Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Long before zoom technology, I'm guessing a dolly shot with the focus puller doing their best to keep up. Which explains the slight out of focus for a second or so over the transition of the shot.

I'm no great Wayne fan but it is a superb introduction to a character and and a film star (although Wayne had been around for a decade and after flopping in THE BIG TRAIL had done his time in c-grade oaters before Ford came to his rescue).
I was wondering how he made that shot so thanks! The out of focus adds to it imo as it gives the suspension of disbelief the characters would've felt.

I watched Apartment 7A yesterday, the recent prequel to Rosemary's Baby. I liked it, an enjoyable ending and Dianne Wiest delivers a wonderful accent and voice inflections to mirror those of Ruth Gordon in the original, which is the character Dianne is playing.

I watched Apartment 7A yesterday, the recent prequel to Rosemary's Baby. I liked it, an enjoyable ending and Dianne Wiest delivers a wonderful accent and voice inflections to mirror those of Ruth Gordon in the original, which is the character Dianne is playing.
I watched this last night too. Thought it was pretty good. I'm a fan of Julia Garner and I agree Wiest played her character well. As someone who has rolled and broken an ankle before, it was making me cringe seeing that shot over and over! Haha. Pretty good movie though. I enjoyed it.

Deadpool and Wolverine

Finally got to watch it and it was everything i wanted as a marvel nerd.

The cameos (which have all been spoiled at this point anyway) worked really nicely and the Reynolds/Jackman chemistry and performances were great.

If youre a non marvel uber nerd then this is probably gonna do absolutely nothing for you at all.

Deadpool and Wolverine

Finally got to watch it and it was everything i wanted as a marvel nerd.

The cameos (which have all been spoiled at this point anyway) worked really nicely and the Reynolds/Jackman chemistry and performances were great.

If youre a non marvel uber nerd then this is probably gonna do absolutely nothing for you at all.
Good summary, I'm not a Marvel nerd and it was bit too much for me, I didn't mind the first one, tolerated the 2nd, but couldn't get into this one.

Good summary, I'm not a Marvel nerd and it was bit too much for me, I didn't mind the first one, tolerated the 2nd, but couldn't get into this one.
Its basically all just meta references to either the MCU itself or the Marvel Fox universe. Theres a handful of jokes re: Ryan and Hugh but its mostly fan service stuff.

I watched with my wife who is NOT a marvel nerd (but knows i am) i had to explain probably 70% of the gags and references to her.

I actually think the fight coreo was okay and Hugh in particular as Logan/Wolverine was really really good (honestly giving the film far more than it needed or deserved) but if you couldnt get the in universe story then all that would get lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back