Which film is better-Fight Club or Vertigo

Which film is better: Fight Club or Vertigo

• Fight Club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know- never watched any of those films.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i can pm you.

Don't feel too you lost. Maybe next time.

Vertigo is a better film than Fight Club. Fact.
You can PM me, only thing it shows is that you're too gutless to say it here.

Secondly, how did I lose? As I said it's simply differing opinion on films. As a film nerd I've seen a lot of movies and my top 10 differs greatly from a lot of people, so does everyones. I'm failing to see how one can win or lose.

You can PM me, only thing it shows is that you're too gutless to say it here.

Secondly, how did I lose? As I said it's simply differing opinion on films. As a film nerd I've seen a lot of movies and my top 10 differs greatly from a lot of people, so does everyones. I'm failing to see how one can win or lose.

Too gutless? Was just a private message, matey. No need for insults.

Get over the fact that you lost.

i won. you lost.

Well to determine a winner we need Statistics:

Vertigo-11
Fight Club-29
Neither-2

So if you want to decide a winner, I'd say Fight Club, thus I, actually won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well according to Total Film, Fight Club is the 2nd best movie ever and Vertigo is the 82nd.

More fuel to the fire.

I'm suspecting that this thread is turning into a bit of a troll, but I have already had my little battle with Real so I'm washing my hands of it, bye.

well according to Total Film, Fight Club is the 2nd best movie ever and Vertigo is the 82nd.

More fuel to the fire.

I'm suspecting that this thread is turning into a bit of a troll, but I have already had my little battle with Real so I'm washing my hands of it, bye.

no vertigo 2nd, f club 3rd

More fuel to the fire.

If your alking about the top 100 film of all time magazine.
The new one is voted by the public that's why popular movies like Pirates of the caribean and X men 2 make the top 50. Last year they released a proper top 100 selected by a proper panel.
Fight Club was fourth, Vertigo was second.
For the record Goodfellas was number one.

It means absoluely nothing that I think Vertigo is one of the finest films ever made an that Fight Club was nothing short of awful.

The only reason I'm bothering with this thread is to state that it is a sad indictment on this forum that Vertigo is being treated in such a manner - no, being compared to Fight Club does not bother me, although (my opinions on their respective qualities aside) how those two films can have much of anything in common is beyond me.

No, instead I'm just disgusted that this is the sort of thread that passes for debate on these boards.

It demeans Vertigo and yes, as much as I hate the film, it demeans Fight Club too.

Rubbish thread.

It means absoluely nothing that I think Vertigo is one of the finest films ever made an that Fight Club was nothing short of awful.

The only reason I'm bothering with this thread is to state that it is a sad indictment on this forum that Vertigo is being treated in such a manner - no, being compared to Fight Club does not bother me, although (my opinions on their respective qualities aside) how those two films can have much of anything in common is beyond me.

No, instead I'm just disgusted that this is the sort of thread that passes for debate on these boards.

It demeans Vertigo and yes, as much as I hate the film, it demeans Fight Club too.

Rubbish thread.

they started it

You could have put Vertigo up against American Pie and got the same responses.

To Real, I don't know what you're on about. Stating that Vertigo is better than Fight Club as fact???!!! Are you delusional? It's all just opinions. I think you need to get over yourself. Most cineastes would agree that Vertigo is miles ahead but it doesn't mean it is because its subjective.

I voted Vertigo, as I love Hitchcock, but the thread starter is being a knob.

FC is an amazing film, the cinematography, lighting, editing even visual composition of the first half (yeah chrissy, I know something about films) is amazing, the start credits are perfect (the bit when the camera winds through his head), so if anyone has seen both, and yet calls FC better, I can understand that, it might have nothing to do with the film's ages, it might just be they like FC. Both movies are great in their own right, if someone votes for FC after seeing both, that's perfectly fair, Vertigo isn't god. It isn't even Hitchcock's best film. Vertigo is one of the best films of all time, yes. But to say that anyone who votes for FC doesn't know anything about old films is the height of film snobbery. Vertigo has flaws, believe it or not. It's too long for a start.

My favourite film is apocalypse now, which was released in 79, I'm not one of those noobs who only likes current films.

I voted Vertigo, as I love Hitchcock, but the thread starter is being a knob.

FC is an amazing film, the cinematography, lighting, editing even visual composition of the first half (yeah chrissy, I know something about films) is amazing, the start credits are perfect (the bit when the camera winds through his head), so if anyone has seen both, and yet calls FC better, I can understand that, it might have nothing to do with the film's ages, it might just be they like FC. Both movies are great in their own right, if someone votes for FC after seeing both, that's perfectly fair, Vertigo isn't god. It isn't even Hitchcock's best film. Vertigo is one of the best films of all time, yes. But to say that anyone who votes for FC doesn't know anything about old films is the height of film snobbery. Vertigo has flaws, believe it or not. It's too long for a start.

My favourite film is apocalypse now, which was released in 79, I'm not one of those noobs who only likes current films.

Why didnt I say that, agree with everything you said except you voted Vertigo which I can understand.

PS: wHICH DO THINK IS hITCHCOCKS BEST??? I like North by NW

Why didnt I say that, agree with everything you said except you voted Vertigo which I can understand.

Yes, North by Northwest is an excellent, five star film. Psycho, Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, The Birds, Marnie, Rebecca, Shadow of a Doubt, The 39 Steps. All good and plenty I've missed but I like Vertigo the most, it's my fave film along with two others.

I voted Vertigo simply because I thought the poll should be more even and because technically it is a better film, which is what the question asks. Yet I like FC better, and is higher in my favourite films than Vertigo. If the op had have asked which do you like, Vertigo or FC, I would have said FC. For a thriller, it is way too long, and the last 30 mins drag out for me. But technically, it is better. I think I have you confused with real, real's gone now so this is pissing in the wind. Voting for FC is no shame.

I voted Vertigo simply because I thought the poll should be more even and because technically it is a better film, which is what the question asks. Yet I like FC better, and is higher in my favourite films than Vertigo. If the op had have asked which do you like, Vertigo or FC, I would have said FC. For a thriller, it is way too long, and the last 30 mins drag out for me. But technically, it is better. I think I have you confused with real, real's gone now so this is pissing in the wind. Voting for FC is no shame.

FWIW Psycho is his best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which film is better-Fight Club or Vertigo

Back