggesting that Tuck has been on his own. However when you look at our midfield set up from 2005 until last year who was the one player that week after week was a cornerstone of the setup? The answer is Tuck. As I said earlier despite all his great games where he would rack up 30 odd touches, win clearances and lay tackles we have still found ourselves year after year finishing near the arse end of the ladder.

Now 6 years later, with Tuck nearly 30 and a host of younger and arguably better more well rounded options available people are still suggesting that Tuck should be the cornerstone of our midfield set up for the foreseeable future.

no no you are quite correct. And yes Hardwick and the other 15 coaches in the league have got it all wrong. You have it right and they all have it wrong. He is elite, he was in 2005 and continues to dominate and continues to influence the game. All opposition planning is focused on stopping Tuck, because if they do then they win. Funny thing though, they dont seem to be able to stop him and what is even funnier is that he continues to be elite and they continue to win...as i said you stick to playing with plastecine and one day you will progress to wordwork...;)

That was quick ..your back.

He was also 5th in our best and fairest last season..... and he proved on the weekend that he is still far better than most of our other players in clearance work.

I would not mind if the club did a Gaspar and said his services were no longer available and we need to give younger players a spot. I wouldn't agree with it but I would respect the clubs decision.

What confuses me is when the season was alive and we were getting smashed in the contested possessions he was playing for Coburg. Now that the season is over they throw him in???? WHY WHY WHY WHY???

Now is the time to throw the kids into the rough end... the season is well and truly shot so nothing can be lost.

Why pick Tuck now?? if the reasoning was that he was holding youngsters back then why play him now..... it's this sought of selection that confuses us brain dead supporters....

Not suggesting that Tuck has been on his own. However when you look at our midfield set up from 2005 until last year who was the one player that week after week was a cornerstone of the setup? The answer is Tuck. As I said earlier despite all his great games where he would rack up 30 odd touches, win clearances and lay tackles we have still found ourselves year after year finishing near the arse end of the ladder.

Now 6 years later, with Tuck nearly 30 and a host of younger and arguably better more well rounded options available people are still suggesting that Tuck should be the cornerstone of our midfield set up for the foreseeable future.

For a moderator you really are a dumb sh1t. Are you suggesting that Simon Black is to blame for Brisbanes last 5 years, or Jobe Watson for Essendons last 4 years?

Maybe just maybe, it has been the fault of some of the other players on the list.

You are right it makes complete sense to blame a player that has been a constant top 5 in the best and fairest for the past 5 years and continue playing others from the same era:confused::confused:

I forgot to mention that Cotchin obviously loves playing with Tucky, his best games this year have all been with Tucky in the side....just saying.

He was also 5th in our best and fairest last season..... and he proved on the weekend that he is still far better than most of our other players in clearance work.

I would not mind if the club did a Gaspar and said his services were no longer available and we need to give younger players a spot. I wouldn't agree with it but I would respect the clubs decision.

What confuses me is when the season was alive and we were getting smashed in the contested possessions he was playing for Coburg. Now that the season is over they throw him in???? WHY WHY WHY WHY???

Now is the time to throw the kids into the rough end... the season is well and truly shot so nothing can be lost.

Why pick Tuck now?? if the reasoning was that he was holding youngsters back then why play him now..... it's this sought of selection that confuses us brain dead supporters....

Pretty much answered it yourself, we were winning and playing good footy without Tuck in the side whilst still losing the Contested possessions.

The reason Tuck is being picked now and not before is because before, Tuck was being used as a scape-goat by the coaching staff. By dropping Tuck and playing younger guys the pressure gets taken off the full-time paid employees of the Richmond FC (the coaching staff). Richmond could say that they are building for the future and everyone can just accept some short term pain because "we are getting games into the kids". Bad luck about Tuck who deserved a spot but wasn't given one.

Except ...

the short term pain became too acute and the the cosy arrangement the coaching staff was threatened by a revolution of the membership who could handle losses but not humiliation.

Solution (by coaching staff)

Bring back perpetual scape-goat Shane Tuck, to prevent shocking losses, and therefore save the jobs of the coaching staff ... The irony is amazing :p

Pretty much answered it yourself, we were winning and playing good footy without Tuck in the side whilst still losing the Contested possessions.

