What Should Our Expectations Be In 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

To me it's pretty simple. From here on in we should be aiming for a premiership. If you aim for it, i think when your list is ready you'll generally get there and achieve it, or at least come agonizingly close. For me, I think our list is just about ready.

Our list isn't ready for a flag. We need considerable development in a range of players, which I think we will achieve in 2012.

We need at least a key forward either through drafting or skilling up Hammer etc if we want to be premiers in 2012.

We should be pushing for top four minimum, and then anything can happen.
But I just cant see our list winning the the big one. As many i think we are lacking a key forward who can kick you fifty to seventy goals are year guranteed. Preferably someone who take a mark, when the pressure is on and in finals games. our mids are ok, and the backline is nearly there.

But we cannot say injuries anymore, everyone gets them but we are vulnerable in the big man department. if Waite and or Kreuzer go down long term we are in real trouble for top four.

Lets hope we get one ou of the box like Hammer, Mitchell, Casboult etc.!

we had 3 key forwards with close to 50 goals each. We need a tall forward to help contest the high ball. Waite , Kruez and Hampson will hopefully fit th ebill. Waite just has to remain uninjured and out of trouble.

We need at least a key forward either through drafting or skilling up Hammer etc if we want to be premiers in 2012.

Hampson is shit. Can I say that on here? :p Sorry but eye operation or not he has less footy smarts than the guy we just delisted.

Getting our best team on the park would be a start like playing Henderson in a KPF role. Bower's redemption and 20+ games from Watson will allow that.

I fully beleive in my heart of hearts that we can win the flag in 2012. I dont want to get too carried away but the list we have been putting together is gonig to be something special. I think the Club is ready, the players are ready... and im as sure as hell ready! Bring on 2012

My expectations are to Fill the FF role, we have plenty of options in young kids who were drafted over the last 2 years, and to Find that inside midfielder who can block and protect for Judd and Murph.

Key forwards win you flags. Carlton have no proven key forwards on the list. Waite is 29 and past his best. Mitchell is young and will take at least another 2 years to develop. Ruckman never make good key forwards. So that counts out Kreuzer & Hampson. Carlton will be lucky to stay in the 8 in 2012.

Key forwards win you flags. Carlton have no proven key forwards on the list. Waite is 29 and past his best. Mitchell is young and will take at least another 2 years to develop. Ruckman never make good key forwards. So that counts out Kreuzer & Hampson. Carlton will be lucky to stay in the 8 in 2012.

Since when?

Travis Cloke and Buddy Franklin were the dominant key forwards for the year and both their teams failed in finals despite their impact.

Geelong had Hawkins stand up on the day (much aided by an injured Reid), but he was hardly consistent for the year, and Podsiadly had been there main target for the year.

Before these two the Cats flags of 07' and 09' were hardly blessed with dominant forwards. Ablett, Mooney and Hawkins were never superstars.

Hawks won with an awesome double set-up, which hardly fired in the GF.

In recent times key forwards haven't been essential to winning premierships, but important to getting you in a position to. If you can get a player to fill that role, and have stars around them to feed them premium ball and make them look good then you can win

Ottens anyone????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Reiwolt took over when Richo left and had an immediate impact, and we saw Tyrone Vickery step up this year. I think its a bit premature to say Mitchell will take at least 2 years to develop.

Since when?

Travis Cloke and Buddy Franklin were the dominant key forwards for the year and both their teams failed in finals despite their impact.

Geelong had Hawkins stand up on the day (much aided by an injured Reid), but he was hardly consistent for the year, and Podsiadly had been there main target for the year.

Before these two the Cats flags of 07' and 09' were hardly blessed with dominant forwards. Ablett, Mooney and Hawkins were never superstars.

Hawks won with an awesome double set-up, which hardly fired in the GF.

In recent times key forwards haven't been essential to winning premierships, but important to getting you in a position to. If you can get a player to fill that role, and have stars around them to feed them premium ball and make them look good then you can win

You make it sound so easy LOL
I think you are trying to say you can do it without a superstar key forward
but you have to find your Mooney, Hawkins or Pods (or two of them!) and I think you may just find out that these players are a little bit better than you are giving them credit for :rolleyes:

I believe in surprises and called for Thornton to go forward long ago but unless he can do it again and Waite show that he has another good year in him (what Cox did for WCE this year was remarkable - not many older players get their career back on track once it starts sliding) then we are just kidding ourselves banking on a ruckman - bloody hard to believe we let Carlos go :eek:

I reckon you might have to hope for that at best - otherwise you are expecting to win the GF. I cannot see how a team without a guaranteed key forward could hope that - not impossible but a long shot. I say no guaranteed key forward because until Waitey comes good again and plays some consistent football, we cannot even count him. AW should only ever be your number 3 forward - that does not mean he won't kick the most goals, it just means he should not have to carry too much pressure.

I obviously have a lot more patience than you because I only see 2012 as the dress rehearsal for 2013 - by which time we should have had a big young gun come through (if no progress next year we sell the farm to get one) and someone like Yazza or Gibbs becomes elite and along with Murph allow Juddy to be the icing - a bit like Harvey should have been for the Aints.

Agreed If we pinched one this year it would be a bonus 2013 is our time

My expectations for 2012...

Win more games than we lose... win more finals than we lose.

Crush Essendon and the filth or at least crush Essenscum and beat the filth once...

pretty simple really...

Can I add to that, I want to see us give Hawthorn a smack. I am so sick of losing to them.

And pay the Eagles back too.

Ah, ladder predictions. A favorite pastime of mine.

1. Collingwood
2. Carlton
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. West Coast
7. Brisbane
8. St. Kilda
9. Fremantle
10. Essendon
11. Adelaide
12. Richmond
13. North Melbourne
14. Melbourne
15. Gold Coast
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Greater Western Sydney
18. Port Adelaide

Premiers- Carlton
R/up- Hawthorn
Smokey- Sydney

I think I like this one !!!!

Strange, had a dream last night that Cats beat us by one point in the prelim (94-93) and went on to lose to the Hawks (who had beaten the Pies). A dream's a dream, I expect us to make it to the Granny :D

Remove this Banner Ad

What Should Our Expectations Be In 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back