Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes.
Fantastic animation but a complete borefest. I read up on it and apparently it’s only setting up the beginning of a new trilogy but what a slow and painful way to get going. 🥱😴😴😴😴

I love all POTA from the originals onwards but this was an overindulgence of trying to be too epic for its own good in massive amounts and I was so so disappointed! Felt more like Avatar 2 - another borefest - than POTA. IMHO

Last edited:
Fantastic animation but a complete borefest. I read up on it and apparently it’s only setting up the beginning of a new trilogy but what a slow and painful way to get going. 🥱😴😴😴😴

I love all POTA from the originals onwards but this was an overindulgence of trying to be too epic for its own good in massive amounts and I was so so disappointed! Felt more like Avatar 2 - another borefest - than POTA. IMHO
Alllllll of them? Even the Burton/Wahlberg one?

Great write up! Feels like a solid year for horror, so much interesting stuff coming out right now.

Keen to hear how you go with Strange Darling, seems like it's the "go in blind" horror of the year.
Finally saw this yesterday.
Really enjoyed it, I dont think its "this years barbarian" like Ive seen a few people describe it online, as its more a psychological thriller than an actual horror flick.
But yeah its filmed really well, (Giovanni Ribisi was behind the cinematography and did it all in 35mm so it really nails the 70s/80s exploitation/horror look) and the actings is pretty good too. Dont really want to say much more but pretty good indie horror and was only $4m budget I believe.

When you've seen I'll post a couple of additional thoughts in a spoiler haha.

Rebel Ridge (2024)

It's mostly an entertaining slow-burn thriller about a guy who is frustrated after encountering some corrupt cops in small town America. It is let down by the last half hour when it turns into an unrealistic action flick.

Aaron Pierre is charismatic in the lead role. Don Johnson is good as the chief of police but you can tell he's struggling with mobility.

5/10.

Once, when asked if he would work with John Landis again, Eddie stated, "I have more chance of working with Vic Morrow" (the actor killed on the Twilight Zone disaster).

Of course he ended up changing his mind for an awful film.

Anyone interested should read the book "Outrageous Conduct" to get an idea as to why Landis should still be in in jail for the death of Morrow and two little kids.

Utterly reprehensible human being.
Murphy also said if he ever returns for a part 3 it means he's getting a lot of money.

He did infact get a lot of money for part 3.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed this as the start of a new story. Feel like Star Wars could have taken a leaf out of its book.

Finally saw this yesterday.
Really enjoyed it, I dont think its "this years barbarian" like Ive seen a few people describe it online, as its more a psychological thriller than an actual horror flick.
But yeah its filmed really well, (Giovanni Ribisi was behind the cinematography and did it all in 35mm so it really nails the 70s/80s exploitation/horror look) and the actings is pretty good too. Dont really want to say much more but pretty good indie horror and was only $4m budget I believe.

When you've seen I'll post a couple of additional thoughts in a spoiler haha.
Nice, appreciate the spoiler free review. I'm pretty keen. May not get to watch for a while, holding out for me and my buddy's annual horror marathon 🥵

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried to love it, really wanted to. I’m hoping the continuation turns it into something brilliant. Fingers crossed.

Sounds bizarre to say but without Caesar it just wasn’t happening for me.
I know what you mean but they are obviously trying to get to the point of the old films but making it feel more realistic in the sense of evolution etc

I know what you mean but they are obviously trying to get to the point of the old films but making it feel more realistic in the sense of evolution etc
Yeah i understand, it just went sooo slowly to nothing. I didn’t even realize it was the beginning of something until researching it.

But I got to sit down and watch the new “awesome” POTA movie which didn’t deliver, but like I said, if the rest of the trilogy turns out to be superb then great.

Worst thing was I got my 7 and 9 year olds to watch this new POTA and they fell asleep. 🤣😩

Yeah i understand, it just went sooo slowly to nothing. I didn’t even realize it was the beginning of something until researching it.

But I got to sit down and watch the new “awesome” POTA movie which didn’t deliver, but like I said, if the rest of the trilogy turns out to be superb then great.

Worst thing was I got my 7 and 9 year olds to watch this new POTA and they fell asleep. 🤣😩
Yeah fair enough. To be honest, the motion capture for me is by far the best I’ve ever seen and just allows me to be engrossed in the world and feel believable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back