What to do with Sandi? (4 week injury)

Trade or keep Sandi?

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I crazy to consider getting in Johnathan Griffin when I am only going for a league win?

I will pocket over 200k, get a temporary Ruc who is averaging 100/game and has a current BE of -33.

I expect he will keep performing well and should reach 300k without any problems before Sandilands is ready to play again. Also if Sandilands is still out for the WCE round then Ill have a great Ruc with far better JS than those mentioned in this thread.

Then I relax by the time the multi round comes because I have Cox and Smith.

Come Rd 17 I can then decide on what I will do based on Sandilands health.

To me the idea of having access to 200k AND making 100k is worth the 2 trades since I have 13 left.

Am I crazy to consider getting in Johnathan Griffin when I am only going for a league win?

I will pocket over 200k, get a temporary Ruc who is averaging 100/game and has a current BE of -33.

I expect he will keep performing well and should reach 300k without any problems before Sandilands is ready to play again. Also if Sandilands is still out for the WCE round then Ill have a great Ruc with far better JS than those mentioned in this thread.

Then I relax by the time the multi round comes because I have Cox and Smith.

Come Rd 17 I can then decide on what I will do based on Sandilands health.

To me the idea of having access to 200k AND making 100k is worth the 2 trades since I have 13 left.

Not a bad idea but what IF Sandi comes back as thought and plays re 15. Assuming GriFfen would go out, you'd still be 1 short with cox and Griff out. Otherwise I think its OK.
BUT, if you are going for the league win, you could hold Sandi now and use Cox/Smith and still have the exact same worry of no Cox cover if Sandi isn't back?
Will he or won't he be back in time for Cox bye is still the big question. The money is useful now. Sorry if it's not clear but this is still the one issue doing my head in too.

On a different path, is it too late now to double trade to establish the Petrie/Tippett DP link?
Currently have 13 trades left and practically no $$.

Team is
Gibbs, Goddard, adcock, fisher, heppell, stanley, duigan (Jacobs, puopolo, Thompson)
Swan, pendles, Boyd, bartel, mitchell, Thompson (krak, hibbard, bewick)
Cox, smith (Sandi, McCauley)
Sylvia, franklin, chappy, Goodes, riewoldt, knights, darling (mzungu, lynch, Richardson)

It will reduce the Sandi not back risk in Rd 15, Petrie is a top 10 fwd, and through shuffling DP's I get cover in the possibility sylvia, chappy and franklin all miss again.

Still want to get Scotland and shaw in defence and o'keefe in fwds maybe.
Ranked 2200ish - still torn between going for best ranking vs league.
Thoughts guys?

So, who else still has Sandi? :)

For those who traded him out, do you plan on burning a trade or two to get him back in over the next few weeks, when he starts pumping out 100+ scores in the run home?

Who are your rucks, huggy?

I started with Cox, Jolly, Vickery, Smith.

After round 12 I booted Jolly and picked up Browne. So I have enough value to downgrade Smith to a rookie (Bathie) and upgrade Browne (which I plan to do Rd 17 after the Freo bye) leaving me:
Cox and Sandi
- with Vickery as a contingency and Bathie with a cool surname.

I started with Cox, Jolly, Vickery, Smith.

After round 12 I booted Jolly and picked up Browne. So I have enough value to downgrade Smith to a rookie (Bathie) and upgrade Browne (which I plan to do Rd 17 after the Freo bye) leaving me:
Cox and Sandi
- with Vickery as a contingency and Bathie with a cool surname.

Good plan, huggy. :thumbsu: Vickery should be ample cover for the run home.

Speaking of Vickery, reckon he should have been a DP Ruck/Fwd this year.

Alright guys need some serious advice here...

I have Sandilands/Cox in the ruck with the Drew Petrie/J Tippett Combo, what are the chances that Sandilands won't be late changed? I would like to chuck Petrie back into the forward as it would significantly boost my score, however I'm worried Sandilands won't play :/. I have no back up after these guys (got McCauley)

Cheers

Alright guys need some serious advice here...

I have Sandilands/Cox in the ruck with the Drew Petrie/J Tippett Combo, what are the chances that Sandilands won't be late changed? I would like to chuck Petrie back into the forward as it would significantly boost my score, however I'm worried Sandilands won't play :/. I have no back up after these guys (got McCauley)

Cheers
I very much doubt Sandilands would've been selected if he was still not right to go. They are playing Brisbane they don't even need him if he isn't right.

Griffen was very unlucky to get dropped for Sandilands. He has been better than Clarke.
Given he is named as the emergency, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a trick to put Brisbane off and Sandilands watches from the stands for one more week.

I only base that on Brisbane having a ruck decision to make after Mitch Clark got injured and can't pinch hit this week. If Brisbane knows Fremantle are only fielding Z. Clarke and Griff, they might not risk having a second ruckman in their side, but all the noise this week was that Sandilands was back, forcing the consideration for Brisbane.

Make sure you have an emergency for him. If he plays it will be for the whole game, so don't bench him.

I'm not trying to spread rumours, I'm just saying if I knew Brisbane's rucks were depleated coming over, I'd tell them they've got another mountain to get over even if Sandilands was never in Fremantle's plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griffen was very unlucky to get dropped for Sandilands. He has been better than Clarke.
Given he is named as the emergency, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a trick to put Brisbane off and Sandilands watches from the stands for one more week.

I only base that on Brisbane having a ruck decision to make after Mitch Clark got injured and can't pinch hit this week. If Brisbane knows Fremantle are only fielding Z. Clarke and Griff, they might not risk having a second ruckman in their side, but all the noise this week was that Sandilands was back, forcing the consideration for Brisbane.

Make sure you have an emergency for him. If he plays it will be for the whole game, so don't bench him.

I'm not trying to spread rumours, I'm just saying if I knew Brisbane's rucks were depleated coming over, I'd tell them they've got another mountain to get over even if Sandilands was never in Fremantle's plans.

Ah see what ur saying makes sense and would be quite clever by freo.....but surely Harv's wouldn't play such dirty games after his cry about Embley and Kerr in the derby?

no 2 ways about it, Sandilands will play and is fit & I am looking forward to another 100+ dreamteam effort.

So, who else still has Sandi? :)

For those who traded him out, do you plan on burning a trade or two to get him back in over the next few weeks, when he starts pumping out 100+ scores in the run home?

Trading him out was the best thing I did all season. If I kept him I would have copped a zero and lost a critical league game by 8 points....but I had traded him, which gave me cover for Smith getting pulled......and 300k to massively upgrade 2 players from spuds to keepers.

I traded him out for Goldstein last week when Smith was out. Then was worried about Goldy not making it this week so went with Smith as the safe option. Didn't have the trading space to trade Sandi out any earlier especially with Smith doing ok.

Well F me. I stuffed up this decision big time. Screwed me over singlehandedly. Going to require 3 trades total to fix this one. WHY DID I HOLD ONTO YOU! :(

Well F me. I stuffed up this decision big time. Screwed me over singlehandedly. Going to require 3 trades total to fix this one. WHY DID I HOLD ONTO YOU! :(

I think there's a few of us muttering similar things right about now. And grinding our teeth a little while those who traded him out gloat about their alleged wisdom and foresight.

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with Sandi? (4 week injury)

Back