Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows have zero decent young prospects, they are still reliant on the old brigade.
They are in for a world of hurt when Tex retires, as the other tall forwards there are complete trash.
Zero? The ****?

Soligo, Rankine, Micgelanney, Fog, Thilthorpe, Rachel, Pedlar, Curtin....

Hawks are up and about and I still think we have better young talent but come on man, zero?!

Also, Fogarty (23) and Thilthorpe (20) are far from 'complete trash'.

I actually thinkits on Nicks. I think their list is pretty good and doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as North, he's a shit coach

Zero? The ****?

Soligo, Rankine, Micgelanney, Fog, Thilthorpe, Rachel, Pedlar, Curtin....

Hawks are up and about and I still think we have better young talent but come on man, zero?!

Also, Fogarty (23) and Thilthorpe (20) are far from 'complete trash'.

I actually thinkits on Nicks. I think their list is pretty good and doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as North, he's a shit coach

Fogarty is 25 this year.

One of the best goal kickers in the comp but despite his size he seems to have enormous issues getting the ball. Once he has it, its likely a goal.

Insane was thinking you were AFL level cos you beat WCE at home.
Honestly I’m so sick of your bs dribble, guys like you and syl are the reason non-hawks fans have stopped posting in here.

You have interest in discussing players earnestly. You use bogus criteria to undersell oppo players without applying it your own players , and then shift the goalposts when that stops working .

Claiming Adelaide have zero young talent on one game is objectively stupid.

Last edited:

Our senior players are awful apart from Tex & Dawson who both had injuries today, Laird & Crouch for example are nothing but stat padders stalling our rebuild

Lol, By half time we're missing 3 of our best 4 tall forwards, Wasn't even the reason we lost
You got smashed in the inside 50 count. Tall forwards weren’t your issue considering you kicked a decent score from the number of entries you had.

Honestly I’m so sick of your bs dribble, guys like you and syl are the reason non-hawks fans have stopped posting in here.

You have interest in discussing players earnestly. You use bogus criteria to undersell oppo players without applying it your own players , and then shift the goalposts when that stops working .

Claiming Adelaide have zero young talent on one game is objectively stupid, and you’re an embarrassment to hawks for agreeing with it.

Did I say zero?

Look up 1 post. I just talked up Fogarty. My comment was on the reaction to beating WCE. It was way over the top for what it was.

We flogged the Roos by 100 points last year and I dont think a single Hawk supporter thought it meant anything about our performance. Just the lack of Roos performance.

Did I say zero?

Look up 1 post. I just talked up Fogarty. My comment was on the reaction to beating WCE. It was way over the top for what it was.

We flogged the Roos by 100 points last year and I dont think a single Hawk supporter thought it meant anything about our performance. Just the lack of Roos performance.
You flogged the Roos by 100 points?
8 goals at a rate 12.5 per goal?

I don't really see how Tex retiring is going to help Fogarty.

He's struggling to beat the 2nd defender as it is.

The Fog has always been a solid second or third tall.

There’s pages of melts around that point in this thread. There’s no shame in being a good second banana either, but the fans on here need a pretend spearhead instead apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very far from 'complete trash'

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Great second tall option, who is definitely a reliable goal kicker. He's not Jack Gunston, but he has attributes that make him valuable.

With the smalls around him when they're at full strength, that is enough too.

They just need that true, key forward to join Fog when Texas is done.

Last edited:
Lol, By half time we're missing 3 of our best 4 tall forwards, Wasn't even the reason we lost

We didn't have an established key forward, but managed to get by on an aging third tall and some good smalls, with an assist from a ruck forward and 6 gamer.

At least your best tall was on the park for half a game though, it allowed your team to try and play the way you guys wanted to play.

In the end winging it proved a stronger option, though the foot probably came off the gas a little by then too.

Last edited:
Fogarty is 25 this year.

One of the best goal kickers in the comp but despite his size he seems to have enormous issues getting the ball. Once he has it, its likely a goal.

Goal kickers, or kicks for goal?

Fogarty is usually a beautiful kick for goal, but one of the best goal kickers in the competition, he most certainly is not.

Since be 'broke out' in 2022, he's only just scraping into the top 30 for goals kicked in that time frame...and very likely to be overtaken by a fair few by the time the season ends.

Claiming Adelaide have zero young talent on one game is objectively stupid, and you’re an embarrassment to hawks for agreeing with it.
You are a crashing bore...

You got smashed in the inside 50 count. Tall forwards weren’t your issue considering you kicked a decent score from the number of entries you had.
They kicked a decent score because we were setup overly aggressive behind the ball because we were dominating. Once it got through we were out of position. Guys like Burgess had decent games because of it. Not saying he's a spud. I daresay had the game been closer we would have had a more defensive mindset across the 4 qtrs. The margin flattered the Crows.

They kicked a decent score because we were setup overly aggressive behind the ball because we were dominating. Once it got through we were out of position. Guys like Burgess had decent games because of it. Not saying he's a spud. I daresay had the game been closer we would have had a more defensive mindset across the 4 qtrs. The margin flattered the Crows.
1st half was an example of a well structured defensive setup and they struggled to penetrate.

Goal kickers, or kicks for goal?

Fogarty is usually a beautiful kick for goal, but one of the best goal kickers in the competition, he most certainly is not.

Since be 'broke out' in 2022, he's only just scraping into the top 30 for goals kicked in that time frame...and very likely to be overtaken by a fair few by the time the season ends.

Kick at goal. Langford from the Bombers is similar. If he gets the ball its highly likely to be a goal, but he doesnt get it enough to be a dominant forward.

Dylan Moore similar this year. 11.1 from set shots I think.

Must suck to know I was bang on about Crows being too reliant on your older players heading into 2024.

Were you one of the Crows posters that got upset when I posted my ladder prediction with Crows missing finals, hmmm?

Fancy having a winge on a forum about opinions

Kinda sad

Think you are being harsh on SYL, he’s just an optimistic fan, every club has them, every club needs them. From what I’ve seen, they have never said anything that is beyond possibility, certainly glass half full though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back