What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

I enjoyed the fact the Essendon fans actually booed when the chant was going. There was a great atmosphere. Another good thing was they started to chant the old "Essendon *clap clap clap*" thing, which in turn the Collingwood supporters booed. Was good to have opposing chants and a real atmosphere at the game.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

I didn't hear the booing as I was up the Collingwood end, but good on them they can do whatever they want, it's all in fun.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .."

Haha the BOOOO was great today. The Collingwood Chant started up and Then the Booing came on and it was just as loud! Was great from an Essendon fans point of view :p
Was great from the netural's pov too. :thumbsu:

But what is it with Essendon supporters trying to outdo us by "BOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG" in response. Pretty pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Oh the irony.

[YOUTUBE]3P-nLzkdbPI[/YOUTUBE]

As a neutral at the game, it was an amazing sound when it started.
Equally amazing was when the booing started and that became as loud as the chant.
The collingwood chant soon stopped.

Re: What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwoooodd d... .." c

The more soccer style chants we can get into our game the better. Beats the hell out of <insert team> clap*clap*clap...

Loved the Essendon booing in response as well. :D

Excellent effort to get the chant up at an away game where we probably had 40% of the crowd to their 50% with 10% neutral.

Sounded awesome once again.

I think it was more like 50-50 in terms of crowd support Id say! 40,000 fans each with 9,000 neutrals. The Bottom 3 levels of the Great Southern Stand from M1 to M15 was nearly all essendon supporters except for bay's 4 and 5 I think where Collingwood members were sitting! Also the 2 bottom levels of the olympic stand were Essendon Spporters, Top level of Olympic Stand and Great southern stand where 50-50 While all of the Ponsford Stand was all Collingwood while 60% were Collingwood in the AFL member's and MCC looked 50-50!

But Id say it was easily one of the best atmospheres (My Top 5) I have ever been too! well done too both Collingwood and Essendon fans.

The more soccer style chants we can get into our game the better. Beats the hell out of <insert team> clap*clap*clap...

Loved the Essendon booing in response as well. :D

Soccer chants won't work in AFL. Less dead time in games, more scoring, more contests that spark crowd reaction. Would you continue chanting a soccer styled chant if one of your players made a great chase and tackle? Or took a pack mark? Or the umps missed a free to your team?

Soccer chants won't work in AFL. Less dead time in games, more scoring, more contests that spark crowd reaction. Would you continue chanting a soccer styled chant if one of your players made a great chase and tackle? Or took a pack mark? Or the umps missed a free to your team?
Soccer chants can work in AFL, Collingwood have proved it to an extent. Also there's plenty of dead time in most AFL games to take advantage of them, especially because most chants ain't that long. Make one up for a player and sing it after he kicks a goal etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it.

If you don't like it stand up and turn your back.

I bet the Collingwood supporters and players don't give a flying ****.

I wish my club had enough supPORTers to make that much noise.

And we had something to cheer about.

Except beating the hybrids.

Haha the BOOOO was great today. The Collingwood Chant started up and Then the Booing came on and it was just as loud! Was great from an Essendon fans point of view :p

I enjoyed the boos today too.

I love Coll v Ess games for this reason.

We outnumber all other clubs in terms of supporters, except for the Bombers. It's usually pretty even, and Essendon share our big club mentality.

I enjoy the banter and the atmosphere.

I think youll find that the only time the Collingwood fans used the chant was mainly after a goal is scored as there is a good 30-45 secs of dead time before the ball is bounced again which is plenty of time to get a decent chant going. I was at the game today and thought it was awesome to hear it live for the first time in a packed out stadium.

I have no problem with it. Sounds very menacing and I wish our team had the support and passion of Collingwood. I guess we'll have to settle for having brain cells instead.

To be honest I was down the end that was predominantly Collingwood and when the chant was on I couldn't even hear the booing. I didn't realise it had happened until I read this thread.

To be honest I was down the end that was predominantly Collingwood and when the chant was on I couldn't even hear the booing. I didn't realise it had happened until I read this thread.

From the wing the chant and the boo cancelled each other out.

I have no problem with it. Sounds very menacing and I wish our team had the support and passion of Collingwood. I guess we'll have to settle for having brain cells instead.

haha:thumbsu:

makes me feel sick

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone think of that "Collllllinnnnnggggwoooood....colllllllliinnnngggwooooddd... .." chant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back