Mega Thread What Shane Tuck Does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust the judgement of our coaching panel over any internet forum poster every day of the week, including me. If Tuck is not playing, then there are myriad reasons for it

Thats very much a fanboy approach to supporting a club. Not that there is anything wrong with that. We all do what we can to cope with losing every week.

Did you have the same blinkered view with walls, gieschen, frawley and wallace? I'm sure a lot of fans could have done better jobs coaching the club.

There may be a reason why tuck isn't playing, but I can assure you it will have nothing to do with winning a game of football. Which is what I expect from my club, week in week out. That they have a real crack at winning and don't pretend that losing will somewhere turn the club into a bunch of winners in some distant future alternative reality.

Thats very much a fanboy approach to supporting a club. Not that there is anything wrong with that. We all do what we can to cope with losing every week.

Did you have the same blinkered view with walls, gieschen, frawley and wallace? I'm sure a lot of fans could have done better jobs coaching the club.

There may be a reason why tuck isn't playing, but I can assure you it will have nothing to do with winning a game of football. Which is what I expect from my club, week in week out. That they have a real crack at winning and don't pretend that losing will somewhere turn the club into a bunch of winners in some distant future alternative reality.
How can you assure me of that?
I see with my own eyes what Tuck does and doesn't do. I see an average footballer playing 6 games this season and the rest in the reserves.
I am sure a lot of fans would not have coached any better than the ones you listed. That's why we are fans and that's all we are.

Why can't it be guys like Cotchin Martin & Foley that are keeping him out of the side? Is it because it doesn't allow you to question the decision if it is?

NO. martin, cotchin, foley and tuck all played for the same team on the weekend (im pretty sure ;)). And as a "coincidence" grigg the guy everyone thought would be a so called uprgade on tuck came out of the team and tuck came in. THATS WHY IT CANT BE GUYS LIKE COTCHIN, MARTIN AND FOLEY

NO. martin, cotchin, foley and tuck all played for the same team on the weekend (im pretty sure ;)). And as a "coincidence" grigg the guy everyone thought would be a so called uprgade on tuck came out of the team and tuck came in. THATS WHY IT CANT BE GUYS LIKE COTCHIN, MARTIN AND FOLEY

Now you could not be any more succinct than this on the matter. How can the Tuck haters explain this?

Tuck is?????????

so who is the other one keeping him out?
How many times does it have to be said. The 4 inside mids we have are Tuck Foley Cotchin & Martin.

Now you could not be any more succinct than this on the matter. How can the Tuck haters explain this?
We don't have to explain it the coach has publically said that its Foley Cotchin & Martin that are keeping Tuck out of the side. What reason does he have to lie about it?

That's amazing. :eek:
Thanks for input.
But yes it is amazing. Amazing that an average player, with plenty of deficencies, nearing the end of his tenure, plays only 6 games so far this year in a developing side. It's just incredible.

I dont get the impression there are Tuck haters, just that some people dont see value in playing him ahead of ...(anyone else) due to his age or shortcomings.

I think he is pretty well respected as a player - the Brownlow count someone posted was interesting, showing thats not just a fans perspective.

The Foley/Cotchin/Martin argument is a bit bodgy - but still valid - they (and Jackson clearly) are all locked in for as many games as possible, the rest are rotations, through the team or positions. Tucky seemed to get stuck on rotated to Coburg when his form showed better.

Id have preferred to see him get a few more games, perhaps play as defensive forward I always suggest, though I will confess, I have NO FOOTY XP myself and therefore dunno what this role requires and if it would be a good role for him other than: he kick mark tackle good.

I dont get the impression there are Tuck haters, just that some people dont see value in playing him ahead of ...(anyone else) due to his age or shortcomings.

I think he is pretty well respected as a player - the Brownlow count someone posted was interesting, showing thats not just a fans perspective.

The Foley/Cotchin/Martin argument is a bit bodgy - but still valid - they (and Jackson clearly) are all locked in for as many games as possible, the rest are rotations, through the team or positions. Tucky seemed to get stuck on rotated to Coburg when his form showed better.

Id have preferred to see him get a few more games, perhaps play as defensive forward I always suggest, though I will confess, I have NO FOOTY XP myself and therefore dunno what this role requires and if it would be a good role for him other than: he kick mark tackle good.

