Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

A Horse Named Winx (Stan)

Fantastic documentary. What a horse. 9/10
I’m not anti racing ..sort of but funny how they love the good horses and mince the bad ones.

Just watched 4 between Frankfurt and Singapore

The Dry 2 - 5/10
Back to Black - Amy Winehouse biopic 7/10
Mother's Instinct - thriller/horror set in 60s with Anne Hathaway 6/10
Five Nights at Freddy's - horror based on the video game 6/10

Last edited:
How does it stack up to Covenant?
Smilarish

Romulus is a throwback to the first, haunted house in space stuff with some COOKED body horror. Convenant expanded the universe a bit more (not as much as Prometheus but still).

I think Romulus did it better personally.

Smilarish

Romulus is a throwback to the first, haunted house in space stuff with some COOKED body horror. Convenant expanded the universe a bit more (not as much as Prometheus but still).

I think Romulus did it better personally.
Would be interested in your take here.

I thought the Romulus story line was far superior to Covenant, but the Alien scenes in Covenant were better.

In particular these scenes.

tenor.gif

alien-covenant-gif-blood-1.gif

tumblr_ophd4lRvMR1rb499fo5_400.gifv

Godland (2022)

At the end of the 19th century, a young Danish priest is sent to a remote part of Iceland to oversee the building of a church.

Photography is a theme. There's a lot of still shots and slow pans. The Icelandic landscapes are both bleak and beautiful but I don't think the director made the most of that with his choice of 4:3 aspect ratio. The priest struggles to carry his heavy camera equipment on his back, almost like Jesus carrying the cross.

The plot is pretty basic so it's about the atmospherics but at 142 minutes it's a bit of a slog.

5/10

Would be interested in your take here.

I thought the Romulus story line was far superior to Covenant, but the Alien scenes in Covenant were better.

In particular these scenes.

tenor.gif

alien-covenant-gif-blood-1.gif

tumblr_ophd4lRvMR1rb499fo5_400.gifv
I think the Xenos in full daylight was a bad idea, lurking in the shadows is HEAPS scarier. Aside from that yeh I think you’re probably right. I do think the zero gravity scene in Romulus was truly inspired stuff and that finale was really gross and scary and ****ed though.

Deadpool & Wolverine

Ugh wasn't very funny (one genuine LOL moment in the first 30 minutes with a few mild chuckles thereafter) , but had some clever action sequences. Spider-man: Far From Home did the multiverse angle so much better (and even that was pretty average once the plot holes were known lol). The sexual humor throughout seemed more forced in a way to be "in your face edgy" rather than clever and actually funny.

2/5 -

David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury tv movie was far better than this

Just watched this tonight (partly cause it's leaving Amazon Prime in 7 days and am a sucker for cringe sci-fi/horror flicks from the 80s)

images

85 minutes of my life I will never get back. Didn't even have a modicum of self-deprecating humour that made all the Troma classics back then so good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dirty Dancing

Genuinely have not seen the movie from start to finish in many many many years (20+) I've seen the occasional scene from time to time when it's been on tv... and hear various songs on the radio here and there. It's a classic, but it must have been like lightning in a bottle - right place right time ? As I understand they've tried to recapture the magic with a failed "loose" sequel, a tv movie/musical remake but have fallen flat. One wonders if THIS movie came out in the 2010's-2020's would it have the same cultural impact or become a phenomenon in this "era" ? I'd hazard a guess and say probably not.

With that being said the film is a huge nostalgic trip, more because I'm recalling the times I did watch it when I was little and the time in my life etc etc etc. Swayze is a god!

3.5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back