Which Geelong potato did you think would be a star?

Remove this Banner Ad

On basis of potential to output, Steven (Stephen?) Reynoldson. Showed what he was capable of for half a game (a final against Collingwood, early 80s I think) and spudded in all other games.

Jared Jansen is my modern day nominee.

Speaking of Stevens, I nominate Steven Handley. Will never forget in the last quarter of the '95 grand final when he was standing in the goal square and instead of kicking the goal himself, he decided to handball to a teammate with an opponent right behind him. The handball got deflected and went through for a point. Summed that day up perfectly.

Speaking of Stevens, I nominate Steven Handley. Will never forget in the last quarter of the '95 grand final when he was standing in the goal square and instead of kicking the goal himself, he decided to handball to a teammate with an opponent right behind him. The handball got deflected and went through for a point. Summed that day up perfectly.

Also summed up Handley perfectly...

For me it's always Kane Tenance. When Bomber declared Tenace to be an "untouchable" from a trade-bait perspective (in 2006, I think), I thought this kid was going to be the next big thing

On basis of potential to output, Steven (Stephen?) Reynoldson. Showed what he was capable of for half a game (a final against Collingwood, early 80s I think) and spudded in all other games.

Jared Jansen is my modern day nominee.

Epitomised the old adage 'built like Tarzan, play like Jane'.

On the '95 and 2008 grand finals....

jedi_mind_tric_for_data.jpg

For me it's always Kane Tenance. When Bomber declared Tenace to be an "untouchable" from a trade-bait perspective (in 2006, I think), I thought this kid was going to be the next big thing
Tenace was an interesting one. Was so quick and used his pace when he first arrived. We bulked him up and he was never the same

Tenace was an interesting one. Was so quick and used his pace when he first arrived. We bulked him up and he was never the same
Right from the start, almost every time he'd run himself into dead ends, then spray it wildly, hitting anything and everything except the correct target.
Not surprising that you liked him, now I come to think of it.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sorted Dermie out at the Gabba one day.

I remember Bruce Doull absolutely embarrassing a young Stephen Reynoldson.
It was hard to watch.

Right from the start, almost every time he'd run himself into dead ends, then spray it wildly, hitting anything and everything except the correct target.
Not surprising that you liked him, now I come to think of it.:rolleyes:
Bomber knows more about footy than you ever will and he rated him very highly when he first played for geelong.

Given the way the club, coach and players continuously and consistently disappoint some here - even though it seems to be their core need - I’m almost convinced the whole place is nothing more than a potato farm.
Should relocate to Robertson, great potato farming climate and closer to Wagga, so I win on one front. Could do away with those expensive trainers, and just bury our recruits in the dirt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Geelong potato did you think would be a star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back