What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His brother was a front runner and didn't do much.

Rombotis started on the bench, before playing limited roles in the midfield and forward line. Will be okay for the Roos this year.

So long as they are more competitive it will make it more interesting which will be good.

Thanks for the info:thumbsu:

NORFOLK --- to give Trent Zantuck his due, he was suffering from a bit of a groin strain so wasn't 100 per cent.
Ty Zantuck took a bit of a run on the ball in the 3rd and was very handy. Marty Warry was extremely ordinary and looks like he could lose a fair bit of pudden.
Caveman will be devastated. After pacing it with the Maggies for the 1st half, the Roo field kicking in the 3rd quarter was atrocious.
Time and time again they kicked the ball into the forward line --- straight to a Maine defender. But cuppla young blokes looked OPK -- Daniel manning and Jarryd Wiegard.

NORFOLK --- to give Trent Zantuck his due, he was suffering from a bit of a groin strain so wasn't 100 per cent.
Ty Zantuck took a bit of a run on the ball in the 3rd and was very handy. Marty Warry was extremely ordinary and looks like he could lose a fair bit of pudden.
Caveman will be devastated. After pacing it with the Maggies for the 1st half, the Roo field kicking in the 3rd quarter was atrocious.
Time and time again they kicked the ball into the forward line --- straight to a Maine defender. But cuppla young blokes looked OPK -- Daniel manning and Jarryd Wiegard.

Thanks for the mention Jock! Yes I was at the game and I totally agree that our field kicking let us down. In no way am I devaststed though. It is very early days and it is a new beginning for the club. We have had a huge turnover of players and we will only get better as the weeks go on!

Go ROOERS! :thumbsu:

My early season odds had Square as favourites but after talking to a major sponsor on the weekend I am definately off the Square. Not sure he knew I was the Army but said GS could not win this years flag with Walsh and Hawkins at the club. I thought this was a massive call and totally unexpected.

These 2 could be under a lot of pressue come mid season if GS's results are not as good as they hoped.

I't always amaze's how people can make predictions this time of year based on practise matches.
Firstly, no club plays their best side and anyone with half a footy brain realises that even with only one key senior player out , that can make a big difference to a sides game plan or balance.
Secondly the tempo of a practise match is well below a home and away game and then finals tempo is another level again.

After round 10 then maybe people can start jumping to conclusions but after round 18 should give you a better indication and then anything can happen in finals as we all know.

So people riding of sides at this time of year need to be careful you don't end up with egg on your face.

On the "predictions so early" point, I presume most people who make the big calls so early know pretty well that they may end up with egg on their faces.

Sure, its going out on a limb, but that's what a prediction is! I wouldn't have much credibility prophesising (sp?) the final ladder after the season's finished, would I?

While it can be a bit silly making big calls early, if those who do make those calls are here posting right through the season, there's a bit of gumption there, as well :)

That's me thoughts on it, anyways. Carry on ...

My early season odds had Square as favourites but after talking to a major sponsor on the weekend I am definately off the Square. Not sure he knew I was the Army but said GS could not win this years flag with Walsh and Hawkins at the club. I thought this was a massive call and totally unexpected.

These 2 could be under a lot of pressue come mid season if GS's results are not as good as they hoped.

Oh well, if has come from the inner sanctum of knowledge about footy clubs - a sponsor, must have merit then.....

I disagree, losing these players would servely dent the chances of square taking home the flag. Can't understand how having good players in the team is bad?

Can anyone tell me how Chris Johns goes as a footballer? I believe he played for South Bendigo. He has come to our club (Werribee Amateurs) this year.

That certain Major Sponsor might wanna keep quiet I reckon. Loose lips sinks ships don't they

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That certain Major Sponsor might wanna keep quiet I reckon. Loose lips sinks ships don't they! (wouldn't wanna jeopardise his/her relationship with such a club) My mail is that the recently married Hawk is very fit and rarin' to go. I'm told he will be batching it for most of the season as his Mrs has moved to the US for work for most of footy season, will have plenty of time to cencentrate on footy. Great bloke, great player, and will play a big role in Squares attempt to win a GF again.
As I have also said before, with no Coaching responsibilities on his back, Woosha will carve, mark my words!
I reckon Walsh and Hawkins are both overdue, 2 of the most overated players in the league IMO. What has D.Walsh ever done in the Bendigo league ?

