Which of the top team's are you most/least worried about?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we can sort the backline out during the year we'll get geelong I'm very confident. Must admit the blues are looking very good. Kreuzer looks fantastic for them. Of course the eagles in perth will be a massive test.

Kangas..Always trouble us..
Blues.. Could be their year..
Cats..No Comment...:mad:
Weagles..Over there they will win, over here we will win.. so its even.
Saints..Same as Kangas
Swans..Same as Kangas.

If we played the Blues now im confident we will beat them.. but if we play them later on in the year then i am a bit worried...

Still don't rate Carlton that highly. They beat a decimated Collingwood who had two players unavailable through injury during the game. I would rate Carlton a lot higher if they had Josh J. Kennedy lining up for goals 40 metres out instead of Chris Judd running through the midfield. Had Carlton found a way to trade for Judd without losing Kennedy, they would be a great team, but in reality, their forward line is mediocre. I don't rate Betts or Garlett in finals as you don't kick goals through small forwards.

I'm rating the Eagles much more highly than the Blues and Saturday night will be a very big test for the Hawks.

I don't rate Carlton at all. They have a game style that is very beatable in finals when the heat is on. Who knows what Collingwood will do, probably nothing. Not worried about Geelong. They may knock us off by a couple of points in minor round games, but we'll take them in finals, I've no doubt about that. The x-factor for me is West Coast, they worry me more than the others. Will be very interested to see what happenes this weekend.

Probably most worried about West Coast at the moment. Although, bit hard to tell as they haven't really been tested this season. Very eager to see how we go against them this weekend.

The thing that worries me most is I can't see any other team that will have the expectations placed on them to win it all in 2012 like the Hawks.

Most worried: All of West Coast, Sydney and Fremantle at home. Not worried when we play them in Melbourne/Aurora.

Least worried: Carlton, because of our recent record against them.

Very frustrating to admit that West Coast in Perth are too good for us. Even when they were shit (2010 and 2009), we played terribly over there. We managed to bust through several hoodoos in 2011, so hopefully we can do something this week. We are more than capable of beating them if our midfield fires and backs support each other.

Least worried: Carlton (we still owe them years of pain - Karma must continue to prevail for at least another 5 seasons)

KOLOKOTRONIS

West Coast over there, coz you play against a decent team, 3 umpires and an insanely parochial crowd. Think we'd have them covered over here (we'll find out later this year).
Crows at AAMI, ditto the above, although slightly less pronounced. DEFINITELY have them covered here.
Swans in Sydney. Tough, very tough.
I would MUCH rather play Pies or Dons in Melbourne than any of the above at their homes.
Cats? I'll check back after round 19. If they do us yet again I'd be extremely concerned come finals time, even though they're in decline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really worry about other teams, I worry about Hawthorn.

At the end of the day, our results and successes are dependent on what we do, no one else, and so I consume myself with how we are setting up, how we compete, how we handle our rotations, who is playing what role and everything that ultimately decides a games outcom(from the players through to the coaches).

Kangas..Always trouble us..
Blues.. Could be their year..
Cats..No Comment...:mad:
Weagles..Over there they will win, over here we will win.. so its even.
Saints..Same as Kangas
Swans..Same as Kangas.

If we played the Blues now i'm confident we will beat them.. but if we play them later on in the year then i am a bit worried...

I have changed my opinion from back to when i posted this..
The only team that worries me is the Hawthorn team its self. If we play to our best then we are unbeatable, if we have the right attitude and desire to win then we can go all the way regardless of who we play...

I have changed my opinion from back to when i posted this..
The only team that worries me is the Hawthorn team its self. If we play to our best then we are unbeatable, if we have the right attitude and desire to win then we can go all the way regardless of who we play...

I know I am going to cop it for this, but the same old issues are still lingering and I can see our backline letting us down again when it counts...throw a couple of big strong talls in their and we get exposed. Our saving grace in this department??...hodge finding fitness, thrown in the back half and told to stay put for the rest of the year, as well as Gilham finding some form and holding down the FB position. Although he has improved a great deal, I still dont think Shoey is up to it come finals time.

I know I am going to cop it for this, but the same old issues are still lingering and I can see our backline letting us down again when it counts...throw a couple of big strong talls in their and we get exposed. Our saving grace in this department??...hodge finding fitness, thrown in the back half and told to stay put for the rest of the year, as well as Gilham finding some form and holding down the FB position. Although he has improved a great deal, I still dont think Shoey is up to it come finals time.

That is fair enough, but on Friday night it was not our back line that was the problem but our attitude once were were up by a few goals, for eg.. Roughie fluffing a easy pass to a team mate that turned it over and other players trying not to be too selfish and going for goal and rather chose to pass it on to a team mate on a few occasions. Young mising 3 easy shots by rushing when he had plenty of time.
Our attitude is our biggest problem not our back line...
If we stop trying to be too cute and just play normal we will go along way...

Worries about Collingwood. That is all.

Would love to play Essendon or Adelaide in finals as they would almost be classed as "easybeats" for a fit and firing Hawthorn.

Certainly wouldn't write off West Coast or Sydney, especially away. Moreso Sydney. The only thing holding Sydney back is their forwardline (or lack thereof)

Collingwood/Sydney/Essendon have midfields capable of destroying us.

Geelong just because that's what they do.

Adelaide & West Coast on their home turf would be tough.

In short everyone except for North is a threat.

Im not gonna lie, Im worried about Bombers, Geelong and Sydney.
Bombers at the G is a different story but at Etihad they are a very good team.
Sydney are a good team and always dangerous.
Every time we play Geelong my confidence gets built up (mainly from the forum) that we will beat them but they have a massive mental advantage over our team it is ridiculous.
If we blow a 3/4 time lead against them one more time ill throw up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which of the top team's are you most/least worried about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back