What you did to deserve to be a Geelong supporter...

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon guys. It was one game of heartbreak. I know if you'd won you'd all think a premiership was a possibility, but realistically it was gonna be a hard road from 6th this year. Take heart in the fact that games like that can go either way, and it took a freaky tear by one player to beat you. Games like that are always heartbreaking, but Geelong have had their fair share of thrilling wins that have gutted other teams. Just go back to the 94 finals series when Geelong won two games after the siren.
Whether your team wins a flag in coming years, or they don't, just don't give up on them. I'm pretty impressed that Geelong is one of the few teams that has not completely bottomed out and relied on priority picks to get it back up the ladder. That team will be so much better for the experience and if they have any character, which I think they do, they have a bright future ahead of them.
Just do me one favour. Try and avoid making another grand finals against the Eagles... I have a feeling that it could swing your way if we meet on that stage again. ;)

jorel6669 said:
C'mon guys. It was one game of heartbreak. I know if you'd won you'd all think a premiership was a possibility, but realistically it was gonna be a hard road from 6th this year. Take heart in the fact that games like that can go either way, and it took a freaky tear by one player to beat you. Games like that are always heartbreaking, but Geelong have had their fair share of thrilling wins that have gutted other teams. Just go back to the 94 finals series when Geelong won two games after the siren.
Whether your team wins a flag in coming years, or they don't, just don't give up on them. I'm pretty impressed that Geelong is one of the few teams that has not completely bottomed out and relied on priority picks to get it back up the ladder. That team will be so much better for the experience and if they have any character, which I think they do, they have a bright future ahead of them.
Just do me one favour. Try and avoid making another grand finals against the Eagles... I have a feeling that it could swing your way if we meet on that stage again. ;)

True...but for me it will go down as the most heartbreaking loss to date. I could handle going down by a decent margin and Sydney being the best side on the night. But 3 points with no less than 5 seconds to go??? All you had to do was see Cam Mooney's face at the end of it to tell a story. The tears have only just come now from last night's loss. It's just sunk in how close we were after having an absolute die hard crack at it.

Here's to 2006 boys, the heart and passion we showed can only get stronger.

Sunday morning.

Still absolutely gutted.

Would usually be well and truly over it by now.

And what will make it worse is that i reckon Geelong will win the flag next year, and i will be overseas and wont get to see any of it. :(

I doubt we will ever win a flag, seemed to be totally jinxed and as brave and as desperate as they were they lost the game and a few of those players really need to take a good hard look at themselves beacuse its go to be a team effort not relying on mooney, Ling, Scarlett and co, it seems to me a few boys out there weren't as desperate as some of there fellow teamates.

Feel very sorry for Bomber as well, done a great job with that list and it as sad for him, only thing i would of changed it that i would of played Byrnes, we needed his pace late in the game and he is a perefect swap for Ricardi coming off the bence and giving us a spark, don't understand why he didnt play.

bring it on said:
told ex partner who is geelong fan that since your team hasn't won a grandfinal since 1963 the year i came into this world, they won't win again until i depart this world. sorry guys, only the good die young and i sure hell as tend be here for a hell of a long time. :D

GO POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this was posted before the Schmo-down game last night and it won't help the Cats fans much but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Moron.

hayden380 said:
I have been gutted once too many times by the GFC and for my own sanity I will not be renewing my membership next year. But then again I say this every year at about this time.

A small piece of advice for Jimmy Bartel. Before you sign your next contract, consider your motivations. If you are after more money, you won't get it at GFC because of our 'we pay everyone equally' pay system. Essendon or Collingwood are better suited to this purpose. If you are playing for team glory, you certainly won't get it at Geelong. I suggest you go to one of 15 other teams who will taste success before we do.

Hero. :rolleyes:

Cattas_21 said:
And what will make it worse is that i reckon Geelong will win the flag next year, and i will be overseas and wont get to see any of it. :(

My worries as well. I'm going to work in the USA for 2 years, so was kinda hoping we would do it this year, just for lil' old me. :(

skipper kelly said:
For most posters on BF, football is a part of our life. Sometimes we feel that we live and die by the success of our football team.