This may seem harsh but its only my opinion !

I reckon Walsh and Hawkins are both overdue, 2 of the most overated players in the league IMO. What has D.Walsh ever done in the Bendigo league ?

This may seem harsh but its only my opinion !
he seems like a nice fella but i know two guys who played under walsh and they both say hes a cat .

Can anyone tell me how Chris Johns goes as a footballer? I believe he played for South Bendigo. He has come to our club (Werribee Amateurs) this year.

just ask him tell ya...... nah goes alright, no super star, needs to demand the footy a bit more pretty quite on the ground. good bloke tho

You must be a good player Bears Boy!
No mate, pretty average actually .

Neither of these two have done much against Gisborne in the past .
Walsh (cant coach) was lucky enough to snag a few by hangin out the back in the granny last year (in time on in the last quarter).

Dont get me wrong they're both handy players, but they are not the superstars they are made out to be .

wat r peoples thoughts on the sandhurst v north city game tomoz? to most would look like a mis match, but north city hav put together by far there strongest line up in there short history, so much improvement is on the cards this year

c'mon mobbsie
wot r u on :confused: :confused:
this is North City's 2nd season in the bendigo league
its the old north ballarat junior f.c. the entity wasn't accepted into the ballarat f.l. in nov-dec 05 so they applied both to bendigo and geelong f. leagues for acceptance

bendigo accepted them and they played throughout 2006, winning NO senior games
not surprising but their under-18s went prety well
lack of senior grade success not a surprise really as their oldest player was prolly only about 23-24 they got a few former NBJFC players back from places such as daylesford, central highlands etc .... but it was pretty hard to get their ex footballers, now senior players in their 20s, back into the fold

sandhurst beat city by about 15 goals.... promising signs by north in the first qtr, dominating play but failing to convert with roughly 2.8 to there name, after that sandhurst dominated the rest of the game

hey, new to big footy. Bendigo league follower - what's everyones thoughts on first round next weekend.

All right, i'll have a go.

Golden Square: Major step up this year in they have a ruckman and a bloke who can coach. Have also improved in the clinches and are the team to beat.

Gisborne: Awesome team over the last five years, strong all over the park. Haven't recruited many big names, confident in the progression of the youngsters. Equal favorites.

South Bendigo: South are always there and about and can't ever be underestimated. Have lost some quality players but also picked up quality. Would think they will play finals.

Sandhurst: Sandhurst can be a year to year proposition as they usually pick the crop of the Bendigo Junior League. That combined with some very good senior players can provide you with the chocy's or some hard boiled lollies.

Eaglehawk: Should be playing SuperRules apparently, the list is that old. Nah, they honestly looked the best side in Bendigo Footy for probably half the season last year. Failed in the finals. The man with the big lips would be making a big effort in his last year.

Kyneton: Last year in Nev's contract and god knows what sort of car he got for it, but he has recruited pretty well by the looks. Brett Cook back and some absolute jets around the park. Needless to say, questions asked if not finals material.

Castlemaine: Dark horse, always seems to just do enough to sneak under everyone's radar and all of a sudden you are at the Camp and 8 goals down. Not to be underestimated.

Kangaroo Flat: Boom side. Four ex-AFL players so four wins, against Maryborough and North City x 2. Rebuilding after exodus of players.

Maryborough: Still rebuilding after Nev's last car. How did you fellows go through that much tape? Seriously, a few senior players have gone back to the MCFDL but the addition of Bond and some good young kids will not make them the pushover that some believe.

North City: An unknown quantity. May be uncompetitive like last year. If that is the case; enjoy it while you can. Will be seriously competitive within 2 years.

c'mon mobbsie
wot r u on :confused: :confused:
this is North City's 2nd season in the bendigo league
its the old north ballarat junior f.c. the entity wasn't accepted into the ballarat f.l. in nov-dec 05 so they applied both to bendigo and geelong f. leagues for acceptance

bendigo accepted them and they played throughout 2006, winning NO senior games
not surprising but their under-18s went prety well
lack of senior grade success not a surprise really as their oldest player was prolly only about 23-24 they got a few former NBJFC players back from places such as daylesford, central highlands etc .... but it was pretty hard to get their ex footballers, now senior players in their 20s, back into the fold

Wow, no I didn't know this! That's something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back