Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there some other thread you can troll in?

Everyone, bar you, understands what he means. Yes, his opinions are biased. He is hardly alone there.

How am I trolling by suggesting it's a bit extreme to be suggesting Mitchell Lewis is a potential superstar?

I like the player. But at 26 it should be argued that he doesn't have any relevance to this thread at all.

How am I trolling by suggesting it's a bit extreme to be suggesting Mitchell Lewis is a potential superstar?

I like the player. But at 26 it should be argued that he doesn't have any relevance to this thread at all.
To be fair he is younger than Ben McKay which was the age limit of youth as told by North supporters until strangely this season

You are trolling by going on and on about it. Everyone on here knows this poster has a very optimistic view of his team's players. Let it go.

Star/Superstar…. Meh.

Let’s get back to LoBu putting up a list of players that he thinks either have or will peak and leave Hawthorn middling out.

No. I've been really clear all throughout.

Mitch Lewis is not a superstar and at 26 the only thing that may make you think otherwise or that he could become one is a vibe.

A vibe that - strangely enough - isn't afforded to other players who have produced just as much, if not more, yet don't wear Hawthorn colours.

Imagine my shock!

Yikes. Just admit you completely missed the point, Dom. Or, you know, bring up Josh Ward again and chase that tail.

Zoomies Spinning GIF by Impact Dog Crates
Listed other players at other clubs relevant to the thread if you want to scroll. You’re confused and lost. It’s not biased because you’re not knowledgeable enough.

You are so confused even your own point isn’t articulated correctly. Well done.

Is there some other thread you can troll in?

Everyone, bar you, understands what he means. Yes, his opinions are biased. He is hardly alone there.
The opinion isn’t biased because it’s subjective. It’s subjective with a moving goal post to who you ask, and how you define it. As mentioned earlier.

How I define superstars is different to you maybe and my assessment comparatively to this. Brought up other players from the Crows and North as examples also, which is again the fact the point isn’t about bias.

People just scream bias to those who they disagree with or don’t understand the point, which was this case, it’s not to say I don’t have biases, everyone does, but it is to say just because you don’t understand something or you disagree with something, doesn’t make it automatically about bias.

Listed other players at other clubs relevant to the thread if you want to scroll. You’re confused and lost. It’s not biased because you’re not knowledgeable enough.

You are so confused even your own point isn’t articulated correctly. Well done.

Mate look at what other posters are saying about you, Hawthorn supporters included. You are hopelessly biased and it is simply ignorant to try and suggest otherwise.

I'm out. This has gone on long enough.

I did ask him but he didn’t answer :(
Sorry flat out in real life too do my mid year Hawthorn list management review.

If i had to, I'd personally start with your A grade list and work my way down.

I'm not convinced your superstar list can improve that much either :grimacing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry flat out in real life too do my mid year Hawthorn list management review.

If i had to, I'd personally start with your A grade list and work my way down.

I'm not convinced your superstar list can improve that much either :grimacing:
Will day has hit his peak? Woah news to me

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team. Stop trolling!

I agree with you that his ratings were generous and pretty optimistic for the future.

I do think, though, that Lewis' career to date has somewhat mirrored that of Charlie Curnow. I'm not suggesting it will turn out as well as it did with Curnow - but up until Curnow was 25, he had only kicked over 20 goals once in his career, with a season high of 34 goals (in 20 games). He'd never averaged close to 2 goals a game. He was injury prone but whenever he was fit, he showed signs of great potential, often taking games by the scruff of the neck and doing damage all over the ground before again succumbing to injury. Now, finally injury free, he is the definition of a superstar.

Lewis is now 25 and he too is constantly succumbing to injury, having never played more than 15 games in a season. When fit, however, he has looked very good. Roaming the ground, taking contested marks and kicking goals. In fact, he has kicked 37 goals and 36 goals from 15 game seasons the last 2 years, from a bottom 4 team. To put that into perspective, we are about 15 rounds in now and those tallies would put him 3rd in the Coleman. In fact, he was leading the Coleman in 2022 before his first injury and had the highest goal average in the league after 15 rounds before injury struck again and he was eventually sent for surgery.

He may never get the continuity that Curnow found and is unlikely to reach his level but he has shown the ability to be a very good forward when fully fit, with much higher goal averages the last few years than the likes of Darcy Fogarty (or even Curnow before he was 25 and started playing full seasons).

Why not reconvene the Mitch Lewis part of this thread in a few weeks and see if he has confirmed any potential superstar status. Don’t think I’d be holding my breath on that one though, he’d have to come back a completely reinvented player and kick several bags to pursuade me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back