Where do you see us finishing this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you try and take some sort of rational approach then you would suggest the following will be our biggest hurdles

1. Injuries - our key link players are falling over
2. Draw - once we get into the second half we are away more than home
3. Kids - wont be our saviour..not in the short term...we should stop talking that they will be
4. Kids - they will get tired come the second half of the draw
5. Gameplan - it is killing us currently....hopefully the coaching staff decided to let the players run rather than going defensive...if we get flogged so be it...but lets have a go.

In our favour

1. Melb / Rich / Freo - may stop us from being 15/16

i cant see us winning any of the next three,we will finish 13 to 15 i think,maybe just play the kids and see what happens,we have some talent playing in the two's,they just need to be given games

Only a fool would think that we'll fall thru the floor. With Boomer done.. I expect everyone to lift in his absence and put together a few heart warming upset results. Good enough to squeeze 10 (8 from the last 17) would be reasonable/ expected.
Why? Alot of other teams are not as good as the media makes 'em out to be. Surely North can't be that 'soft' to not give us something in hard times??

i can't see us finishing in the 8 so the lowere we finish the better. i don't think we can finish lower then melbourne and frementle so 14th is a big chance. maybe we can pick up couple of young kids who can can run and kick the ball . where ever we finish drafting midfielders should be main priority.

Bottom 5-6 I reckon. Just watched my $1000 on NM to make the final 8 disappear like a fart in the wind on Sat nite.:thumbsdown:
But somehow, the media will find it amazing that Laidley was able to get us to win more than 3 games with the HUGE injury toll we have suffered.

It is difficult to respond to this question without bashing laidley. Think we could finish somewhere around ninth or tenth with him gone immediately. Would give the players a real lift imo. I think we would definitely start beating the teams we were actually better than if he left. However, without Boomer that might not be as many as I had hoped for at the start of the year. If he stays, it will be 13-15th. I suppose it depends on whether we want to bottom out or not.

If you had asked me last week, i would have said no. But with boomer out for the year we are not going to be able to reach our full potential no matter who is coach so we might as well get a good pick (assuming this draft is uncompromised).

Dean, might as well stay and continue making everyone miserable at this point. At the least club wont lose face by sacking him early this way.

Watch for us to lift from here. We will finally throw caution to the wind and will amazingly take out 2 of the next 3 to restore some much needed confidence. This should set us up for a tilt at the lower half of the 8.

I'm not convinced we'll win 2 of the next 3 but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. It bothers me a fair bit that over the last 5-6 years we've been very conservative at times until our hand is forced.

Not sure we have the cattle to flick any magical switch. Even with Wells and Harvey our midfield is short on spark and with both injured, how do we mix it with even average midfields?

We have kicked 14 goals from open play all year. Let that stat mix around in your brain and tell me we can go on a scoring rampage against any side with our current injuries.

Not sure we have the cattle to flick any magical switch. Even with Wells and Harvey our midfield is short on spark and with both injured, how do we mix it with even average midfields?

We have kicked 14 goals from open play all year. Let that stat mix around in your brain and tell me we can go on a scoring rampage against any side with our current injuries.

I agree it's a very worrying stat, however most would probably have said the same thing about Richmond last week being able to turn it around :(.

I will say that I'm not convinced that the cattle are the biggest problem at the moment.

Our current situation is a bit like the Geelong game last year where we had half of weribee playing and almost got em. But its worse than that. difference is this year no boomer no wells no campbell no jws no hansen no nothing ****. no thommo no jones no grant no harris no sinclair aswell. were in trouble

Between 9th and 13th this year. Unless we can pull off some big upsets, I can't see us making the eight. Essendon and Carlton are playing much better footy than us, and we rarely beat Brisbane and Adelaide. So I don't like our chances. With Harvey gone, that has to open the door for Ross. Power and Thomas are concerns, but they won't be dropped given the injury list we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you see us finishing this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back