What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make sense... Thirds footy is far superior to twos, yet bring the quality of thirds down by throwing 2's in the mix?

Operational nightmare with the team sheets.

No - definately too many teams / leagues. That's the problem. Western Plains and Lexton merged b/c of this exact problem.

How does that not make sense?

WTF about the team sheets?

I'll bet you London to a brick that what I'm suggesting gets up and has more hope of having long term success than amalgamating leagues and taking the soul out of towns like Talbot, Serpentine, et al.

What's that going to do to the team sheets when these little towns have no team? Idjit.

That doesn't make sense... Thirds footy is far superior to twos, yet bring the quality of thirds down by throwing 2's in the mix?

Operational nightmare with the team sheets.

No - definately too many teams / leagues. That's the problem. Western Plains and Lexton merged b/c of this exact problem.

Typical North Ballarat d**khead comment. It was a suggestion to a problem and you are worried about teamsheets!!!!!

Maryborough has no thirds, Sandhurst has no twos....

Who on this thread would support amalgamating some of the second tier leagues? (MCDFL, LVFL & HDFL)

Bendigo has to sustain 4 leagues - not enough players to go around.

Maybe if Sandhurst had a better club enviroment they'd be able to keep their juniors after under 18's and field a reserves team. Some might argue that most of them move for uni, but look at square's 2's team from the weekend, 4 players travelled from Melbourne to play because they enjoy being at the club. It would of been 5 if Brendan Fraser hadn't broken his leg.

If clubs can create a good enviroment they will not struggle for numbers.

Maryborough has no thirds, Sandhurst has no twos....

Who on this thread would support amalgamating some of the second tier leagues? (MCDFL, LVFL & HDFL)

Bendigo has to sustain 4 leagues - not enough players to go around.

MCDFL is probably stronger than ever with full complements of teams at all clubs. Doubt they'd consider a merge of any kind.

Gisborne is a lot different to Sunbury - one have 90k from Pokies handed to them - the other doesn't. No doubt Sunbury and Redan pay there players very well. Gisborne would be no where near either of them.

The reason Redan gets bagged as well as Gisborne is all to do with tall poppy syndrome! People get jealous of sustained success - take Ablett for example.
KA, I enjoy reading your posts majority of the time. But...

If your suggesting Redan are a big paying club and that is why we have had success in recent years then you are kidding yourself.

Have you ever played in a premiership Y or N?

I beg to differ. Fish has told everyone about his experience at east point and his story is the same as the previous coaches who he talks with regularly. Maybe you are getting so shitty as you are one of the peckerheads fish talks about.:mad:

KA look out for some coloured in tats this year!!!!:D

In all seriousness can we give him a chance and let up on the previous error of his ways as these errors were also allowed by people at east point. He reckons most of the posts shitcanning him on this arena are from east point so let up!!!!!!

1) You can differ but your not right.
2) Wrong again, Fisher had my support all the way through.
3) Wrong again, will repeat...good luck to him.

Sorry Oracle, three strikes and your out!:p

Close, the last time i played around Bendigo was for the bulldogs but not them.

Don't go bragging about six grand finals in a row, if every other club spent the cash you guys did they would've made six aswell.

When you pay mcguane 60,000 a year plus an open cheque book for players then your destined for success.

I like how you try and back peddle about your loss.
The reason gissy kicked bad is cos they were'nt used to having shots on grass , their used to kicking for goal in mud( your disgrace home surface)
or they were under pressure and not front running as per usual.
Just face it you were beaten by a better side on the day and guess what, get use to it cos its gunna happen alot this year.

I can assure you that Gisborne would pay the least amount of money out of any of the top 5 sides from last year and even a few outside the 5

Daniel Bailey from Kangaroo Flat has just moved into our league. Can anyone reveal what sort of player he is? Ones/twos? key position/midfielder? Etc...

Cheers

I can assure you that Gisborne would pay the least amount of money out of any of the top 5 sides from last year and even a few outside the 5

And how can you assure us of this, have you seen the annual report for all football clubs within the BFL. Answer, NO. No one is privvy to what all clubs spend, you could not surely think you have any idea as to where gisborne ranks in spending opposed to all other clubs. You have no facts to base this on, your statement is based on rumor, innuendo and what people write on this site.

KA, I enjoy reading your posts majority of the time. But...

If your suggesting Redan are a big paying club and that is why we have had success in recent years then you are kidding yourself.

Have you ever played in a premiership Y or N?

List what you think Edwards, Fields, Blomley, Dwyer, Murrihy, Snibson and Nunn get paid. Redan would only be behind Sunbury and on par with East Point with player payments last year.

I spent hours on video tape watching the Redan game plan - the reason of your success is that you are extremely well drilled. Each on baller runs to an exact spot at each ball up or throw in and they all know there role and work for each other. Your ruckman would hit the ball the opposite way every time (the same way the opposition ruck was trying to hit it). You then get numbers behind the ball and then have options to release to a number of players - fields being the number 1 option. You would also nearly always get 1 or 2 extra players to each contest freeing up a loose man. This is just you teams extra work rate. No doubt your success has come via a well drilled unit but please don't tell me your gun players are not compensated well.

