• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I also find it amusing that WCE fans are highlighting how incomparable teams are from round 1 to finals. Whilst I agree with that sentiment, it kinda destroys their whole “we beat you in round 9 in 2018 therefore we’ll have you covered in 2020” argument.

I'm not convinced that Brisbane would of done that. round 1 always gets the occasional upset.
to be fair round 1 always has its fair share of upsets. You gotta see this as a neutral.

Some teams struggle at 1st half and play their best footy in the 2nd half like Richmond. Other teams have a good 1st half and struggle in the 2nd half like cats in 2019 and Freo in 2015
At the time it may have been considered an upset to some. Looking back over the course of the year based on where both teams finished it wasn’t.

Nobody said they don't matter but you're an idiot if you think a team playing in round 1 is comparable to round 23.
Especially when 1 team is coming off a GF while the other missed the finals so had an extra 4 weeks to be prepared

At the time it may have been considered an upset to some. Looking back over the course of the year based on where both teams finished it wasn’t.

Lions finished 1 game ahead with a much easier draw. They then went out in a whimper in straight sets. So no, not really. I expect Lions will face an up hill battle this year to make top 4.

Last edited:
I'm not even a West coast fans but I think West coast will finish higher than Brisbane. I expect both teams to make the finals.
Lions finished 1 game ahead with a much easier draw. They then went out in a whimper in straight sets. So no, not really. I expect Lions will face an up hill battle this year to make top 4.
I was not debating who will finish higher this year. By the way I am sure you got that wrong last year. I was referring to the fact that when two teams close in ability compete, as was confirmed over the season, a home win for one shouldn’t be classed an upset.
Lions beating Giants away was more like an upset.

Last edited:
Saying “went out in a wimper in straight sets” understates the Lions season, where they came from and is a disrespectful opposition comment but that’s the approach you choose to take.

The Richmond Premiership and their supporters have really gotten to you some of you guys haven’t they?

Although I was disappointed, the Lions played in their first finals series for 11 years with a young list and were beaten by both Grand Finalists.
I enjoyed (most of) the season and am prepared to take some positives out of it and look forward to seeing my team in 2020.
I am sure Lions and Eagles will have many good battles to come in the next few year’s and not too many would be classed “upsets” at the winner’s home ground.

As much as I dislike west coast, I disagree.

Even bh90210fan will agree to this. That Brisbane side you knocked off at the Gabba was the least experienced and weakest Brisbane side to play finals. Hell the Brisbane side in 1995 that lost to Carlton at least had Roger Merrett and Michael McClean as experienced players. Not saying tiger's were crap, far from it. They were good and efficient. Reminded me if hawks beating Freo in the 2015 prelim final in Perth.

So yeah west coast would of probably beaten Brisbane easily.
Got me all wrong there, maniac. Any side hosting a game in a final starts favourites in my book

Brisbane would’ve been a very tough ask for us last year and I’m sure the experience they gained from playing finals will hold them in good stead for a big year coming

Saying “went out in a wimper in straight sets” understates the Lions season, where they came from and is a disrespectful opposition comment but that’s the approach you choose to take.

The Richmond Premiership and their supporters have really gotten to you some of you guys haven’t they?

Although I was disappointed, the Lions played in their first finals series for 11 years with a young list and were beaten by both Grand Finalists.
I enjoyed (most of) the season and am prepared to take some positives out of it and look forward to seeing my team in 2020.
I am sure Lions and Eagles will have many good battles to come in the next few year’s and not too many would be classed “upsets” at the winner’s home ground.

Don't be so sensitive, mate. They did go out with a whimper in straight sets. If sugar coating things is your preference then your probably on the wrong board. Don't really get the Richmond comment either, how does it relate?

My point was, and don't get upset, was that Brisbanes easy draw inflated where they finished, hence their bad finals showing. You okay?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also find it amusing that WCE fans are highlighting how incomparable teams are from round 1 to finals. Whilst I agree with that sentiment, it kinda destroys their whole “we beat you in round 9 in 2018 therefore we’ll have you covered in 2020” argument.
Yeah, well we beat the team which took only a quarter of football to put you on the canvas in a prelim. To go along with flogging you by 8 goals already and not losing a single game in Melbourne all year.

Yeah, well we beat the team which took only a quarter of football to put you on the canvas in a prelim. To go along with flogging you by 8 goals already and not losing a single game in Melbourne all year.
Lol what’s your point? You think these results somehow prove you’re better than us? Very impressive reach there. You don’t have to go as far back as 2018 to help you gauge who is better out of Richmond and WCE. You could use the most recent season, or does that make too much sense?

Only one team is the reigning premiers and it’s not your team lol.

Lol what’s your point? You think these results somehow prove you’re better than us? Very impressive reach there. You don’t have to go as far back as 2018 to help you gauge who is better out of Richmond and WCE. You could use the most recent season, or does that make too much sense?

only one team earns their premierships and it's not your team lol

Oops, sorry thought you were referencing the 2018 gf. Jumped the gun there so yes, 2018 has little relevance to this season and I can’t recall anyone stating otherwise so you’re just making shit up again

Oops, sorry thought you were referencing the 2018 gf. Jumped the gun there so yes, 2018 has little relevance to this season and I can’t recall anyone stating otherwise so you’re just making shit up again
I’m sure you can’t recall lots of things, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.

I’m sure you can’t recall lots of things, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.
Show us a single post claiming a game in round 9, 2018 makes us a better side than Richmond this year. It’s not an argument made by any West Coast poster I’ve come across

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team list would you least want?

Back