What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a moot point anyway the upcoming election wont be about Nuclear power , it will be about cost of living and with a forecast of two more rate rises before Christmas Albo is good as gone.
There are no policies I can envisage which can do **** all for cost of living.

“In my electorate, I’m 40 minutes from a capital city, my electorate which would be counted as outer-metropolitan or semi-rural … goes crazy if there is the suggestion of a 5G tower.”
And somehow he expects other electorates to accept a nuclear power plant in their neighbourhood. Bloke's making it up as he goes along.

FFS stop trolling.

Renewables are being built from private investments being backed by government revenue guarantees … subsidies… just like we are currently subsidising fossil fuels 57billion a year.

The nuclear plan, if you can call it a plan, is going to be funded 100% from tax payers… and tax payers are going to have to continue to subsidies the running cost, waste disposal etc….
The first paragraph is just a word salad. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
The second paragraph is just a guess as the plan has not been fully released.

The first paragraph is just a word salad. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Dutton has said it’s going to be state owned.
You are obviously intellectually challenged or being dishonest.

Bye.

A cunning plan, don't release any details so you can't be criticised.

Of course you also run the risk of looking like a bunch of rank amateurs when everyone points out why your proposal (it's not a policy until the details are released) is uneconomic, unviable, won't achieve the results you claim it will and is overall an absolutely idiotic thought bubble from a reckless and desperate organisation and their puppet masters in the mining industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll probably pick up some outer suburban cashed up bogan seats. That's what they seem to be pitching towards. It won't be enough to win government however.
The cashed up bogan electorates are the ones making the most noise about cost of living from my personal experience. Have to cut back on their annual trips to Bali or can't take a trip to Bathurst and it's Albo's fault.

The cashed up bogan electorates are the ones making the most noise about cost of living from my personal experience. Have to cut back on their annual trips to Bali or can't take a trip to Bathurst and it's Albo's fault.
It is probably as simple as they cannot get an instant asset write off and luxury car tax exemption on a brand new ute anymore.

Things were pretty sweet for the cashed up bogan when Scotty From marketing was giving them and their wife a free car and $60k of JobKeeper a year each.

It's pretty funny watching Dutton propose intervention in the supermarket market while also proposing a nationalisation of power generation assets.

Meanwhile Albanese is struggling to sell his "tax cuts will fix everything, and if not, there'll be an enquiry" approach.

It's like I'm in topsy-turvy world.

It's pretty funny watching Dutton propose intervention in the supermarket market while also proposing a nationalisation of power generation assets.

Meanwhile Albanese is struggling to sell his "tax cuts will fix everything, and if not, there'll be an enquiry" approach.

it’s chicanery. dutton will never take on big business. they are the reactionaries peeps.

There's absolutely no chance this will ever go ahead. More fantasy policy to con the electorate.

What interventions in the supermarket is Dutton proposing?

And I'm not an Albanese defender, but when has he said 'tax cuts will fix everything'?

There are no policies I can envisage which can do **** all for cost of living.
Plenty of solutions for the medium long term that revolve around boosting housing supply, removing red tape and incentivising productivity. But in the short term the only way now is to lower demand. I.e. increase interest rates and lower fiscal spending which comes with its obvious other drawbacks (i.e. higher unemployment and recession).

Terrible economic policy for the last thirty years has led us to this position. Both parties are to blame. Albanese could of done things better when he came to power to limit the current problems. He didnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back