What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it seemed like a good turn out concidering it was at 11.am on a public holiday, possably a few more should've made an appearance but AT THE END OF THE DAY it was a fairly solid session and the standard except sharpy was good in windy conditions.

Something was going on with the Anderson brothers cos Clayton was wearing his girlfriends t-shirt and Dillion did'nt wear one at all!

dillon not wearing a t-shirt, that would have put the fear of god into the opposition.

Disagree. AFL Is sanitised crap,i'd say die hard football fans are starting to get disenchanted with watching this garbage and would rather go to their respective local leagues to watch a good old fashioned hard fought game which can only be for local footy.

thoughts?

I'm agreeing with you again Maximus. I get all pumped up over the summer waiting for the footy to start on t.v, then 5 minutes into watching the first game i'm checking the guide to see if there is anything else on to watch. SBS have been letting me down of late so i've always ended up watching the footy, but don't get me wrong if there was anything else better on i'd be changing channels quicker than KA does boyfriends.

Is the VCFL finally going to play by the same rules as the AFL does? I don't know any other sporting code that has different rules for their country leagues to their top league. Last year they introduced the kicking out rule, where you could kick before the goal ump waved his flag. Yet this wasn't the rule in the VCFL run comps. All leagues should have the same rules.

It appears that the VCFL are set to bring in the kick out rule but clubs cannot put balls behind the goals. So, really no change at all by the time the ball is retrieved from the crowd.

The front on head high contact is prohibited (Amazing I thought it always was) and do we really want our local umpires to give the tiggy touch hands in the back.

As Max says, We see some good high marks and good solid hip and shoulders at the local level and this is proving more exciting than the glorified keepings off we are watching on TV. I am surprised the local leagues haven't tried to market themselves on this basis "Come and see the Real Thing - Local Football"

Disagree. AFL Is sanitised crap,i'd say die hard football fans are starting to get disenchanted with watching this garbage and would rather go to their respective local leagues to watch a good old fashioned hard fought game which can only be for local footy.

thoughts?

Can't disagree that the AFL is becoming sanitised crap, i just think it is ridiculous that we are playing the same code yet the rules are completely different. The push in the back rule is sh*t, as is many others, but the lack of consistency with the rules for the sport in different leagues is ridiculous. You don't see soccer, rugby or cricket doing the same.

i agree bunnsy --- to jjf mr morris used to sit in the back of the qeo box from what i hve been told
very occasionally he would be asked his opinion
b4 they went to a break i unnerstand
didnt call any games, how could he, as blind from birth
word is the sat brekkie footy show will be more of an early lunchtime show as bfl panel will go to air much later in 07
also seems likely jjf will be calld on to do his boundary rider stuff this season too

i agree bunnsy --- to jjf mr morris used to sit in the back of the qeo box from what i hve been told
very occasionally he would be asked his opinion
b4 they went to a break i unnerstand
didnt call any games, how could he, as blind from birth
word is the sat brekkie footy show will be more of an early lunchtime show as bfl panel will go to air much later in 07
also seems likely jjf will be calld on to do his boundary rider stuff this season too
We'll all be looking forward to that !!!

The Tibbinator understands that D Brown has put ink to paper with Eaglehawk FC.
The Tibbinator believes this rumor is so fresh that the ink is still drying.

The Tibbnator loves rumors........

thoughts?

Agree Max... They're trying to turn AFL into a game of touch footy. My interest in the AFL this year will be in the Herald Sun Supercoach!!!

YERRSSS, BillyBoy and Bomba. The BFL lightning premiership will be staged at Maryborough's Princes Park on Sat. April 21.
It's an all-day format and the original scheme was to use the oval adjacent to PP, used by the MCDFL, so the roster of matches could be worked through.
Whether that oval is still right to go, I'm not sure. But they're playing the 2007 Maryboro nite series at PP right now so its surface is OK.
:D Goatee --- the radio boys had the news about the late start to the MCDFL season on last nite. :D
Also the deal about the last 3 rounds of the season being dropped so that the finals could commence, as programmed per the original draw.

Will beat Burra and North City. Not sure if they can beat anyone else but time will tell.
Surely they will roll a few quality sides with the ins they have in the tow zantucks, and rombotis and warry. If they can keep dahl and brown there is the best ruck combo in the league changing in the forward pocket, plus if they can keep thatcher that foward line line suddnely looks very potent, with the two zantucks brown and dahl there, with thatcher and warry spending some time therecould be a bolter to make the five

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yoikes! Scooby has just eaten all of the Scooby Snacks.He is now saying that both Zantuck boys and other recruits will be at Flat training tonight providing Ty is over his bout of illness.Here is today's brain teaser for all of you BFL bandits:What do Matthew Robbins (Western Bulldogs) & Matthew Richardson (Richmond) have in common? - despite the obvious.

YERRSSS, BillyBoy and Bomba. The BFL lightning premiership will be staged at Maryborough's Princes Park on Sat. April 21.
It's an all-day format and the original scheme was to use the oval adjacent to PP, used by the MCDFL, so the roster of matches could be worked through.
Whether that oval is still right to go, I'm not sure. But they're playing the 2007 Maryboro nite series at PP right now so its surface is OK.
:D Goatee --- the radio boys had the news about the late start to the MCDFL season on last nite. :D
Also the deal about the last 3 rounds of the season being dropped so that the finals could commence, as programmed per the original draw.

I believe I heard it on 3BO early on Wednesday morning.

Heard a story today about some big time infighting at Kyneton , bit of a dust up between some senior player's , not a good sign at this time of year . Seeing though jjf is best mate's with the captain he should have his finger right on the pulse here.

pull your head in jock.

Yoikes! Scooby has just eaten all of the Scooby Snacks.He is now saying that both Zantuck boys and other recruits will be at Flat training tonight providing Ty is over his bout of illness.Here is today's brain teaser for all of you BFL bandits:What do Matthew Robbins (Western Bulldogs) & Matthew Richardson (Richmond) have in common? - despite the obvious.
will they both be attending a kangaroo flat function??

Heard a story today about some big time infighting at Kyneton , bit of a dust up between some senior player's , not a good sign at this time of year . Seeing though jjf is best mate's with the captain he should have his finger right on the pulse here.

i'll confirm or deny this bb if you confirm or deny a story that involved one of your star players, a small donation and a homeless chick after a recent 21st birthday celebration in Melbourne.

Good to hear that "The HAMMER Dahl is finally cleared to play for the Square after the tribunal hearing last night.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, if player has no debt or contractual obligations to a club then they should be cleared to where ever they intend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back