What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing bombers reserves and training with the whole squad, is good an bad. good that you learn about what type of player you are, where an what you can improve to get better, an you develop your skills an body. but its bad mentally, going from ground to ground gettin flogged each week, with the worst game plan-- flood the backline after the other team kicks 4 goals in tthe first 15 mins. waking up early as in the morning, an thinking each time, i cbf playing cos its so far away, just to get flogged. an with training so many nights a week, it doesnt leave much to your personal life.

some of those Bombers Reserves kids wouldn't even get a look in at your South's Eaglehawks Square & Gisbornes.

I can recall some making themselves available to play for square only to run around in there ressies aswell.

The depth at the Good BFL clubs are far better than the Bombers Reserves.

i agree not all would play. but is some of them playing twos not to upset or an unwillingness to play them due to lack of training. with the club which 4 eaglehawk and the teams going for flags why would u play em if they aint going to be in finals but if they were 6th trying to get in finals im sure they would be or be asking some of there players back

depth is better cos the bombers are all kids.
i agree it promotes self confindence in the fact just cos they have made the list but infact ask anyone who has played it aint hard to be on the list of a vfl club

i agree not all would play. but is some of them playing twos not to upset or an unwillingness to play them due to lack of training. with the club which 4 eaglehawk and the teams going for flags why would u play em if they aint going to be in finals but if they were 6th trying to get in finals im sure they would be or be asking some of there players back

depth is better cos the bombers are all kids.
i agree it promotes self confindence in the fact just cos they have made the list but infact ask anyone who has played it aint hard to be on the list of a vfl club

I personally think the Bombers 2's (and VFL 2's league) is a waste of time and rob other leagues of player numbers. Some players will do ok and maybe get to play in the Bombers 1's, but most are just making up the numbers.

I think that players would develop better playing in a strong league like GV, O&M, Geelong etc rather than playing VFL 2's. They play against quality players, many of them ex AFL players.

Everyone probably knows by now that Loch is off to Peelthunder in the WAFL with the possibilty that Robbins and maybe Milward also will join him at Peel plus with Gretrix apparently signing at Charlton the other night Eaglehawke will drop back to the pack abit next season along with Gisbourne loosing a few also, it looks to be a faily even comp next year even at this early stage.

Everyone probably knows by now that Loch is off to Peelthunder in the WAFL with the possibilty that Robbins and maybe Milward also will join him at Peel plus with Gretrix apparently signing at Charlton the other night Eaglehawke will drop back to the pack abit next season along with Gisbourne loosing a few also, it looks to be a faily even comp next year even at this early stage.
just quietly the strath might actually suprise a few next season hearing good reports will win a few games but wont finish bottom will be a few years off being really competitive but will be good to watch them against the likes of Kyneton,Flat etc. some good recruiting from some metro leagues looks promising.. exiting year of 09 footy ahead some even encounters ahead of us..............

learn how to spell mate haha

just quietly the strath might actually suprise a few next season hearing good reports will win a few games but wont finish bottom will be a few years off being really competitive but will be good to watch them against the likes of Kyneton,Flat etc. some good recruiting from some metro leagues looks promising.. exiting year of 09 footy ahead some even encounters ahead of us..............

You are Kidding yourself Earthworm, a few thirds players and fringe senior players from other BFL clubs are not going to make you competitive even if you do get the odd decent player from metro leagues. Will tell you know that you will not come within 20 goals of Flat.

You are Kidding yourself Earthworm, a few thirds players and fringe senior players from other BFL clubs are not going to make you competitive even if you do get the odd decent player from metro leagues. Will tell you know that you will not come within 20 goals of Flat.

Let him be optimistic mate, their all excited out there cos of their new clubbies and ground etc... cant see no light towers up yet maybe strath will be that good the can train in the dark! use the force luke!!

The seniors might be half competitve but im worried about the reserves, how bad are they gunna be?

Earthworm I dont think you can add flat to that because of there latest signings and more to come. Robins has signed with Peel, Luke Hartley is leaving Eaglehawk also so be interesting to see how they come up exspecially if Milward leaves as well on top of Lock

Earthworm I dont think you can add flat to that because of there latest signings and more to come. Robins has signed with Peel, Luke Hartley is leaving Eaglehawk also so be interesting to see how they come up exspecially if Milward leaves as well on top of Lock
is that u mr lobb

I personally think the Bombers 2's (and VFL 2's league) is a waste of time and rob other leagues of player numbers. Some players will do ok and maybe get to play in the Bombers 1's, but most are just making up the numbers.

