What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyneton has lots of work to do, they were beaten by Whittlesea in a praccy (at home) last week and didnt have many missing i'm told.

I believe Riddells Creek beat Whittlesea a couple of weeks ago.

If they can't beat Whittlesea they'll be in some strife in the BFL this season.

The top six sides in the second division of the Diamond Valley are about the same as the RDFL's top five.

Kyneton has lots of work to do, they were beaten by Whittlesea in a praccy (at home) last week and didnt have many missing i'm told.

I believe Riddells Creek beat Whittlesea a couple of weeks ago.

had alook at the game last week the tigers full strength except for cook played a few young kids. i did nt know but maybe first run they have to get used to each other. former twos player nolte looked fit and did kick a huge barrel goal from just outside the 50. (a big effort for those old little legs).

If they can't beat Whittlesea they'll be in some strife in the BFL this season.

The top six sides in the second division of the Diamond Valley are about the same as the RDFL's top five.

Matt Nicholls your old boss Mr Gunn may have taught you to give it to the tiges but Mr Gunn has recently been to a trivia night at the club and put in a very nice artical about the club trying to get the boat going the right way which was appreciated.

I agree they might struggle at times in the BFL but they will be more than competive with most sides which is all we can ask for. as for your remark about the RDFL s top five i think you would find the tiges easily despose of all them with no disregard to any of them.

B y the way where will your name be appearing in the best players this year? Are you backing a winner because i know Mr Gunn is on a roll.
Thank you

never even in my life seen that name, im gathering he would be a seconds player if he not rated in my memory of good players. our 2's will win the 07 flag, they look better than we ever had befor! player to whatch for in 07 darren walsh of square for the league medle!

I agree on Darren Walsh Gisman!
My tip is Square to win the flag but unfortunately not get to play a home game!
GO SQUARE!!

Matt Nicholls your old boss Mr Gunn may have taught you to give it to the tiges but Mr Gunn has recently been to a trivia night at the club and put in a very nice artical about the club trying to get the boat going the right way which was appreciated.

I agree they might struggle at times in the BFL but they will be more than competive with most sides which is all we can ask for. as for your remark about the RDFL s top five i think you would find the tiges easily despose of all them with no disregard to any of them.

B y the way where will your name be appearing in the best players this year? Are you backing a winner because i know Mr Gunn is on a roll.
Thank you

I know Kyneton is on the comeback trail, which is good! Last year they would have had a good clash with Riddell. But this year they look to have improved a lot.

By the way, I am impartial to other influences when it comes to forming an opinion. I like the Kyneton Footy Club, just not a couple of people within it. But it didn't change the way I saw the Tigers' footy games and write about them.

My name, if it does appear in the best players, will be at Lancefield this year. Although I'll probably struggle to play in away games that take me too far away from my afternoon work.

I know Kyneton is on the comeback trail, which is good! Last year they would have had a good clash with Riddell. But this year they look to have improved a lot.

By the way, I am impartial to other influences when it comes to forming an opinion. I like the Kyneton Footy Club, just not a couple of people within it. But it didn't change the way I saw the Tigers' footy games and write about them.

My name, if it does appear in the best players, will be at Lancefield this year. Although I'll probably struggle to play in away games that take me too far away from my afternoon work.

You don't like the Kyneton lads do you Matthew! How old is Don by the way???

Went and saw the Lightning Premiership today. Weather was a shame but good for the grounds. Didn't hang around for the final but the Gisborne v Square game was easily the most entertaining for the day. Gisborne were the better side and I felt that Square struggled for an avenue to goal at times. Not sure who was out for both teams.

K/Flat were woeful. I assume they had a number of senior players out as they looked very young. Maryborough will be very young this season and will struggle. North City looked great in their first game before resting senior players for the rest of the day. I would expect them to improve.

Eaglehawk were the other side that looked impressive. They have many options up forward and they are very well coached. Disciplined open forward line and their run out of the backline was great considering the conditions.

Who ended up playing off in the final and winning?

Had the pleasure of speaking to some flat players told me coach left early after the event and some players were pissed off not a good start Also got told ty zantuck trained last week looks unfit did couple laps and that was it big dollars for little work or is that what its like down there now its easy street cause your ex Afl

Get used to it rombotis never stays always reckons gotta be somewhere.All you will see is the dust in the car park when final siren goes.

heard that kyneton were meant to play of in the finals but had been told they couldnt make it, so they jumped on the bus and took off home, so south nd sandhurst played off after some rejigging of percentages. any truth??
also does anyone knoe how south coach rick coburn ended up??? heard he knocked himself out a ripper

GEEZ, Andy. Some of that stuff needs some explanation.
The Eaglehawk Burra Boys won all three of their games so had a spot pretty securely booked in the grannie.
Hurst lost to M'boro in their 3rd game 4.2 to 6.5 after winning the closest game of the 15 round matches --- Hurst 6.5 to Gissie 6.1.

Here's the rundown of three clubs' results ---

Eaglehawk: def. Square 12.7 to 2.2; def. Maine 12.4 to 1.0; def. North City 10.2 to 4.2.
South: lost to S'hurst 3.6 to 5.3; def. Square 6.5 to 4.1 (Square's 4.1 came in the 2nd half -- they had zilcho on the board, 1st half); def. Kyneton 8.2 to 2.5.
Kyneton: def. M'boro 8.4 to 2.3; def the Flat 4.12 to 0.2; lost to South 2.5 to 8.2.

