Which player will stamp themselves on the competition in 08?

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a lot of rubbish answers in here.

I mean, Warnock to do what Gary Ablett did?

We're talking about a backup ruckmen to one of the best ruckmen in the game stamping himself as one of the top 5 players in the league? Very very unlikely.

Some good answers.

I'd love to see Didak do it. Hodge was another good one.

Trav Johnstone is an outside chance.

Luke Hodge - will be right up there in the best 3 midfielders next year imho
Priddis - showed this year with cousins out that when he gets the chance he's awsome. no judd, and probably no cousins = he'll really step up
Marc Murphy - as mentioned, won't be getting tagged

Travis Johnstone is set for a big one without the task of overcoming the tagger he gets each week. Running around with Black, Lappin, Power & Adcock will assure him that he's not going to be the number one target of the opposition.

The thing holding him back is his disposal, mid-season he had sorted it out, then after is injury he was worse than ever.

Pagan never focused him on extra skills development, and Ratten has done so, If he can fix his disposal he could be better than any of those mentioned in here.

He is faster, stronger, can jump higher and a better mark. Same mould as Kouta and Superman:p

Expecting heaps from AW next year and agree with all that Murph will be
1] better from the experience of being the #1 midfielder this year and copping it week in week out and
2] having quality support in Judd and Stevo, both taking the "better" taggers, will allow him that bit more feedom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

matthew leuenberger

Should play plenty of games next season with Wood gone (was probably already ahead of Wood anyway).

Will probably be subbed for Beau McDonald on occassion to give him a rest, but yeah, Leuey would be worth a punt for Rising Star next year.

Should play plenty of games next season with Wood gone (was probably already ahead of Wood anyway).

Will probably be subbed for Beau McDonald on occassion to give him a rest, but yeah, Leuey would be worth a punt for Rising Star next year.

How many games did he play in 07? I saw 2 and he looked awesome for a first year

Koschitzke and Gram seem on the verge of it next year.

I'd like Dal Santo to step up a notch and play like Gary Ablett next year or even as a matchwinner at Half Forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player will stamp themselves on the competition in 08?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back