What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

It's awesome as hell, but it should only be used in finals.

Anyone who was at that Pelim last year wouldn't be seeing it in a negative light. Players who were interviewed after the game said it sounded and felt like the stands were coming down.

Truly truly amazing when it all comes together.

It helped that there were 65-70K Collingwood supporters to 30-35K Geelong supporters.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

The infrequent Tigers' chants are quite hilarious too. To me it sounds like they've been castrated, 30 years ago.
Ahhh so you admit the Collingwood one is hilarious.

Love it!! I've loved it since the first time I heard it on the Victoria Park outer in 1979! Spine tingling! I like to believe it lifts the players. It wasn't only unleashed when we were winning but especially when the game was in the balance! I'd like to think it gave the players 1% extra to get over the line.

I don't mind it, better than FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You do realise your own team has done this type of chant in the past yeah?

And I disagree, it sounds awesome when we're 10-12 goals up in a Derby and I look foward to partaking when that time rolls around later this year :)

tl;dr- offended Eagles fan is offended :thumbsu:

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

Sounds stupid for clubs with 3 or more syllables in the name.

The chant is really great adds to the atmosphere @ a game like today's ANZAC game.

But what is it with Essendon supporters trying to outdo us by "BOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG" in response. Pretty pathetic. :thumbsdown:

To the Bombers fans come up with yr own chant, dont "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" other teams chants. You are better than that. That is something I would expect to hear coming of Carlton supporters, not Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The chant is really great adds to the atmosphere @ a game like today's ANZAC game.

But what is it with Essendon supporters trying to outdo us by "BOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG" in response. Pretty pathetic.

Come up with yr own chnat, dont "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" other teams chants

The booing drowned out the chant. Sounds like a success to me.

The booing drowned out the chant. Sounds like a success to me.

No it didn't. It just sounded stupid, like what are you booing for?? another bad decision by the ump, oh wait they are trying to drown out our chant.

It was lame.

But what is it with Essendon supporters trying to outdo us by "BOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG" in response. Pretty pathetic. :thumbsdown:

To the Bombers fans come up with yr own chant, dont "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" other teams chants. You are better than that. That is something I would expect to hear coming of Carlton supporters, not Essendon.

Yeah... how dare the fans get into the game? The nerve of Essendon supporters to start a duelling chant! It's almost like they were trying to enjoy themselves, completely uncalled for.

I still remember doing the Essendon chant 10 years ago just a Collingwood fans do it today, would hope for a close one later in the season, the idea of those two war cries going against each other makes me smile.

No it didn't. It just sounded stupid, like what are you booing for?? another bad decision by the ump, oh wait they are trying to drown out our chant.

It was lame.

I've really appreciated the gusto with which Collingwood supporters get into their chant, but if you're going to sook when it gets challenged I'd be less impressed.

It gets annoying if their thrashing a team but it was pretty scary when they chanted it against Geelong in the prelim last year

To the Bombers fans come up with yr own chant
lol..cause chanting out your team's name over and over is really inspired stuff. How did you ever come up with it? "Boooo" takes just as much forethought as "Collingwoood".

Actually, where I sat (which was majority Essendon) we did come up with our own chant 'We are Essendon, we are Essendon' based off of 'We are champions, we are champions'. Collingwood supporters nearby, amazed that a cheersquad could actually come up with a chant that doesn't just consist of saying their team's name as slowly as possible, decided to copy the chant whenever Collingwood kicked a goal. So yes, we do come up with our own chants, and we also don't copy other team's chants when we aren't able to come up with one ourselves because it might actually contain more than one word in it.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

The long slow Collingwood chant is eerie and spectacular in equal measure. It's got a thread like this because it's more powerful than anything done by other clubs. By a long way.

But you and your friends should stick with 'We are Essendon'. I'm sure it's going to be huge.

Also pretty handy if you forget who you support.

The long slow Collingwood chant is eerie and spectacular in equal measure. It's got a thread like this because it's more powerful than anything done by other clubs. By a long way.

But you and your friends should stick with 'We are Essendon'. I'm sure it's going to be huge.

Also pretty handy if you forget who you support.

I'd say the pure number of supporters chanting (because it is pretty clear that the Magpie army is well represented at all games) is more powerful than the chant itself. Not to mention the fact that we actually have other chants than simply "We are Essendon', just happens to be that is our main one.

Of course, you can just use the 'Haha they don't know their own team's name, herp derp' line to talk it down as much as you like, but the fact is we can come up with chants that use more words than just the team's name. Not to mention, as I previously said, we have multiple chants (shock horror :eek:).

Not to mention I already said your supporters stole the chant when we started using it, so by your logic, does that mean Collingwood supporters don't know who their team is either? I know they're not known the smartest bunch in the world, but surely :eek:

Nowhere near as naff as the trumpet player at Melbourne home games.:thumbsdown:

Haha the BOOOO was great today. The Collingwood Chant started up and Then the Booing came on and it was just as loud! Was great from an Essendon fans point of view :p

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back