What were peoples thoughts on Darren Milburn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by T.W.Sherrin

I used that name because I love the footies they produce - and it said that I was a lover of footy - to be honest I just thought it was a company - silly me.

Collingwood is the home of football. We even invented the footies.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
About sums things up for me. Geelong are the only team I have nothing but indifference for.

If they win I don't care.

If they lose I don't care.

Oh yes and Fremantle games just have me rivetted to my seat.

Originally posted by hotpie
Collingwood is the home of football. We even invented the footies.

Not sure about the home of football, but if you did indeed invent the footy as you say - congratulations to you. They are a great footy.

Cheers
Umm not sure what to put here now - lol
Mr Brownlow perhaps?

Oh yes and Fremantle games just have me rivetted to my seat.
Actually I lie about not caring, I laughed at a Geelong supporting mate of mine after the Cats came to Subi last year.

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
Actually I lie about not caring, I laughed at a Geelong supporting mate of mine after the Cats came to Subi last year.

All Class

Is that little dweeb from Eddie's Mullionaire show your No 1 ticket holder yet?

I've already given my thoughts on him Jars, but if you feel the need to give us a statement that states that you don't have a statement, knock yourself out.

And for the record, all games interest me, but hey I'm a lover of football, as one eyed as you can get, but occasionally I open the other eye just to make sure my opinions are based on something other than my gut feel.

Each to his own.

Cheers
TW

Don't get me wrong TW, I watch a lot of other footy than the Crows but seem to have missed out on Geelong games last year for some reason

Probably was a pointless post but I am bored.

I think people shouldn't judge him from that Carlton incident. It was a one off (or so I am told.:D )

Originally posted by Jars458
Don't get me wrong TW, I watch a lot of other footy than the Crows but seem to have missed out on Geelong games last year for some reason

Probably was a pointless post but I am bored.

I think people shouldn't judge him from that Carlton incident. It was a one off (or so I am told.:D )

No problems Jars - As you can probably tell, I am a little bored also waiting for the season to start.

Nothing like a bit of friendly banter between opposition supporters.

Good luck for the season - unfortunately, I don't think you'll need it.

Cheers
TW

P.S. And yes it was a one off - not the bump but the hand clapping - he is as tough as nails - I don't like seeing anyone get injured as a result of unfair play, but I think a bit of mongrel in your team doesn't go astray either. He and Cam Mooney are probably the only two down there with this trait at the moment. I used to love watching Gary Ablett intimidate players with his body, most of the times fairly, sometimes not. (Just ask Rodney Grinter - he had a particular dislike for this guy and ironed him out legally on many an occasion - loved it) It sure as hell helped us win some games IMO.

Originally posted by Hornet
Just Average...

While we can all agree that the bump he gave SOS is part of the game and fair enough, it was his antics afterwards when he showed no respect to the player he KO'd, laughing and clapping his way off the ground that upset alot of people.

Antics??? What would you do if people were hurling abuse and spitting at you. I'd do the same, and would probably want to take it further.
If you had seen the game, he wasn't clapping and laughing about the incident, it was about the idiots on the other side of the fence.
I mean its a game of football, there are bumps, and sometimes the bumps are a little harsher than others. It happens in contact sports.

Antics??? What would you do if people were hurling abuse and spitting at you. I'd do the same, and would probably want to take it further.
Yeah he's all class...everyone that gets dragged laughs and claps the opposition crowd.
Spitting...nobody spat at him.
Take if further...well you would've had the shortest career.
If you had seen the game, he wasn't clapping and laughing about the incident, it was about the idiots on the other side of the fence.
How dare opposition fans get upset when one of their champions gets KO'd.
I mean its a game of football, there are bumps, and sometimes the bumps are a little harsher than others. It happens in contact sports.
Well if you read my post properly you would've seen that I said the bump he laid on SOS is part of the game and fair enough.

Yeah he's all class...everyone that gets dragged laughs and claps the opposition crowd.
Spitting...nobody spat at him.
Carey does it all the time, getting up the crowd. Why don't you remember this?
Plugger kicked a ball at an elderly crowd.

No one spat? You were there, You stood behind the bench....

How dare opposition fans get upset when one of their champions gets KO'd.

Never said they couldn't. Didn't like the way they went about it

Well if you read my post properly you would've seen that I said the bump he laid on SOS is part of the game and fair enough.

Just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

What were peoples thoughts on Darren Milburn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back