Last night your team showed character, a character that makes this game what it is. All Geelong, whether heartbroken or not should be proud of what happened last night. Even more proud that the players were such men and allowed their emotions to spill over. That proves they gave everything for their jumper.

This is my last finals series on this earth. I have cancer, I am dying and I will die. I was told by doctors I would not make it to christmas this year. I had no expectations of even being able to type now, September, but I still can. The ability to be able to function and use my arms is a blessing in itself. I am wheelchair bound and will never walk again. Im fighting my battle within.

I am blessed to be able to still watch the footy, sometimes even enjoy it.
Thank you for making a football game seem just like that again - a game. I drove to Sydney for the match and finished the night feeling hollow and empty. Now, I feel privileged to have been there and able to enjoy it thoroughly. All the very best to you, and I hope the finals bring you all the joy of this world.

VikingCat.

Cattas_21 said:
Sunday morning.

Still absolutely gutted.

Would usually be well and truly over it by now.

exactly the same problem I am facing although its now monday morning and I am still gutted.

I will be in the uk as of january next year so I will rely on you guys a hell of a lot on keeping me updated. I plan to fly back in the last week of september for the big one. we will win it next year, I have no doubt.

until then, all I'll do is lament on our opportunity lost this year. and we here this morning that st kilda's injury woes continue... bloody hell!!

it has been a pretty bull$h!t couple of days apart from when I have been drinking. sadly, work management won't let me drink today.

skipper kelly, all the best. I too hope the swannies can do it for ya.

Faith is an interesting thing. When we had Ablett, Couch, Brownless and Stoneham causing havoc to opposition teams in the early nineties, only to lose out in the big one four times in six years, we had faith that we would come back. When Ayres was running us into the ground with poor tactics and an incredibly poor list, we had faith that it would work itself out. And when Thompson took over the reigns and assured us that our lower draft picks of Chapman, Enright, Ling, Hunt and co. would become superstars, we had faith that he knew what he was talking about.
Now, after a gutsy game in Sydney where, after leading all night, we lost by three points, so many Geelong supporters are losing faith in the blue and white. Don't. Geelong showed a passion Friday night that we have not seen for years. A passion that when missing, drives Cats supporters to the brink of insanity, as we wonder what could have been. A passion that had Jarad Rooke mustering up 15 tackles on his opposition. A passion that drove Gary Ablett to fight on all night despite the tagging efforts of his Sydney opponent. A passion that saw Cameron Ling and Matthew Scarlett dominate their taller, stronger and more experienced Sydney foe. And a passion that drove possibly the greatest hardman in the league to tears at the final siren, as he struggled to continue after running all night. That passion is strong Cats supporters, and we need to rally behind our boys in the fight for the premiership cup in 2006.
Give Thompson Ottens, Wojcinski, N.Ablett, Enright and a fully fit list, and I have no doubt that he will give you a side that opposition teams will fear when they see that they are playing them in the next round.
Don't lose faith. The blue and white will be back, and sure as hell it will not take another ten years for it to happen.

I think bombers press conference about the ditching of "Mad Monday" was brilliant. When we came good last year I was always under the impression that not this year but the next two are when we are going to be a red hot chance for the flag.

If we can have a good run with injuries and stop dropping ******ed games like Freo, Collingwood, Dees @ SS, Dogs etc we WILL finish top 4 and give ourselves a much better chance at winning a GF. This group of players now has finals experience and pain in the finals under their belts. I really do think that next year is worth looking forward to. I’m sure most of the players feel the same.

I’m going to apply the same philosophy that I used last season....”at least we don't have to go through the pain of another grand final loss.” ….that would be truly heart-breaking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is. Might not feel like it right now but I'm sure that one day the Cats will be premiers again, and then the pain you've suffered as a true supporter will make victory all the more sweeter.
:thumbsu:

Well done Cats. I actually remembered making that post when watching the game. Hope I was right.

Remove this Banner Ad

What you did to deserve to be a Geelong supporter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back