What would you want from the Pies for Judd?

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG G PIEMAN

Debutant
Apr 11, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Eagles supporters. Commiserations on losing Judd. He is a champion (obviously) so that must suck.

Interested in your thoughts - If you were the Eagles' hierarchy, what would you accept from Collingwood in a deal? There are some ridiculous suggestions being thrown around on the pie Board (involving Ben Davies amongst others) and I wanted a realistic view from supporters of the club who has lost him.

Regardless of what we post in here we will be shot down.

Fact is, Judd is the best player in the competition, and trading a bunch of fringe players is not a fair trade. People scoff when names like Pendlebury, Fevola, Gumbleton, etc are thrown up. West Coast won't get a player of Judds quality back, but at the very least we want something fair.

Pick 14 & Davis won't cut it. Why would it? Not when picks 1-5 are being bandied about. Not in a draft reportedly so thin that anything outside the top 5 is just a flip of the coin.

You need to produce either a gun youngster and a 1st rd pick, or 2 top 10 draft picks, 1 top 5, and a sweetener.

Regardless of what we post in here we will be shot down.

You need to produce either a gun youngster and a 1st rd pick, or 2 top 10 draft picks, 1 top 5, and a sweetener.

yep that seems to be the consensus, with what the hierarchy aiming for is the 2 top 10 draft picks.

Hi Eagles supporters. Commiserations on losing Judd. He is a champion (obviously) so that must suck.

Interested in your thoughts - If you were the Eagles' hierarchy, what would you accept from Collingwood in a deal? There are some ridiculous suggestions being thrown around on the pie Board (involving Ben Davies amongst others) and I wanted a realistic view from supporters of the club who has lost him.

Last year when Tarrant requested to be traded to West Coast Collingwood wanted our 1st pick and one of our best young players

Based on that the Eagles hierachy will want a fair bit from Collingwood which will be the equivilent of two early draft picks i gather.

It will be tough for the Pies as the player of most interest would be Pendlebury who the Pies won't want to give up.

Leon Davis is definitely out of the equation

Both the Eagles and Dockers were offered him last year during trade period and both weren't interested (if the Dockers aren't interested in you, you know your in trouble) so i don't see why things would change a year on

Thomas over-rated HACK? You can't be serious, I am not a Magpie fan at all, all of my family barrack for Collingwood and so does my girlfriends family, I dislike Thomas with a passion.

However, I think the reason is, I am jealous how good he is. He is super quick, good user of the football and can do freakish things. However, can we stop floating his name and Pendlebury around, because:

1. These are untouchables.
2. Why do we want these kids? They are 19 year old boys who like being close to their family and friends, if we do somehow land one of these they are most likely to get home sick and come back in a few years anyway.

Bottom line is the pies really don't have anything to offer, otherwise they would most likely be favourites to get Chris Judd, he has signalled through his manager that this is his first preference - play at MCG most games, play in big games - ANZAC Day, good young team.

From the Eagles point of view its either Carlton or Essendon in the best position to deal with us.

Tarken Lockier is a WA lad but he seems like a pretty loyal player. He is the only WA player I'd be interested in as IMO we need a small backman / midfielder.

The Pies will also need to trade a good player for a lower first round pick. Your best bet here is Didak to Adelaide, they might get pick 5 from the Dogs with some complicated trade involving Brisbane so thats no certainty. So Didak to SA is no easy way to get a low 1st round pick as neither the Crows or Port currently hold a pick lower than 13:mad:.

So the Pies need to trade something to either Richmond, Carlton, Essendon, Freo or Melbourne to get a pick 2-7. This may need them to give up pick as well.

Even with a bottom 7 pick and Lockier this would be the steal of the century, unless you retain pick 14 you are going to struggle to come up with "the coin", a Russling or Davis MAY get you over the line but you've got your work cut out.

Given how arrogant the Carlton mob are with their "Tanking" pick a crazy part of me would laugh watching Judd in Pies colours tearing Carlton's throat out in the next 4-6 years.:rolleyes:

how about richmond offer you cogs, tambo and picks 18& 19.

or

pick 8 (we will obtain via a trade) + Jarrad oakley nicholas + pick 19 + 36

not to trade him to collingwood and let him slip through to the PSD - so collingwood can suck your fat one for stealing malthouse, mckenna and trying to screw yo over with a trade for tarrant & also beating you in the semi's.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles aren't in a position to demand picks or players. If you guys don't like the best offer, you will lose him for nothing.

Eagles won't get picks 1 and 3.

Remember these words, if Carlton pick up Judd the trade will be picks 3, 20 and Bower. If you're not happy with that, you will losing for nothing in the PSD.

Forget Didak he has trouble written all over him.
IMHO the only way I see Judd going to Collingwood is if 1 or 2 other clubs are involved in the deal. We need a forward and particulary a proven forward. Is Rusling a WA boy? if so he may come into the mix but he may be a little inexperienced.
Whatever happens I hope it happens soon, put us all out of our misery and get on with it.
Judd needs and wants surgery asap so his destined club has to be found very soon.

Why do all fellow Eagles keep mentioning names of players that aren't WA born. I think we have learnt our lesson the hard way that maybe home grown talent should be a high priority when discussing potential trades for Juddy.

Robbo is only looking at other options outside the dees because he wants a 3yr deal and the dees dont want to offer him one, only a 2yr contract. There is no way with him at 30 that we would offer him a 3yr contract and secondly, I think he would just quit if he was forced to move to the other side of the country.

The Eagles have a big edge in negotiations, or no leverage, depending on how this goes down, IMO.
If Judd gives the Eagles two or three clubs he is willing to go to, then advantage Eagles - there will be a bidding war. and the Eagles could end up with a high first round pick and a quality player.
If, on the other hand, he says he will only go to one club, the Eagles will not get value. The other club will have the advantage.
For instance, if he said he only wanted to go to Collingwood, the Eagles would be doing well if they got the Pie's first round pick and Davis or Medhurst.
It gets worse if he only wants to go to Carlton. If a deal can't be done, then he just has to sit and wait for the pre season draft, and the Eagles get nothing.
Keep in mind he says he wants to go to a contender, so the last thing he would want to see is that club give up so much that they cannot be competitive.
But there is a silver lining in all this. Even given the worst case scenerio, and Eagles get nothing, it will free up alot of cap room to give to their current list or other deals.

What about the following from the Dees?

1. Pick 4 and any player from our list YOU choose

2. Pick 4 and any two players from our list that both Clubs can agree on (obviously two lesser players than the one you choose)

3. Pick 4 and pick 2 or 5 if we can trade for them with Rich or the Dogs.

If any of the above happen it will probably result in McLean being traded (esp option 3) but we're getting Judd.

What about the following from the Dees?

1. Pick 4 and any player from our list YOU choose

2. Pick 4 and any two players from our list that both Clubs can agree on (obviously two lesser players than the one you choose)

3. Pick 4 and pick 2 or 5 if we can trade for them with Rich or the Dogs.

If any of the above happen it will probably result in McLean being traded (esp option 3) but we're getting Judd.

Go you good thing:)

Yep, if you can trade and get another first round pick <8 you are holding the winning ticket my friend.

Choosing any player we want only works if they want to come the the Eagles nest....this could be a problem

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you want from the Pies for Judd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back