Whatever the outcome next Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we as supporters really have no influence on what is going on in the players minds. What we might post here will have absolutely nothing to do with how the boys might be from a mental perspective. That is for the coaching staff to look after and try to reinforce the right message to ensure the players are switched on this Friday night and hopefully beyond that. And thank god for that because if the stuff we posted here had any influence, well I shudder to think.

I am very much a one week at a time supporter when it comes to (public) expectations. (In the privacy of my mind, a dangerous spot at any time, we have won so many GF's in so many different ways, it is not funny.)

So I work on the basis of "Get the job done each week, enjoy the outcome for a few minutes, then focus on the next task in hand."

I just wanted to post my thoughts at a time when I felt we have taken some very important steps, which should be acknowledged, in my view anyway.
i couldn't agree more with everything you have to say. This has been my first year of following North throughout the season. As a newbie I'd like to say that the improvement has been amazing. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that they started to look like a cohesive team. Whatever happens from here, they have been an absolute pleasure to watch and with all the new players coming through they are going to be unstoppable next season.

Yes definately a successful season getting to a Prelim, but we still dropped games we shouldn't have during the year & that will need to be addressed, we need to make top 4 to win a flag, the run will end this Friday. I'm a believer the way you finish a game is a sign for the following week, we faded badly in last 10mins and almost let Geelong 'steal' the game. Basically we have now set the bar, anything less than a top 4 finish and GF appearance in 2015 will be unacceptable.

This.

Whatever you do, don't adopt the Richmond mentality. Why can't you win the premiership this year?? No reason why not.

Remember the pressure is on Sydney, not you guys; and if you win this week, imagine the pressure on Hawthorn (likely to be Hawks over Port).

Sydney and Hawks have both won recent premierships, so the hunger may be like 99% instead of 100%, which is a big factor.

Terrific post.

i'd be more than happy for supporters of other teams to say we pinched the premiership. hawthorn kind of did in 08 (it was 08 wasn't it)? this week's the one, if we can get over this week, strangely i'd be fairly confident on granny day, i think we match up really well against either of the other two
Strange as it seems, I think we match up better on Sydney and Hawthorn than on Port. Port have some serious pace on the outside that seems to worry us more I think.

I think the way we've built our midfield, we've got the depth and maturity to match those of Sydney and Hawthorn. While they have the edge in class (arguably) and finals experience, I think if we bring our best work rate and intensity and get enough possession, to apply scoreboard pressure and to deprive them of the ball, I think we're a shot.

Obviously a lot of people don't give us any chance of winning this week and still don't rate us much (you know apparently we still haven't achieved anything :rolleyes:) so what are your thoughts on these facts alone as being an extra motivating factor to show 'em all? Also if Boomer doesn't play do you think in a funny kind of a way it'll also motivate the team to try even harder to get into the GF - not that they aren't all motivated already but just thinking all this stuff may work in our favour. What do you think?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever the outcome next Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back