Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s like hawks fans take personal offence to the concept of Charlie Comben.

Sad really.
Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Calling Comben a failed forward is a bit of revisionism. If anything he's a succeeded defender, the plan was to play him at CHB just to get his body right because of all the injuries he got playing forward, but now he's way, way better as a backman than anyone expected, solved a huge problem for us, and it's hard to move him forward as planned.
Just my thoughts, it’s quite silly to move a player because of injury and think defenders don’t get injured as much as forwards?

He’s a similar type to McKay, I probably think he may have a higher ceiling because of his athleticism too, if he can continue to learn the other parts of his role. But I don’t rate his ball use, and his defensive side has been poor. His intercepting has been great.
Disagree about his disposal. At least you're admitting that he's a gun though💪

God this thread is atrocious, the fact it has a part two is honestly insane. The funniest part is that Adelaide supporters have just fully checked out of this thread and all that remains is the same 10 Hawthorn and North supporters arguing over nothing

The turnover in these lists by next draft will be almost complete. Thread started before 2021 trade and draft

Some of the names will be killin it in whoop whoop by then.

We’ve only won two games so I’m not gonna be an insufferable campaigner just yet but I reckon our youth is pretty good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh Dommy. As usual you’re late to the party.

It was more obvious today because that hack Fisher wasn’t running around.
I agree with the amount of half backs in the side you had it was hard for him to be the sole man, but he did look way better because he trusted himself, previous weeks he would take an easier kick, also helps when the team performs better as it instils confidence.

🚨 ATTENTION! UPDATED LIST 🚨

1. Larkey - All Australian. 70+ Goal Forward. By far the most career goals to date. Laughable that this guy was compared to player x & y player. Top of the list for good reason.
2. McKay - As much as it pains me to say it, he is clear second and his contract reflects that. I'm confident that he will get leap frogged by Comben within the next 12 months (Stats could argue he already has).
3. Comben - The big riser, one of the biggest improvers in the competition.
4. Butts - A really solid footballer. Great 1 on 1 defender. Body has let him down a bit. Not convinced he has much upside compared to the others.
5. Thilthorpe - Really unfortunate run of injuries. Looks to have added some serious size, but not playing sees him slide down the list.
6. Teakle
7. Lewis - Now features on the list given the other 5 that were originally listed have been poor for a series of reasons. The issues with Lewis continue, he cannot stay on the park. When he does play, he shows some ok signs before getting injured again. He turns 27 next year. 8 years in the system for 123 goals.

Note - I have only used players that were included in the original list + Lewis for discussion purposes.

Just my thoughts, it’s quite silly to move a player because of injury and think defenders don’t get injured as much as forwards?

He's the sort of player who tends to recklessly throw himself into packs and tries to mark everything, similar to Naughton. I can see the logic in thinking he would find himself in less situations like that down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back