Before he was recalled this week, Tuck had played in 4 games for 3 wins.

He missed the Freo win thru injury the week before, and we have beaten Brisbane only when he was dominating at Coburg.

Just stop - you are embarrassing yourself:eek:

what the hell are you on about?

your saying its tucks fault we were languishing at the bottom of the ladder? theres no such thing as a one man team. it wouldnt matter who we had as the "cornerstone" of our midfield from 2005-2009 we still would have been sh1t

oh well Deledio has been playing with us since 2005, and with all of his elite skills and his great games where he would rack up 30 touches were still at the arse end of the ladder. ah well, we'll just send him to coburg for the year, maybe give him some contract with a clause where he has to play a certain amount of games...........LOL

you say newman will stop playing when we find a suitable replacement for him....the thing is we dont have a suitable replacement for tuck yet
we suck at clearances, contested positions. we need another genuine in and under mid and that is tuck.
no-one is saying tuck should be the cornerstone of our midfield now. there just saying he should play.

For a moderator you really are a dumb sh1t. Are you suggesting that Simon Black is to blame for Brisbanes last 5 years, or Jobe Watson for Essendons last 4 years?

Maybe just maybe, it has been the fault of some of the other players on the list.

You are right it makes complete sense to blame a player that has been a constant top 5 in the best and fairest for the past 5 years and continue playing others from the same era:confused::confused:

I forgot to mention that Cotchin obviously loves playing with Tucky, his best games this year have all been with Tucky in the side....just saying.
Any chance you can give an opinion without resorting to abuse?

We were winning????? were we? I didn't realise we were entrenched in the eight early in the year. And we was apart of 3 of our wins.

The season was Alive because we could still win enough games to make it.... The reason we were losing games ... was because we were losing contested possession.

Before he was recalled this week, Tuck had played in 4 games for 3 wins.

He missed the Freo win thru injury the week before, and we have beaten Brisbane only when he was dominating at Coburg.

Just stop - you are embarrassing yourself:eek:

He barely done anything in the games he played, pretty sure he was the sub in both the Brisbane and North game and went off injured in the Essendon game, he had a disposal count of 11, 7 and 12 are you trying to tell me Tuck is the reason why we won those games?

I think it's you who needs to stop embarrassing themselves. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After an absence of several weeks and playing against one of in form elite mid fields in the comp...ie Geelong...and starring...

I have no problem with Tucky being around for many more years to come as long as he played like he did on Saturday...

No problem at all...

If RFC are at the arse end of the ladder i would suggest they got there without Tuckys help this year...

We were winning????? were we? I didn't realise we were entrenched in the eight early in the year. And we was apart of 3 of our wins.

The season was Alive because we could still win enough games to make it.... The reason we were losing games ... was because we were losing contested possession.

So you've gone from 'Season Alive' to 'Entrenched in the Eight', I could care less if we were entrenched in the 8 or not, the kids were the ones putting up stellar performances such as the Fremantle and Dreamtime game.

And I suggest you go through the stat's, even whilst losing the contested possession we were still winning games through our uncontested possession and crisp ball movement, I fail to see how Tuck would of helped us win games when it was the opposite of what he does best for the reason we were playing so well.

what the hell are you on about?

your saying its tucks fault we were languishing at the bottom of the ladder? theres no such thing as a one man team. it wouldnt matter who we had as the "cornerstone" of our midfield from 2005-2009 we still would have been sh1t

oh well Deledio has been playing with us since 2005, and with all of his elite skills and his great games where he would rack up 30 touches were still at the arse end of the ladder. ah well, we'll just send him to coburg for the year, maybe give him some contract with a clause where he has to play a certain amount of games...........LOL

no-one is saying tuck should be the cornerstone of our midfield now. there just saying he should play.
I'm not saying that its Tucks fault, what I'm saying is that with Tuck in the side week after week for the past 5-6 years we haven't been that good. Now that we have younger and arguably better and well rounded options to develop in the midfield we need to move on from Tuck and see if these guys can take us to places that we never reached with Tuck as the cornerstone. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

[/b]

After an absence of several weeks and playing against one of in form elite mid fields in the comp...ie Geelong...and starring...