Grand final: E'haw 5.4 (34) def. South 4.2 (26).
Incidentally Josh McLeod (not McLoud) booted a handy 2nd half goal for South. The Bloods 1st goal came after the half-time siren when Big Johnnie marked at CHF on the siren. The gap was only 2 points when Hawks' Matt Monahan booted the sealer at the city end. Ricky Coburn didn't come off on the stretcher, 2nd half, but looked groggy as he limped off.

North City looked OK. Beat the Flat 6.6 to 1.2 and only lost by 14 points to Maryborough: 6.2 to 8.4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a very entertaining biffo, L Saunders got a cheap bump on D Anderson and it started from there, Ryan Curtis a new bloke for the square was not afraid to throw his weight around. Will be a good addition to the team:thumbsu:

I spoke to a south bloke y/day and he said that south were'nt aware they made they granny, every one had showered and some players had left then next minute they to gather a side together with what was left and front up for another game.
Most payers opinion seem to think it's a waste of time , maybe the league should ask the people who play not the people who wan't to go watch.

Went and saw the Lightning Premiership today. Weather was a shame but good for the grounds. Didn't hang around for the final but the Gisborne v Square game was easily the most entertaining for the day. Gisborne were the better side and I felt that Square struggled for an avenue to goal at times. Not sure who was out for both teams.

K/Flat were woeful. I assume they had a number of senior players out as they looked very young. Maryborough will be very young this season and will struggle. North City looked great in their first game before resting senior players for the rest of the day. I would expect them to improve.

Eaglehawk were the other side that looked impressive. They have many options up forward and they are very well coached. Disciplined open forward line and their run out of the backline was great considering the conditions.

Who ended up playing off in the final and winning?

KingRich,

Did you watch all the Maryborough games? If so were there any good players or positives to look for this season?

The Tibbinator understands that Eaglehawk's senior coach was involved in a late night fracas at the Universal on saturday night. It took several esteemed bouncers to restrain the great man...........
did anyone see this?

The Tibbinator hears rumors

KingRich,

Did you watch all the Maryborough games? If so were there any good players or positives to look for this season?

I saw the two that were played on Princes Park. The first against Kyneton they played their reserves and under 18s by the looks of it and were reasonably competitive in a sloppy game. I didn't know too many players so no one really stood out for me.

Second game was against North City and they acquitted themselves quite well. Cassidy presented well up forward. Young Josh Malone surprised me in the ruck. Never seen him play and while he didn't get much of it around the ground his ruckword was very good. I think it was young Dylan Clarkson??? correct me if I'm wrong but he played up forward and looked very good, probably the pick of the youngsters on the day. The usual suspects of Aston, Malone etc were very good but I just dont think they have the experience and talent across the board to challenge many sides. Hopefully they can remain competitive as they rebuild and challenge the lower sides such as North and Flat.

I spoke to a south bloke y/day and he said that south were'nt aware they made they granny, every one had showered and some players had left then next minute they to gather a side together with what was left and front up for another game.

Think thats pretty close to the mark pinnacle, apparently it was actually kyneton who were supposed to be in the grand final, but they had already left and were about 4 cans down when notified. South were preparing to go and as the next best team were asked to play. several players had already downed some of the colonels finest chicken before having to pull on the boots once more. Though from what was said at the time only leigh rees failed to return on time (must have left early). Does anyone else know of any notable players missing? Don't know if many other boys will be able to shed much light on the situation as i think there were approx. only 20 people there who were watching!

Think thats pretty close to the mark pinnacle, apparently it was actually kyneton who were supposed to be in the grand final, but they had already left and were about 4 cans down when notified. South were preparing to go and as the next best team were asked to play. several players had already downed some of the colonels finest chicken before having to pull on the boots once more. Though from what was said at the time only leigh rees failed to return on time (must have left early). Does anyone else know of any notable players missing? Don't know if many other boys will be able to shed much light on the situation as i think there were approx. only 20 people there who were watching!

Could someone actually completely fill me in on what happend to the kyneton side

Could someone actually completely fill me in on what happend to the kyneton side

Yea i could.
Even though teams were undefeated they were in the same pool. This is why Kyneton made it through. Im not quite sure what happened witht them leaving early without them clarifying whether or not they did make the grand final.
Although Kyneton should've played off in the grand final, they played some sides that had basically their reserves in. Kyneton in for another long year.

Yea i could.
Even though teams were undefeated they were in the same pool. This is why Kyneton made it through. Im not quite sure what happened witht them leaving early without them clarifying whether or not they did make the grand final.
Although Kyneton should've played off in the grand final, they played some sides that had basically their reserves in. Kyneton in for another long year.

Any chance of you making your mind up about Kynetons immediate future Bolger?:confused:

The Tibbinator understands that Eaglehawk's senior coach was involved in a late night fracas at the Universal on saturday night. It took several esteemed bouncers to restrain the great man...........
did anyone see this?
If this rumour is true thats not good for the mighty burra. they are already known for there off filed bad behaviour the great man being 40 soon sjould be home in bed

Kyenton are shit so are kangaroo flat wouldnt even beat a good loddon valley side. gisbourne are a power house, how about some team put there hand up and challenge them they laugh when they come to bendigo its a wallk in the park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back