Nail on the head there KC. Nobody hates him. As I've said plenty of times, he's been a warrior for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope someone like GWS pick Tuck up and he plays 15+ games next year and tears us up when we play against him its a disgrace that he hasn't been playing, while players like Farmer, Hislop, Nason from the VFL and Jackson, Grigg, Edwards ect get gifted games for doing f*** all! How about put Tuck in the seniors and make one of these younger guys force him out of the team so they actually have to work hard for a game!

Why on earth would you be silly enough to want to make a statistical argument for them ahead of Tuck in a game where you know Tuck flogged them?

And which part about "on current form" and Tuck outplaying both of them last week are you struggling with?

Champion Data and Pro-Stats both rated Tuck the best player on the ground (4th highest rated midfielder for the round), a long way ahead of Kelly and Corey, Kelly in particular was wasteful with 10 turnovers and 4 critical errors, Tuck only had four turnovers and one critical error (Cotchin had 15 turnovers and 5 critical errors FWIW). Tuck has rated higher than either throughout his entire career with the exception of perhaps one premiership year where Corey was matching his ratings if not slightly ahead. Tuck rated higher than either the year he had to kick most of the season with his left foot. Most of Tuck's career he's had no ruckman (he's even had to be the ruckman) and at best one other decent onballer alongside him, compared to Corey and Kelly who've always had it on a platter in a winning side. Tuck is clearly the better performed individual player of the three on any measurable scale.

Unbiased ratings put Tuck ahead of dozens if not hundreds of players people like you get irrational man-fetishes for and overrate because you're blind to substance and all giddy about style and group-think consensus.
Did you miss the part where it was mentioned that both Kelly & Corey spent much less time on the ground than Tuck did and yet finished with very similar stats? As for using Supercoach rankings as a way to judge how well a player plays, lets just say it is almost as embarrassing as suggesting that Tuck would replace Corey and Kelly in the Cats lineup. Going by your logic Allen Christensen should replace Martin Foley & Deledio in our side because he scored the same or more than they did in Supercoach points.

He played ahead of a number of other young talls, who all deserved the opportunity to make as little impact as Griffiths has so far this year.
Who are the number of other young talls did he play ahead of? The only other option available outside of Griffiths was Post in terms of talls who could play forward.

Talk about 'enough rope' eh? :D

Give it up RT, your real beliefs are leaking out the sides. You couldn't possibly shoot yourself in the foot any worse than your above statement.
Looking forward to seeing you explain how Cotchin Martin & Foley aren't playing at a good enough level to be selected ahead of Tuck seeing as they are the players that were keeping him out of the side.

You know something RT, what is right in football is invariably NOT what is popular, or fashionable. If you're following trends, fashions, and fetishes, then it goes without saying that you're not going to be ahead of the competition, you've got your nose up their arse. There is only one winner each season and by next year there will be 17 losers. It doesn't really matter that from Leigh Brown and Stuart Dew through to Lewis Roberts-Thomson and Martin Pike, these blokes weren't fashionable options to bolster a premiership side.
Thats a great spiel Ray but goes nowhere near answering the question I posed. Perhaps you can have a crack at it again in your next reply.

We went into the season capable of putting in a far better performance than what we have, if we lose Tuck for next year it will be the same scenario and it will quite likely cost us added millions on top of all of this year's lost revenue.

How much does a man-fetish have to cost before someone draws the line?
Did we really? We were widely tipped to finish in the spot we currently sit and to win between 1-3 games more than we currently have. It would suggest to me that we're pretty much spot on as to what we were capable of.

They're all style fetishists and messiah worshippers with goldfish memories Cam. ;)

Because their memories can only hold one fact or two about each player's game at absolute best, all they remember of Tuck is 'not stylish.' Because a fair portion of them (tugga being a prime example) watch half pissed from the stands, then miss the vast majority of what he does in the guts and draw their amusingly skewed opinions almost entirely from his open-field play. Because Hardwick is the latest messiah they're worshipping and he's insistent on being a world class fool when it comes to Tuck, but messiah's only begin to be wrong in the slightest once there's a comfortable enough amount of public opinion and enough years under the bridge to suggest they might actually be failures. Then of course, everything they've ever done was a deliberate ploy to enrich themselves and harm the club, they're the dumbest person we could possibly have chosen, and their biggest fanboys from the earlier years will be the same ones leading the witch-hunt when it's all too obvious things have gone pear shaped.

