Which Carlton players are untouchable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree entirely with RK on Kreuzer.

He may not ever be the competition dominating superstar big man that many are probably automatically associating with being a number 1 pick (who knows at his age), but he IS a good (and on his day, very very good) player who has brilliant work ethic and team play, combined with hardness and heart that so much of our team lacks.
He's also already demonstrated great loyalty to the club.

Keep keep keep.

We have a massive issue at the moment in that we are using up to 3 run with players each week, Cachia + Curnow + Armfield. This is taking away from our own ability to run and carry through the middle of the ground. The Pies cut us up big time as everytime they came out of defence they had runners and options enabling easy entries into forward 50. obviously not having targets compounds this but we simply must have leg speed. I would put Yaz back to defence so he can run with Tex, bring in Menzel and Watson and Hendo becomes a lead up forward.
You can take your pick on whether Rowe or Mitchell plays as both are too slow for AFL footy.
At season's end anyone is tradable as we MUST get Boyd and also keep our 1st pick.

Agree entirely with RK on Kreuzer.

He may not ever be the competition dominating superstar big man that many are probably automatically associating with being a number 1 pick (who knows at his age), but he IS a good (and on his day, very very good) player who has brilliant work ethic and team play, combined with hardness and heart that so much of our team lacks.
He's also already demonstrated great loyalty to the club.

Keep keep keep.

I agree he should be one that is part of the long-term fabric but if another club made us an offer simply too good to refuse, the club would take without fail.

Imagine if GWS came to us and said we want Kreuzer and we'll give you #1, Jeremy Cameron & Adam Treloar, do you think Carlton would say 'no' ??

Never say never is all I'm saying.

I agree he should be one that is part of the long-term fabric but if another club made us an offer simply too good to refuse, the club would take without fail.

Imagine if GWS came to us and said we want Kreuzer and we'll give you #1, Jeremy Cameron & Adam Treloar, do you think Carlton would say 'no' ??

Never say never is all I'm saying.

Yeah but I don't think a trade like the one in your example is anything approaching likely ;)
Still, what the club do and what I think are probably two completely different things. But Swan has stated before that Kreuz is off the table...

Also in my views, I'm taking into account things like team fabric too. A team of champions doesn't necessarily make a champion team, so maybe I'm not as big on selling the farm to get a star player or two as some others.

Yeah but I don't think a trade like the one in your example is anything approaching likely ;)
Still, what the club do and what I think are probably too completely things. But Swan has stated before that Kreuz is off the table...

Also in my views, I'm taking into account things like team fabric too. A team of champions doesn't necessarily make a champion team, so maybe I'm not as big on selling the farm to get a star player or two as some others.

Wouldn't worry about Kreuzer since the club has said he is off limits already.

Still, what the club do and what I think are probably too completely things. But Swan has stated before that Kreuz is off the table...

Agree with all that, the make up of the team & the chemistry within it are what wins you a premiership.

There's probably half a dozen but the sooner Bryce Gibbs is no longer wearing navy blue the happier I will be. Particularly if the Crows give us something for him in return.
Perhaps you should go and sit in the dark with 40yearBLUE until they're gone.

Gibbs would still get a game for every side.

Perhaps you should go and sit in the dark with 40yearBLUE until they're gone.

Gibbs would still get a game for every side.
Until who's gone? I said we probably have half a dozen untouchables. So you can envisage a Gibbs trade but no-one else can? God, you're a flake.

There's probably half a dozen but the sooner Bryce Gibbs is no longer wearing navy blue the happier I will be. Particularly if the Crows give us something for him in return.

You know I don't mind Bryce, but It would not surprise me if he ended up at the Crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure he flies the flag. It's his useless throw it on the boot, up and under disposal that is his problem. No way is he an untouchable.
Correct, he might be better served to take his boot off and just throw it at the ball, his instinctive hack off the ground last week against the Swans that luckily landed on Walkers chest was his best kick for weeks.

Not even close to being untouchable, there is only Murphy, Henderson, Kreuzer, Walker, maybe Jamison Carrazzo, and Judd that I can come up with.

Would Crows give away Talia, Rutten, or even the Porpus or Gibbs?

Surely Robbo is an untouchable, he would be one of the first blokes I'd ask to fly the flag!!

Interesting one Robinson, realistically what sort of pick would he go for?

He seems like he could be anything from 25 to 50.........and if someone offered up 25.:cool:

or if we offered him to crazy Vossy, we could get a first rounder.

Not sure about walker being an untouchable, I'd have him on the trade table, just my opinion. Yes his in some form, but I'm starting to question some of his attack and decision making??

Interesting one Robinson, realistically what sort of pick would he go for?

He seems like he could be anything from 25 to 50.........and if someone offered up 25.:cool:

or if we offered him to crazy Vossy, we could get a first rounder.
Robbo has an upside on building a harder edge (mad dog Brown) to his frame, its why Vossy would grab him in a heartbeat, or Chocco Williams when coaching Port!! Adds more value I'd back Robbo to make that last tackle on the final second to win us a game than I would most of our playing list. It's who would handle finals pressure football. As much as I love this club we get ragged dolled to much. Out of our players who would survive in the cage fight against someone like Luke hodge there wouldn't be to many!! We just keep on getting monster by others clubs, it's why MM tells the players they must improve by getting stronger.

Opps I pressed the button before I finished. I wouldn't put Robbo on the table no-way! Walker would be my first, a few reasons 1. He wanted to leave a while back, 2. Experience player (value) 3. In great form this season. He would add good value to GWS backline or forward. I would also chuck in sugar given his a top ten pick and a ruck if it was kruz and a second round draft pick or warnock/hampson with a first round draft pick.

Hendo, Jamison, Judd, The no.1 picks, Walker + 10 year players (simpson, carrazzo etc)

These players are the framework of our side

We don't want to do a Melbourne and trade a host of players just for the sake of doing it.

We MUST trade one of the small forwards and ruckman, they are a surplus to our next successful team IMO and we must benefit from this.

We don't want to do a Melbourne and trade a host of players just for the sake of doing it.

We MUST trade one of the small forwards and ruckman, they are a surplus to our next successful team IMO and we must benefit from this.

Exactly! We shouldn't trade for the sake of trading, it needs to be targeted and systematic in order to improve our side. We have a surplus of small forwards, and ruckmen. Trade off one of each, plus draft picks and any fringe players we can get value for. Target our needs, a new quality key position player, and more midfield depth (easier said than done).

To answer the OP question...

None! As the team has consistently shown us, their is no heart or passion to play a good tough solid game and to play for the jumper and our brand, our history! There is no want! So if another team offers us a very good deal for any of our players then it should be considered no matter whom it it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Carlton players are untouchable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back