Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching all 7 Star Wars movies for the first time, had seen bits and pieces and knew the basic story, but never watched all of them beginning to end. I have to say that episodes 1 - 3 are unfairly maligned, and compare easily with the originals.
My list
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Attack of the clones
4. A New Hope
5. The Force Awakens
6. Return of the Jedi
7. Phantom Menace

All were enjoyable in their own way, and I can certainly see the universal appeal of these films.

Well they could have if they wanted to. No law restricting them to stick to the old script. There's been plenty of "1st" Batman movies, all different.
Yeah I guess so. I was pretty happy that they stuck to it but I can see that viewpoint as well.

Did you think the same with True Grit?

Don't Breathe -- This is a top notch little horror/thriller. Loads of tension and brilliantly shot (very impressed by the camera work in this). Highly recommend. 8/10 from me.

Last edited:

Yeah I guess so. I was pretty happy that they stuck to it but I can see that viewpoint as well.

Did you think the same with True Grit?

Can't remember the old true grit, only saw it once back when Jesus used to play CHB for StKilda.

True Grit was a top film which was aced by Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld's acting

Just finished watching all 7 Star Wars movies for the first time, had seen bits and pieces and knew the basic story, but never watched all of them beginning to end. I have to say that episodes 1 - 3 are unfairly maligned, and compare easily with the originals.
My list
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Attack of the clones
4. A New Hope
5. The Force Awakens
6. Return of the Jedi
7. Phantom Menace

All were enjoyable in their own way, and I can certainly see the universal appeal of these films.
:eek: Attack of the clones better than ANH.. you for real?
ROTS > Empire :'( you must be taking the piss

The new magnificent 7.... i kinda expected it to suck but i enjoyed it for what it was.
A popcorn flick. Denzel is always good. 6.5

Sully. Tom hanks is top notch. 7.5

Ben Hur remake. Do ya washing instead, more enjoyable. 2/10 just of the chariot race.

Miss periquin and the perculiar children . Very good, better than Harry potter tho no way id little kids watch it. 7.5

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

The Shallows
large_6vuxwCfBejPfUjMxrPgk0ANmVFq.jpg
\
Enjoyed it. A good shark movie. Not outstanding but a good watch and passes reasonably quickly, especially for a movie with such a small cast and little interaction. The visuals are good, sound is good, and the gore really pushes the envelope for an M, or American PG-13, so it doesn't feel as soft as the rating implies. The self heal scene is particularly brutal and painful to watch. A few tense moments throughout, and the seagull turned in a stellar performance that should surely put him in Oscar contention. Can recommended to anybody interested who thinks this kind of movie appeals to them. Biggest negative is that the shark is stupidly, distractingly big, when it didn't need to be.

7.5/10

Last edited:
Downloaded Futureworld yesterday and watched.
The sequel to Westworld in 1970's.
Did not know there was a sequel until someone mentioned it in relation to tv series made this year. So had a look out of pure interest. It is amazing how over a few decades the music and special effects can change so much in film making, but basic ideas do not change much at all.

My list
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Attack of the clones
4. A New Hope
5. The Force Awakens
6. Return of the Jedi
7. Phantom Menace

Were you high when watching 1-3?

Green Room

A broke punk rock band gets a last minute gig at a Neo-nazi club in the backwoods of the Pacific Northwest. After their performance they happen across a murder in the green room. It all goes downhill for them from there.

I quite enjoyed this movie. It was very nice to look at (the shitty club and the woods were great), the violence was strong but appropriate, Anton Yelchin and Patrick Stewart were in it. It's a bit of an ensemble movie and goes for 95 minutes so it never felt boring or slow or like they were padding. If I have one criticism it's that Imogen Poots being in it felt annoying. I haven't seen much of her work but she seems like Yvone Strahovski 2.0: Hot blonde who isn't much of an actor but keeps getting work because she's a hot blonde.

Were you high when watching 1-3?
I thought they were all consistently enjoyable, and not much difference between the best and the worst. One thing that really annoyed my was C3PO, almost as annoying as Jar Jar, but given way to big of a role throughout the saga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sully. Hanks as Eckhart were great as usual, but I thought the pacing was very slow, it almost put me to sleep. I also thought it was longer than necessary, could have been shorted by eliminating the duplicate crash landing scene, the one during the hearing when they were listening to the recording was the only one they needed.

ALLIED - watche'd it in cinema and WOW, what a film, very thought provoking film, great script and terrace cast. highly recommended espionage thriller based on a while back.

Little Sister: lost steam towards the end but interesting and quirky most of the duration which I like! I think Addison Timlin (who I didn't recognize compared to her racy role in Californication) could be a future star. 7/10

Dope:
Entertaining enough and great style and music but I found it to lack substance. Enjoyable enough tho. 6.5/10

Unbroken: Pretty good directional effort from Jolie. Few things I didn't like but it was pretty good for the duration. 7.5/10

Hacksaw Ridge - Mel Gibson's return to directing after a 10 year hiatus. Amazing story of army medic Desmond Doss, who wins the Medal of Honour, rescuing wounded soldiers (unarmed mind you), during the brutal battle at Hacksaw Ridge in Okinawa. Battle scenes are unbelievably realistic in their violence and chaos, as is the courage showed by Desmond.

9/10 - a must see.

Breathe -- This is a top notch little horror/thriller. Loads of tension and brilliantly shot (very impressed by the camera work in this). Highly recommend. 8/10 from me.
Assuming you mean Don't Breathe (2016) and not Breathe (2014), the latter doesn't look like a thriller.

Don't Breathe looks interesting anyway, always on the look out for decent thriller.

Assuming you mean Don't Breathe (2016) and not Breathe (2014), the latter doesn't look like a thriller.

Don't Breathe looks interesting anyway, always on the look out for decent thriller.
Yes I do. I'll go and edit my post. Cheers

Spectral- the new Netflix movie. Apparently made for cinema release but was too poor so Netflix picked it up. Fairly ordinary. One review of it said it was like a cross between Gears of War, Black Hawk Down and Alien without being as exciting or well written. Some ok special effects save it from being terrible. 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back