I think that about covers it. ;)
Oh the irony, accusing us of being fanboys and messiah worshippers when you have spent the best part the last 3 years constantly defending everything that TW did and how he was sabotaged by the board and the players.

Pretty much sums it up. Respect what he has done but like others before him who busted a gut for the club the time has come to move on and try younger players in his spot. Its the only way we're going to find out if they are good enough to take us forward. Sometimes you need to take a couple of steps backwards before you can take 5-6 steps forwards.

Looking forward to seeing you explain how Cotchin Martin & Foley aren't playing at a good enough level to be selected ahead of Tuck seeing as they are the players that were keeping him out of the side.

no need to explain that, all 3 should play every game when available
even though he said it i doubt very much this is the real reason he does not get a game and really if these are the only players keeping tuck out the side then maybe it is time for the sack the coach thread becouse clearly they have no idea

How many times does it have to be said. The 4 inside mids we have are Tuck Foley Cotchin & Martin.

We don't have to explain it the coach has publically said that its Foley Cotchin & Martin that are keeping Tuck out of the side. What reason does he have to lie about it?

its like talking to a brick wall. so im just gonna repost the same thing i already said previously in this thread

"firstly damien hardwick said

"but with Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley, all those sort of players, which one do I leave out?"

so basically he named our three best midfielders, and then grouped the rest of them together (most of them are sh1t). it is one of these "all of those sort of players" which is keeping tuck out of team, which was proven when grigg was withdrawn that tuck came in. which you people have already said, contradicting yourselves."

RT this is the first time you have said it, is this another Flip Flop?

You DID say there were FOUR in front of TUCK or have you edited your post again?

its like talking to a brick wall. so im just gonna repost the same thing i already said previously in this thread

"but with Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley, all those sort of players, which one do I leave out?"

so basically he named our three best midfielders, and then grouped the rest of them together (most of them are sh1t). it is one of these "all of those sort of players" which is keeping tuck out of team, which was proven when grigg was withdrawn that tuck came in. which you people have already said, contradicting yourselves."

Firstly Grigg was left out of the side for an injury, but ok.

Secondly, how do you know Hardwick didn't mean by saying 'these sort of players' as in the position they play?

I mean all 3 are inside midfielders, it only seems logical that if Hardwick thinks his long term set up involves our 3 best inside midfielders that he would play them there at every opportunity barring injury/suspension.

You DID say there were FOUR in front of TUCK or have you edited your post again?

I read his original post, he did say that we have 4 quality inside midfielders, not that we have 4 midfielders in front of Tuck.

yeah he was withdrawn due to injury.........do you want me to put every single detail in?

He could of. i guess we will never no.

but there's not much point saying that then is there..

No I didn't, nor did I edit any posts.

How do you know that Hardwick wasn't referring to those 3 and Tuck as being those sort of players seeing as he was talking about our inside midfielders? Then again that wouldn't sit well with the arguement you guys are putting forward now would it if it was.

I don't think Hardwick has back flipped on anything.

I think Grigg was recruited specifically to replace Tuck, so if Grigg doesn't play, Tuck is his replacement. Likewise I'd assume if Edwards didn't play, maybe someone like White or Farmer would be his replacement.

By the looks of it Dimma isn't grouping all players in the 'midfield' or 'forward' category. He is being more specific. Which I applaud.

I'm writing a blog on Tucky for the Yellow and Blog section of the clubs website, and it's pretty difficult to write about.

If Tuck is not playing, then there are myriad reasons for it and the coaching panel is under no obligation whatsoever to let anyone know of them other than Shane himself.

I actually think they do need to explain exactly why he hasn't been getting a game, other than the lame "team balance" excuse. Hardwick has contradicted himself on this so many times.

Supporters and members deserve to know why the most in form player in the Richmond list hasn't been getting a game.

Oh and btw I wasn't a fan of Bowden leaving.. Im a believer in the thought that a few senior players, especially cooler heads like Bowden, are needed in a deveolping side.

This point is exactly why the club needs to explain the reason Tucky hasn't played many games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back