When does the Hodge verdict come out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to hear, now I think we actually have a chance of beating the lions @ the gabba, cmon lads lets break this 7 year hoodoo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL statement on Hodge being cleared.

MEDIA RELEASE FROM THE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE
The AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has assessed the following incidents from the weekend's round of matches.
Charges Laid:
Matthew Carr, Fremantle, has been charged with striking Nathan Bassett, Adelaide, during the fourth quarter of the NAB Challenge match between Fremantle and Adelaide, played at AAMI Stadium on Friday March 16, 2007.
In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.
The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, which relates to a Level Three Offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no applicable good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.
Shane Crawford, Hawthorn, has been charged with a second offence for using abusive and insulting language towards an umpire for abusing Matthew James during the fourth quarter of the NAB Challenge match between Hawthorn and Essendon, played at Casey Fields on Saturday March 17, 2007.
In summary, he can accept an $1800 sanction with an early plea.
A second offence for abusive and insulting language is a $2400 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to an $1800 sanction.
Cameron Wood, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with striking Cain Ackland, Carlton, during the third quarter of the NAB Cup match between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, played at Telstra Dome on SAturday March 17, 2007.
In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, which relates to a Level Two Offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no applicable good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 93.75 points and a reprimand.
Other incidents assessed: No Charge Laid.
The panel assessed the match day report laid against St Kilda's Lenny Hayes. Hayes was reported for striking Lindsay Thomas, the Kangaroos, during the fourth quarter of the NAB Challenge match at MC Labour Park on Friday. It was the view of the panel that Hayes tried to spoil as Thomas attempted to mark. The initial contact was made with an open hand to the ball and the subsequent follow through made contact to Thomas' face. Hayes' act was not considered a striking action and no further action was required.
The panel assessed the match day report laid against Hawthorn's Luke Hodge. Hodge was reported for striking Matthew Lloyd, Essendon, during the second quarter of the NAB Challenge match played at Casey Fields on Saturday. The panel said that Hodge made contact with the top of Lloyd's head with an open hand in an attempt to tackle. The action was not considered a striking motion and no further action was taken.
The panel assessed the match day report laid against Essendon's David Hille. Hille was reported for striking Beau Muston, Hawthorn, during the second quarter of the NAB Challenge match played at Casey Fields on Saturday. It was the view of the panel that Muston confronted Hille as he was involved in a scuffle. The contact between the two was a forceful block which caused Muston to go to ground. The action was not considered to be a strike and no further action was taken.
The panel assessed the match day report laid against Essendon's Kepler Bradley. Bradley was reported for making forceful contact to the head of Grant Birchall, Hawthorn, during the second quarter of the NAB Challenge match played at Casey Fields on Saturday. The panel said that Bradley made a realistic attempt to contest the ball. In doing so, he made contact to Birchall but Bradley did not have a realistic alternative and no further action was required.
The panel assessed the match day report laid against Hawthorn's Luke Hodge. Hodge was reported for charging Damien Peverill, Essendon, during the fourth quarter of the NAB Challenge match played at Casey Fields on Saturday. There was no conclusive vision of the point of impact. Hodge's actions leading up to the point of impact were considered to be a shepherd, not a charge, and therefore no further action was taken. Peverill left the field under the blood rule but this injury was due to a prior incident, not related to the contact caused in this incident.
The panel assessed the match day report laid against the Brisbane Lions' Ben Fixter. Fixter was reported for for charging Marc Murphy, Carlton, during the third quarter of the NAB Cup Grand Final played at Telstra Dome on Saturday night. Fixter made contact to Murphy in a marking contest from front-on. Fixter maintained eye contact with the ball until the final two steps of his running motion and when he realised a collision was inevitable, his action was one of self-protection rather than a charge. No further action was required.
Ends
Released by: Patrick Keane
AFL Media Manager

We aren't much chance. Let's just hope Brown kicks 10, the sooner Dawson goes, the better.:(
I'm sick of your negitive bulls*** DJ. Although there may be other Hawthorn supporters who don't have alot of faith in Zac, they sure as hell don't sit around all day bagging him out. As long as AC is prepared to be patient with his tallent then so are we. We don't wan't to hear your rubbish so take it to bay 13 or keep your trap shut!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sick of your negitive bulls*** DJ. Although there may be other Hawthorn supporters who don't have alot of faith in Zac, they sure as hell don't sit around all day bagging him out. As long as AC is prepared to be patient with his tallent then so are we. We don't wan't to hear your rubbish so take it to bay 13 or keep your trap shut!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

If Clarkson is "Patient" enough he will be sacked before Dawson :eek:

Leave him alone NG, he is a good poster.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and he happens to be fairly spot on also. Binxy ripped into me for bagging people and he was right, I think we all need to let everyone share their thoughts without us ripping into them.

Leave him alone NG, he is a good poster.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and he happens to be fairly spot on also. Binxy ripped into me for bagging people and he was right, I think we all need to let everyone share their thoughts without us ripping into them.
Thanks H2F, i don't useualy let it rip. I'm just sick to death of all the anti-Zac posts and the degree of DJ's post was just the straw that broke my camel's back. I'm going to bed.

I was anti Dawson last year, but I think this year we will see a completely different player.
Bring it on Zac. Prove DJ wrong.

I hope Dawson does prove me wrong, it's just very, very hard to see it happening. I think he just doesn't look natural enough as a footballer, not only is he weak, he just looks very lost out on the footy field.

if he can get in front and punch the ball away from the contest he'll be alright. Too often his opponent will get away from him and take the easy mark. He's just got to learn how forwards in AFL operate and anticipate their moves...
I'm sure this belongs in a different thread :D

Remove this Banner Ad

When does the Hodge verdict come out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back