Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I watch Dirty Dancing and Grease min once a year.

My GFs fave movies.

They're actually not bad

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both were regular rotations when I was little (if my older sister didn't have Dirty Dancing on vhs rotation - it was on FTA regularly enough). Ditto with Grease - used to watch it a lot on a Friday or Saturday night (usually on FTA either at the same time as Hey Hey it's Saturday or on straight after when Channel 9 had the rights to it).

I also hadn't seen Grease (in full) for donkey's years until I purchased the 40th anniversary 4K in March last year. I think with both, having watched them frequently when growing up (not as often as Superman, Rambo, Robocop, Terminator 1/2, BTTF Trilogy etc) they were burned into my memory thus I could afford to go many years without watching them. And in the case of Grease I get the biggest nostalgic kick from it as it takes me back to those Saturday night's watching it at my grandmother's house - very happy times :). Plus the movie still kicks arse and it's just a really good time.

There are still a few "gems" that I haven't watched in years that I would if/when I think of them. For example, The Goonies is yet another film that I did watch when I was little.... hadn't seen it in full (again lol) for 15-20 years. But watched it recently. I don't have EVERY movie on repeat over and over and over and over :p

9th of Sep- Chunking Express , watched plenty of gun films and definitely my favourite WKW film and an incredible cinema experience. The shot selection, colour palette and use of editing all absolute top tier. And then you add in the performances, the soundtrack, the themes and the emotional weight.

Letterboxd- Top Film Reviews+ Best Film Information and ratings.

Finished Immaculate.

It’s a b (maybe c grade) almost grindhouse cheesy horror movie that tries to go the full prestige high concept horror for the last 15 minutes? Just a lot of weird choices.

The very very very final scene (which I think is a one shot) is pretty brutal and horrifying but nothing in the build up to it is worthy of it. Feel for Sweeney a bit because i suspect she though it would be more of that last 4-5 minutes and not the preceding 75-80

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back