What's honestly worse - our batting or bowling?

Which is worse - our batters or bowlers?

• Batters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowlers

• Both just as bad as each other.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to get rid of Siddle and Hilfenhaus. They've had their chance we have a long line of quality yougsters waiting in the wings. Harris and Johnson should be our only mainstays at the moment.

Time to get rid of Siddle and Hilfenhaus. They've had their chance we have a long line of quality yougsters waiting in the wings. Harris and Johnson should be our only mainstays at the moment.

Why do you think we've got a lot of quality youngsters? I'm not sure if you can tell if a player is high quality from the state of our Shield comp.

I think they should give Copeland a go if they were going to go the way of yet another seam bowler change, but I think they'd go back to Bolly if they wanted to make changes.

Whatever you may think of the bowling, I'm not sure what miracles they are expected to come up with after an innings of 98.

The batsmen are the major problem at the moment - they should either be wearing clown outfits when batting or taking fishing rods out with them instead of bats.

Hm

Peter Siddle

7 Wickets for the series in 4 games with a best bowling of 6/54 :cool:

Mitchell Johnson has 9 wickets in 3 games with a best bowling of 6/38 :cool:

The reknowned swing king in Australian cricket has 2 wickets to his names

Shows how bad we really are.. Yes everyone has a good day but bar Harris, no one has really been consistent at all this series..

Why do you think we've got a lot of quality youngsters? I'm not sure if you can tell if a player is high quality from the state of our Shield comp.

I think they should give Copeland a go if they were going to go the way of yet another seam bowler change, but I think they'd go back to Bolly if they wanted to make changes.

Guys like Hazelwood Pattinson Starc George are pretty good youth coming through man. The fact is these guys are young and have performed pretty well.

Guys like Hazelwood Pattinson Starc George are pretty good youth coming through man. The fact is these guys are young and have performed pretty well.

Hazlewood is the only one I've been very impressed with.

Starc doesn't look that much in control yet and his record is nothing to write home about. Pattinson looks ok, George looks ok, but they don't look like world-beaters.

I'm fed up to the gills with the junk hype around our young players and sometimes not so young players.

Hard for our bowlers to actually concentrate on bowling to take wickets when Ponting has no idea about setting fields and they have no runs to play with.

In order from most worse to least worse - batsman, Ponting's tactics, fielding, bowling.

Hard for our bowlers to actually concentrate on bowling to take wickets when Ponting has no idea about setting fields and they have no runs to play with.

In order from most worse to least worse - batsman, Ponting's tactics, fielding, bowling.

How about the bowlers pitch it so the batsmen play instead of bowling two foot outside the off stump, or, on the pads?

Not that hard is it? the English are just patient, wait for our bad ball, and then put it away when it comes.

Hazlewood is the only one I've been very impressed with.

Starc doesn't look that much in control yet and his record is nothing to write home about. Pattinson looks ok, George looks ok, but they don't look like world-beaters.

I'm fed up to the gills with the junk hype around our young players and sometimes not so young players.

Guess what neither do Siddle and Hilfy. Advantage youth :thumbsu:

Look this is going nowhere we clearly disagree on this I don't really rate Hilfenhaus or Siddle. I think we need to play young guys in their slot. I THINK AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE NOTHING MUCH MORE TO LOSE. As a result I would like to try some different options. To me if you have bowlers who have had a fair crack and are averaging 32 or 33 it's not enough for their position to be secure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look this is going nowhere we clearly disagree on this I don't really rate Hilfenhaus or Siddle. I think we need to play young guys in their slot. I THINK AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE NOTHING MUCH MORE TO LOSE. As a result I would like to try some different options. To me if you have bowlers who have had a fair crack and are averaging 32 or 33 it's not enough for their position to be secure.

Peter Siddle came into test cricket very inexperienced and he is learning as he goes. In terms of being an inexperienced bowler learning on the job and not having experienced international bowlers around him to feed off, his average is actually pretty good.

He's not brilliant, but he is a reasonably good bowler who never hangs his head. I've always liked his attitude. I think Punter undoes him sometimes (can't be sure though) as he likes to use him to rough up the opposition whereas he is better when he pitches it up.

Bowling: We don't have any tall pace bowlers that get that awkward bounce, we don't have any with out and out pace, and we don't have any can really swing the ball. Plus we have no spinner to speak of.

Batting: We don't have anyone apart from Hussey that can really tough it out and grind an innings. Too many flamboyant stroke players that want to get on top and dominate the attack, when they could be a bit more circumspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's honestly worse - our batting or bowling?

Back