Do you really hate the drummer?

List what you think Edwards, Fields, Blomley, Dwyer, Murrihy, Snibson and Nunn get paid. Redan would only be behind Sunbury and on par with East Point with player payments last year.

I spent hours on video tape watching the Redan game plan - the reason of your success is that you are extremely well drilled. Each on baller runs to an exact spot at each ball up or throw in and they all know there role and work for each other. Your ruckman would hit the ball the opposite way every time (the same way the opposition ruck was trying to hit it). You then get numbers behind the ball and then have options to release to a number of players - fields being the number 1 option. You would also nearly always get 1 or 2 extra players to each contest freeing up a loose man. This is just you teams extra work rate. No doubt your success has come via a well drilled unit but please don't tell me your gun players are not compensated well.

Do you really hate the drummer?
You have been busy watching our games KA.

Would it suprise you to say field & edwards would be on $400ea???

And yes, the drummer sh*ts us the wall!!!

*Also, maybe back to ballarat thread.... getting very interesting on there at moment.

You have been busy watching our games KA.

Would it suprise you to say field & edwards would be on $400ea???

And yes, the drummer sh*ts us the wall!!!

*Also, maybe back to ballarat thread.... getting very interesting on there at moment.

It did my head in watching tapes of your team. I have pages on them if you like - it did not matter as they were that well drilled we knew what they were doing and still could not stop it. No lazy players at Redan.

Try 800. That includes the $3,000 bonus paid to Edwards after the Grand Final last year.

I only see a couple of Redan games - I thought the drummer added some value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did my head in watching tapes of your team. I have pages on them if you like - it did not matter as they were that well drilled we knew what they were doing and still could not stop it. No lazy players at Redan.

Try 800. That includes the $3,000 bonus paid to Edwards after the Grand Final last year.

I only see a couple of Redan games - I thought the drummer added some value.
are u doing any work at gissy this year kings

You definately know what gisbourne players get paid because your the general manager who pays them.

Gisbourne and e/hawke would've been the only two teams to pay over 100grand last year with maybe south behind them.

To think gisbourne paid less than all the over finalists is a joke , do you think we are all fools you idiot!

Gisbourne is the only club in the bfl to pay their 2's players $50- a week win loose or draw, its a good idea to hold some depth but there's nearly $18,000 just on 2's players for the year.

I know what some of recruits knocked back from other clubs to play at gissy and it was close to ten gorilla's.

Sandhurst pay sfa so to think you paid less than them last year is funnier than you trying to touch your toe's big boy.

You definately know what gisbourne players get paid because your the general manager who pays them.

Gisbourne and e/hawke would've been the only two teams to pay over 100grand last year with maybe south behind them.

To think gisbourne paid less than all the over finalists is a joke , do you think we are all fools you idiot!
Gisbourne is the only club in the bfl to pay their 2's players $50- a week win loose or draw, its a good idea to hold some depth but there's nearly $18,000 just on 2's players for the year.

I know what some of recruits knocked back from other clubs to play at gissy and it was close to ten gorilla's.

Sandhurst pay sfa so to think you paid less than them last year is funnier than you trying to touch your toe's big boy.

No Ablett - we just think your a fool. And one of the reason why your a fool is that you think Jenna J is Bears Boy. Jenna is a player at Gisborne Bears Boy was the football manager last year.

Now - about that bet to never hear from either you or me again? 5 losses for Gissy in 08? In or out nuffy?

Just as I thought - sh!t your pants.

Allias are for the weak. Now I am going to type this as slow as I can so even a nuffy like you may be able to understand.

Jenna J - Is a player
Bears Boy - was the football manager.
They are 2 different people. Was that slow enough 4 you??

Will back KA up here, his facts above are true, as far as what Gissy pay........well there seconds get $20 per game, not $50, and most of it goes in membership and over the bar, so money well spent by the club if you ask me, and there senior payments.....well if you got the coin why not spend it.........reckon close to 100k would be accurate, most successful clubs have a 300 turnover. Its all about the committee, work hard, get success and watch the coin roll in. I might be the most hated man in the BFL and the Gissy footy club, but I know what Im talking about here.

Will back KA up here, his facts above are true, as far as what Gissy pay........well there seconds get $20 per game, not $50, and most of it goes in membership and over the bar, so money well spent by the club if you ask me, and there senior payments.....well if you got the coin why not spend it.........reckon close to 100k would be accurate, most successful clubs have a 300 turnover. Its all about the committee, work hard, get success and watch the coin roll in. I might be the most hated man in the BFL and the Gissy footy club, but I know what Im talking about here.

Would you like to elaborate on what Gisborne's turnover actually is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back