I think that players would develop better playing in a strong league like GV, O&M, Geelong etc rather than playing VFL 2's. They play against quality players, many of them ex AFL players.

where do you reckon the sam mitchells an jarrod atkinsons, lovett murrays, andrew lovetts, brad sewells, kurt mcglynns, matthew boyd, dale morris, ben hudsons, played before they played afl. thats right the all started in vfl 2s, then went up to the ones, then got picked up by afl clubs. now they are all playing afl at the most elite level of football in australia.

where do you reckon the sam mitchells an jarrod atkinsons, lovett murrays, andrew lovetts, brad sewells, kurt mcglynns, matthew boyd, dale morris, ben hudsons, played before they played afl. thats right the all started in vfl 2s, then went up to the ones, then got picked up by afl clubs. now they are all playing afl at the most elite level of football in australia.

highlighted above were rookies to AFL clubs. O ther players started in VFL and became rookies following year and progresssed to senior AFL list.
May have played 2nds but clubs knew they could play. VERY unlikely avenue to be drafted when they draft approx 83 a year and you can name this many. I can name as many players that were drafted straight out of metro or country leagues. Still a VERY unlikely avenue to be drafted.

you may be right.. we'll see i guess. still dont reckon they will finish bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

highlighted above were rookies to AFL clubs. O ther players started in VFL and became rookies following year and progresssed to senior AFL list.
May have played 2nds but clubs knew they could play. VERY unlikely avenue to be drafted when they draft approx 83 a year and you can name this many. I can name as many players that were drafted straight out of metro or country leagues. Still a VERY unlikely avenue to be drafted.
sam mitchell played for box hill 2s, then ones then got rookied. then got promoted. an is now el capitano.

Let him be optimistic mate, their all excited out there cos of their new clubbies and ground etc... cant see no light towers up yet maybe strath will be that good the can train in the dark! use the force luke!!

The seniors might be half competitve but im worried about the reserves, how bad are they gunna be?

Mitiamo veteran ruckman Tim Wicks is believed to have committed to play with the Strathfieldsaye Storm for season 2009. Wicks had been approached by HDFL club North Bendigo although after negotiations the Harding Medalist informed the Bulldogs that it would be the Storm where he will continue his football career.

Mitiamo veteran ruckman Tim Wicks is believed to have committed to play with the Strathfieldsaye Storm for season 2009. Wicks had been approached by HDFL club North Bendigo although after negotiations the Harding Medalist informed the Bulldogs that it would be the Storm where he will continue his football career.

just wondering whether storm is all talk no players? only heard of coach wits wats the go do they have players? or not announcing cos there not worth it ?

also storm wont come with 20 goals of e/hawk flat gs south even 10 goals of maryborough.

1 player doesnt equal a team although wits is a fantastic player he aint going to win the game off his own back.

just wondering whether storm is all talk no players? only heard of coach wits wats the go do they have players? or not announcing cos there not worth it ?

also storm wont come with 20 goals of e/hawk flat gs south even 10 goals of maryborough.

1 player doesnt equal a team although wits is a fantastic player he aint going to win the game off his own back.

every one is just worried coz strath will be the power houses of the competition in 10 years time. They have the best junior base in bendigo and with strathfieldsaye community enterprises on their back will never be short of cash. South and sandhurst will go bust because they dont have their own ground which is why they wanted to relocate. doesnt matter if strath only win 2 games in their first coz its all about building for the sustainability of the club

every one is just worried coz strath will be the power houses of the competition in 10 years time. They have the best junior base in bendigo and with strathfieldsaye community enterprises on their back will never be short of cash. South and sandhurst will go bust because they dont have their own ground which is why they wanted to relocate. doesnt matter if strath only win 2 games in their first coz its all about building for the sustainability of the club

Sounds like the same 10 year plan for the Essendon Football Club.:rolleyes:

agree...good call!!!!!!!!!

Kookas, get real mate. The cash from the enterprise is not for the wallets of footballers. That is there to develop community projects. Agreed they will be able to spend up on the best facilities, not on player payments.

has the storm confirmed all coaches for there new season??? If so who are they?

Coaches confirmed so far at the Storm are:

Seniors - Clint Whitsed
Reserves - Have appointed one, TBA
U/18's - Paul Hingston

I believe that there are 28 senior players who have signed to date with the Storm. Not sure of names.

Storm have a meet the coaches day next Sunday 23rd November at the Strath Complex from noon for any interested players.

Coaches confirmed so far at the Storm are:

Seniors - Clint Whitsed
Reserves - Have appointed one, TBA
U/18's - Paul Hingston

I believe that there are 28 senior players who have signed to date with the Storm. Not sure of names.

Storm have a meet the coaches day next Sunday 23rd November at the Strath Complex from noon for any interested players.

Haha!! That's funny!! 28 players signed and you don't know one name??? Either there aren't 28 players or there are and you are too embarassed to name them. Which is it? What are you hiding from?

I would say Eagleahawk has got a fair junior base better than strathfiledsayes and Flats is pretty good too. Your community enterprise you are mouthing off about if you knew something about it you would know that you can only spend cash on infrastructure mate not inject directly in to the clubs. Dont forget strathfieldsayes ground were just flood plains 100 years ago most of the other BFL clubs grounds were still footy grounds 100 years ago. I think the other BFL clubs know what they are doing. Why don't you just concentrate on getting through one year in the BFL before you mouth off about being a powerhouse in the BFL.

I would say Eagleahawk has got a fair junior base better than strathfiledsayes and Flats is pretty good too. Your community enterprise you are mouthing off about if you knew something about it you would know that you can only spend cash on infrastructure mate not inject directly in to the clubs. Dont forget strathfieldsayes ground were just flood plains 100 years ago most of the other BFL clubs grounds were still footy grounds 100 years ago. I think the other BFL clubs know what they are doing. Why don't you just concentrate on getting through one year in the BFL before you mouth off about being a powerhouse in the BFL.

Am I hearing you right, that you need to have had 100 years of experience behind you as a club before you can be successful?!:confused:
HOLY CRAP!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back