What's going on with Carlton's list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually some twat posted it on bigfooty

You're playing the man here not the ball. Take your abuse to the club forums.

The latest polls conclude that Carlton fans believe there is not a crisis of youth. Furthermore they believe that the reason "forwardflanker" argues there is, is because Carlton actually loves recruiting "halfbackflanker"s, and it's easy to see why you would believe there is a crisis based on your nominated position when the club doesn't recruit players for it.

I think that ties up the loose ends.

What is with this Collingwood infatuation of Carltons list,they are absolutely terrified that their former coach and i repeat former will take the Blues to Success.I seriously think it is time to Build a Bridge and concentrate on the obvious failings of the Pies Dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post. It's interesting you mention recruiting strategy because Essendon took a very different approach by focussing primarily on recruiting quality tall players. It certainly appears to have paid off and Essendon are in a significantly better position for the future in spite of not having the same access to high draft picks.

This is all very productive imo. It certainly seems that most people in here agree with my op that the Carlton risk is in a state of crisis. Only time will tell how deep the rot has set

Oh really? What makes you say that?

- The fact that they have an incredibly shallow midfield rotation which goes to complete crap without Watson playing?
- The fact that they have finished below us on the ladder for 5 years?
- The fact that their conditioning staff are arguably the worst in the competition?
- The fact that Essendon's highly rated KPP players have stagnated significantly over the last two years?

Wouldn't trade Carlton's list for Essendon's even with a gun to my head.

Sarcasm's all an obvious troll deserves.

The question that really needs answering is why are there Collingwood premiership players who can't wait to get out of the place. Maybe its not just Swanny that can't stand the sight of Figjam.

Mick did a pre recorded video as he had a pre arranged commitment which Carlton knew about. You collingwood supporters are reading too much in to it.

I think you will find Mick has a lot of pre-arranged commitments over the next 3 years... largely funded by his Carlton pension.

- The fact that they have an incredibly shallow midfield rotation which goes to complete crap without Watson playing?
- The fact that they have finished below us on the ladder for 5 years?
- The fact that their conditioning staff are arguably the worst in the competition?
- The fact that Essendon's highly rated KPP players have stagnated significantly over the last two years?

lolz yes you would

He missed 6 games

It seemed like more than that. Perhaps it seemed longer because his absence corresponded with a rought patch of form for the team. He is almost a one-man argument debunking this thread.

- The fact that they have an incredibly shallow midfield rotation which goes to complete crap without Watson playing? Fragile, but not that bad.
- The fact that they have finished below us on the ladder for 5 years? True, but you're responding to a post that says EFC will be in a better future position.
- The fact that their conditioning staff are arguably the worst in the competition? This year, certainly.
- The fact that Essendon's highly rated KPP players have stagnated significantly over the last two years? Injuries, mostly.

The fact is, your window is earlier than ours by at least 2-3 seasons, so no-one should be comparing lists in this way. EFC list has greater upside than CFC, but your current output is/should be higher.

The fact is, your window is earlier than ours by at least 2-3 seasons, so no-one should be comparing lists in this way. EFC list has greater upside than CFC, but your current output is/should be higher.

Their output is too judd/murphy reliant. absolutely mauling collingwood and essendon (once a year) and other than that their output is ridiculously poor for the team that Carlton folk build them up to be.

A top 8 team would not lose comfortably to port adelaide and gold coast in the same season.

Their output is too judd/murphy reliant. absolutely mauling collingwood and essendon (once a year) and other than that their output is ridiculously poor for the team that Carlton folk build them up to be.

A top 8 team would not lose comfortably to port adelaide and gold coast in the same season.

Even good teams can cop shock losses a couple of times a year, but the reality is CFC is apparently lacking in the 22-25 category. More than that, though, is the overall quality of depth on their list. This is the secondary concern, behind the major issues of durable key position players. They've suffered heavily from the lack of consistency/matches from Thornton and Waite, to name but a couple.

Essendon and Carlton have been in their rebuild cycle during the same period: 2005 onwards. Before that you were still playing finals with many 2000 players running around and we were in the Pagan phase of topping up to avoid insolvency. Considering we have been in the same cycle for 7 years now I think finishing above you for 5 of those years is pretty relevant in determining future output.

Our 2012 season was complete crap due to injuries and bad form. Our 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 season were very much around the mark of where we should have been. Essendon has been slaughtered in their finals appearances during those seasons, ones they only limped into.

It seems "upside" on this website correlates to "might be good, but we have very little evidence to suggest that will ever happen".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back