Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

God this thread is atrocious, the fact it has a part two is honestly insane. The funniest part is that Adelaide supporters have just fully checked out of this thread and all that remains is the same 10 Hawthorn and North supporters arguing over nothing

We’ll go from comparing best Under 23 combined team now, to best Under 26 in 2027.

Bbau GIF by Big Brother Australia

Thread has been going on so long that Lewis and Larkey aren't even 'youth' anymore.

Why don't we compare Calsher Dear to... to um... checks NM website... what's a 'Finnbar Maley'?

Dear v “Failed Forward” Comben*

*stats for Comben’s 1st 8 games

Disposals 6 Dear 8 Comben

Marks 2.8 Dear 2.6 Comben

Goals 1.1 Dear 0.6 Comben

Behinds 0.5 Dear 1.1 Comben

Tackles 2.5 Dear 3.1 Comben

Right, so you are comparing Comben's:
  • 1 game in his 1st season (2021) when he was already 20 years old,
  • 1 game in his 2nd season (2022), and
  • 6 games in his 3rd season (2023) - a season in which he played a total of 7 games
To Calsher's 8 games played in his 1st season as an 18 year old key forward.

You might need to re-think this one.

Pretty danning.

At least we know if Dear fails as a forward like Comb, we can also try to move him back.

• 6 games in his 3rd season (2023) - a season in which he played a total of 7 games

Dears been talked up a fair bit media wise (I think? Maybe I’ve made this up) so it’s probably a comparison the other way that Chom wasn’t that bad as a forward?
I dunno, I’m not very good at the school yard level bickering these days.

Anyway my 2 cents fwiw (nothing)
I liked chom forward, I thought he pressured well and presented well but couldn’t kick for shit between the big sticks which is the most important bit.

Clarko tends to think that long term his role is still to go forward and maybe he will, but gee to the eye he looks a natural down back. This happens sometimes and it doesn’t have to be because someone “failed” as a forward. You can just be better elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

Everyone always looking for ways to hang shit on people, it’s ****ing exhausting

Sweet I’ll do it just off their 1st season so Comben averages a goal per game?

The point was that Comben was doing fine forward. Just needed to clean up his goal kicking.

I just found it funny that he tried to compare basically a 22 year old 'forward' against an 18 year old forward... when the 18 year old had averaged more marks and more goals per game...
well yeah it’s not really a comparison I’d try to make but again I think it’s been misinterpreted
The point was that Comben was doing fine forward. Just needed to clean up his goal kicking.

As I suspected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have a $900k x 6 year deal on the table for Battle, so you tell me.
Banging an extra 100k a year onto a contract offer to make it sound worse than it is is very disingenuous.

Also, 800k is the new norm for solid players with a 30% increase in the cap over the next 2 years.

Happy to pay that price to release Weddle into the midfield more.

Calling Comben a failed forward is a bit of revisionism. If anything he's a succeeded defender, the plan was to play him at CHB just to get his body right because of all the injuries he got playing forward, but now he's way, way better as a backman than anyone expected, solved a huge problem for us, and it's hard to move him forward as planned.

I like how North almost winning some games has their fans up and about. Low bar.
It’s funny, eh.

Meanwhile those Crows fans who wanted to pretend like their 2023 formline wasn’t on the back of their old heads can’t seem to find this thread anymore? 😂

Oh damn.

You should of had your medicine.

Remember those posts of Psicosis that left Lewis out of a list that you cross posted to every North thread on the main board hanging shit on him and kept coming back to over and over again for almost year? Hilarious wasn't it?

Hilarious thing was he ended up way closer to the mark than you :tearsofjoy:

Thilthorpe, McKay, Larkey, Comben probably all will have better careers than Lewis in all liklihood. In fact his biggest miss of all things on that list was how much he overrated DGB.

There is a search function mate. You are the king of gaslighting.

i can't quote them as the threads locked, but lots of love for the search function. Enjoy. That took me all of 5 seconds and I can go deeper if you want?

View attachment 2038703

View attachment 2038704

View attachment 2038705

View attachment 2038706

View attachment 2038707

View attachment 2038708

View attachment 2038709

View attachment 2038710

View attachment 2038711

View attachment 2038712

View attachment 2038713

View attachment 2038714

View attachment 2038725
🚨 ATTENTION! UPDATED LIST 🚨

1. Larkey - All Australian. 70+ Goal Forward. By far the most career goals to date. Laughable that this guy was compared to player x & y player. Top of the list for good reason.
2. McKay - As much as it pains me to say it, he is clear second and his contract reflects that. I'm confident that he will get leap frogged by Comben within the next 12 months (Stats could argue he already has).
3. Comben - The big riser, one of the biggest improvers in the competition.
4. Butts - A really solid footballer. Great 1 on 1 defender. Body has let him down a bit. Not convinced he has much upside compared to the others.
5. Thilthorpe - Really unfortunate run of injuries. Looks to have added some serious size, but not playing sees him slide down the list.
6. Lewis - Now features on the list given the other 5 that were originally listed have been poor for a series of reasons. The issues with Lewis continue, he cannot stay on the park. When he does play, he shows some ok signs before getting injured again. He turns 27 next year. 8 years in the system for 123 goals.

Note - I have only used players that were included in the original list + Lewis for discussion purposes.

Oh damn.

You should of had your medicine.

Remember those posts of Psicosis that left Lewis out of a list that you cross posted to every North thread on the main board hanging shit on him and kept coming back to over and over again for almost year? Hilarious wasn't it?

Hilarious thing was he ended up way closer to the mark than you :tearsofjoy:

Thilthorpe, McKay, Larkey, Comben probably all will have better careers than Lewis in all liklihood. In fact his biggest miss of all things on that list was how much he overrated DGB.

There is a search function mate. You are the king of gaslighting.

i can't quote them as the threads locked, but lots of love for the search function. Enjoy. That took me all of 5 seconds and I can go deeper if you want?

View attachment 2038703

View attachment 2038704

View attachment 2038705

View attachment 2038706

View attachment 2038707

View attachment 2038708

View attachment 2038709

View attachment 2038710

View attachment 2038711

View attachment 2038712

View attachment 2038713

View attachment 2038714

View attachment 2038725

Good grief, RIP Strapping Young Lad ⚰️🪦

God this thread is atrocious, the fact it has a part two is honestly insane. The funniest part is that Adelaide supporters have just fully checked out of this thread and all that remains is the same 10 Hawthorn and North supporters arguing over nothing

Walls of text and handbags being thrown by the same few posters. Classic BigFooty.

You're just arguing for the sake of it( common on bigfooty) at this point.

Big Charlie's career has been plagued with injuries. He's come back from a horrific broken leg and dominated in a foreign position on the ground. You are underselling his ball use as well. He's been great with ball in hand. A bit of defensive stuff to learn but he's already taken away the pain of losing McKay.
He’s a similar type to McKay, I probably think he may have a higher ceiling because of his athleticism too, if he can continue to learn the other parts of his role. But I don’t rate his ball use, and his defensive side has been poor. His intercepting has been great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back