I have no problem with Tucky being around for many more years to come as long as he played like he did on Saturday...

No problem at all...

If RFC are at the arse end of the ladder i would suggest they got there without Tuckys help this year...
Lets do that and in a couple of years time when we're still in the same position we currently are we can sit around and posters like you can ask why didn't we try and make changes earlier?

Any chance you can give an opinion without resorting to abuse?

Ok sorry I called you a dumb sh1t.

But any chance you can answer my question without resorting to oversensitivity?

I just can not believe that there are Richmond supporters who are happy that Tuck has not been getting a game while names like Farmer, Hislop, Jackson, Grigg, Edwards, have been.

It is just outrageous.

And then to blame him for our results over the past few years:confused::confused:

I'm not saying that its Tucks fault, what I'm saying is that with Tuck in the side week after week for the past 5-6 years we haven't been that good. Now that we have younger and arguably better and well rounded options to develop in the midfield we need to move on from Tuck and see if these guys can take us to places that we never reached with Tuck as the cornerstone. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Its not RT, but these better and well rounded options need to be made to earn games. Otherwise you breed a culture of .................... well Richmonds.

Its not RT, but these better and well rounded options need to be made to earn games. Otherwise you breed a culture of .................... well Richmonds.
Tell me how Foley Cotchin & Martin haven't earnt games this year? Because they are the 3 players that are keeping Tuck out of the lineup.

So you've gone from 'Season Alive' to 'Entrenched in the Eight', I could care less if we were entrenched in the 8 or not, the kids were the ones putting up stellar performances such as the Fremantle and Dreamtime game.

And I suggest you go through the stat's, even whilst losing the contested possession we were still winning games through our uncontested possession and crisp ball movement, I fail to see how Tuck would of helped us win games when it was the opposite of what he does best for the reason we were playing so well.

Christ you speak rubbish. Did you get your email from Dimma today. His one positive from yesterday was the fact that we were able to beat Geelong in contested possessions and clearances. Are you suggesting it is a team directive to lose these statistics??

Tell me how Foley Cotchin & Martin haven't earnt games this year? Because they are the 3 players that are keeping Tuck out of the lineup.

Cotchin and Martin obviously deserve a spot ahead of Tuck.

Foley is debatable.

You forgot Hislop, Grigg and Jackson. And dont tell me Jacko is playing as a tagger - he is the most ineffectual tagger in the game at the moment.

Lets do that and in a couple of years time when we're still in the same position we currently are we can sit around and posters like you can ask why didn't we try and make changes earlier?

If...and its a big if...if we are in the same position in years to come of course i'll be asking questions...would'nt everyone...?!?...

But as sure as hell i would'nt be pointing the finger at Tucky if...if...if...he's playing like he did on Saturday last...

I'd be pointing lots of fingers at the 'developing' young players...established players and the coaching staff...

Somehow we managed to fit those three and Tuck into the same team on the weekend.

Christ you speak rubbish. Did you get your email from Dimma today. His one positive from yesterday was the fact that we were able to beat Geelong in contested possessions and clearances. Are you suggesting it is a team directive to lose these statistics??

You seem to say that a lot when starting a conversation..... Moving on.

We beat Geelong in contested possessions, yet for some reason were flogged by 10 goals, earlier in the year when we were playing some reasonably good footy we were outrunning our opponents and using our speed and good ball movement winning plenty of uncontested possessions to beat our opponent.

Without going through the stat's I'd say in all of our wins we lost the contested possession count yet beat our opponents by about 100+ uncontested possessions and marks.

Read into that which ever way you like, but for me beating an opponent in uncontested possession means we worked much harder then they did to receive and break open into space when we had ball in hand, the difference between then and now is that our skill level for the past 8-10 weeks has been well below AFL standard, it's no coincidence that we were leading the AFL for Kicking Efficiency and were in the top3-5 in total points scored whilst also winning a lot of uncontested possessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back