Which MLB team do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Which MLB baseball team do you follow?

Still yet to decide but I've narrowed it down to New York Mets (David Wright), Seattle Mariners (Ichiro and KG Jnr returning) and Milwaukee Brewers (Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun).

Lol- you're like the guys in the MLB ad on One HD. May I suggest the Dodgers as your team. We have Manny- and that's always a plus.

Toronto Blue Jays. Have been up here in T.O for the past 18 months and have been lucky enough to fall in love with the game of baseball. 9 dollar tickets will do that to you....Oh and Roy Halladay doesnt hurt your chances either.

Yankees have been the team i've followed for years, because they were the team that always seemed to be shown. Besides, i've been a Knick fan forever so it kinda followed the NY trend. Went to the new stadium and saw them win their first ever game there in April which was awesome. I'm moving to New Jersey before next season so i'll hopefully head into Manhattan at least for a few games each year.
My missus is a Phillies fan, because she's from South Jersey, about 40 mins outside of the city of brotherly love. So i guess i'm going to have a soft spot for them too.

If someone had of asked me 6 months ago i prob would of said the Red Sox even though i didnt have that keen an interest in the game, however after living in Toronto for a while have fallen for the Jays, nothing beats sitting in the sun at the ball game with a $12 beer :D. oh and Roy Halladay.

Have tickets to see the Sox at Fenway in August though so that may just reignite my interest in Red Sox Nation.

Just getting into the sport now after getting both Foxtel and OneHD.

Decided to follow the Baltimore Orioles, no real reason really, just didn't want to jump on one of the BIG clubs but hopefully they still get some airtime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still weighing up which team I want to follow. Narrowed it down to the White Sox, Indians, Angels, Dodgers, Blue Jays or Giants. So far the Angels are the front-runners.

Red Sox

Angels would be my second fav

Well at least you are guaranteed one team to progress through to the ALCS! :)

Mets obviously....... God knows why though! I have a soft spot for the Red Sox after being at Fenway last year. Awesome place :thumbsu:

Try as I might I still cannot hate the Yankees. Although I know I should I really enjoy watching them play. They have such a well rounded team.

I will be supporting the Sox and anyone playing the Phillies in this post season!

Angels are my baby. I grew up a Ken Griffey Jnr fanatic and stayed with the Mariners even after he left the team. I became an Ichiro fan.

First travelled to the USA in April of 2002. Couldn't make it to Seattle for a Mariners home game so I decided to go to an Angels game in Anaheim. Was a boring game as all of the runs came in the first inning (4-0 Angels over Blue Jays) but the management treated me exceptionally well. As a lot of us do in Australia when going to NRL / AFL games I took a backpack with a bottle of soda and a couple of sandwiches. As it was right after 9/11/01 the security was incredibly tight and backpacks were (and still are) NOT allowed into any sporting stadiums. My hotel was half an hour away and the game started in a little over an hour and a half. The tickets were in my friend's name but they allowed me to get them (ordered on his credit card for me) and when I tried to get in I was told to go back to my hotel. Management came out and lead me to their front office area. Not only did they take care of my backpack but because i couldn't get access to my food they ended up giving me like $30 in vouchers for the food stands and a gift shop certificate of $50 (I got some nice Angels stuff to take home with me). They also had one of the best firework displays post game that I have ever seen. It was so much better than the legendary one at Disneyland that I saw the following evening (their 'biggest of the week'). I was fortunate to meet Troy Glaus and Garrett Anderson while I was staying in Anaheim and they were both outstanding guys (sadly neither is with the team anymore). From that night on I was hooked as an Angels fan for life.

In August 2005 when I was working with another sport's professional organization I was able to go to another Angels game that was pre-planned. This time I was able to meet Vladimir Guerrero (who was at the time my favorite player on the Angels) and a couple of other players. Vlad gave me a personalized bat with his autograph on it (which I will always treasure) and it was simply an awesome experience. The game was right after Rafael Palmeiro's drug announcements and so the game was a heated one. The Angels ended up winning by more than ten runs, Vlad hit two homers with several others and it was another outstanding night out at the ballpark.

After working for a classy professional sports organization in the United States I can honestly tell you that there aren't many teams anywhere in the entire world that treat their fans and spectators (even those of the opposition) half as well as the Los Angeles Angels. Angel Stadium (formerly Edison International Field) is truly one of the most beautiful in the MLB (especially the massive water feature) and almost every seat is an awesome seat to watch baseball. If you're ever planning to travel to Los Angeles and want to take in a baseball game then there is no better way to do it than by going to an Angels game. I like the Ravine (Dodger's ballpark) but it's no where near as well put together as the Angels stadium.

Angels are my baby. I grew up a Ken Griffey Jnr fanatic and stayed with the Mariners even after he left the team. I became an Ichiro fan.

First travelled to the USA in April of 2002. Couldn't make it to Seattle for a Mariners home game so I decided to go to an Angels game in Anaheim. Was a boring game as all of the runs came in the first inning (4-0 Angels over Blue Jays) but the management treated me exceptionally well. As a lot of us do in Australia when going to NRL / AFL games I took a backpack with a bottle of soda and a couple of sandwiches. As it was right after 9/11/01 the security was incredibly tight and backpacks were (and still are) NOT allowed into any sporting stadiums. My hotel was half an hour away and the game started in a little over an hour and a half. The tickets were in my friend's name but they allowed me to get them (ordered on his credit card for me) and when I tried to get in I was told to go back to my hotel. Management came out and lead me to their front office area. Not only did they take care of my backpack but because i couldn't get access to my food they ended up giving me like $30 in vouchers for the food stands and a gift shop certificate of $50 (I got some nice Angels stuff to take home with me). They also had one of the best firework displays post game that I have ever seen. It was so much better than the legendary one at Disneyland that I saw the following evening (their 'biggest of the week'). I was fortunate to meet Troy Glaus and Garrett Anderson while I was staying in Anaheim and they were both outstanding guys (sadly neither is with the team anymore). From that night on I was hooked as an Angels fan for life.

In August 2005 when I was working with another sport's professional organization I was able to go to another Angels game that was pre-planned. This time I was able to meet Vladimir Guerrero (who was at the time my favorite player on the Angels) and a couple of other players. Vlad gave me a personalized bat with his autograph on it (which I will always treasure) and it was simply an awesome experience. The game was right after Rafael Palmeiro's drug announcements and so the game was a heated one. The Angels ended up winning by more than ten runs, Vlad hit two homers with several others and it was another outstanding night out at the ballpark.

After working for a classy professional sports organization in the United States I can honestly tell you that there aren't many teams anywhere in the entire world that treat their fans and spectators (even those of the opposition) half as well as the Los Angeles Angels. Angel Stadium (formerly Edison International Field) is truly one of the most beautiful in the MLB (especially the massive water feature) and almost every seat is an awesome seat to watch baseball. If you're ever planning to travel to Los Angeles and want to take in a baseball game then there is no better way to do it than by going to an Angels game. I like the Ravine (Dodger's ballpark) but it's no where near as well put together as the Angels stadium.

That's a pretty good story. Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which MLB team do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back