Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird was worse.

They need to ship Laird out pronto.

First thing he does is look backwards and sideways. Never forward. Makes you wonder why they even played 4 key forwards if they aren't going to even try and send it inside 50.

Very reminiscent of late era Tom Mitchell at the Hawks.

Time to pass the keys to the younger kids.

First thing he does is look backwards and sideways. Never forward. Makes you wonder why they even played 4 key forwards if they aren't going to even try and send it inside 50.

I was more talking of his efforts in the contest. They were horrible.

North fans

Is Wardlaws building concussion history concerning?

Seems to have been at least 3 this year

North fans

Is Wardlaws building concussion history concerning?

Seems to have been at least 3 this year
It’s 2 I’m pretty sure. Not sure of any others before the greenwood incident. No concerns for mine.

Just don’t read his thread on the north board…

As much as Crows fans always seem to fight it, I think the best thing for Fogarty and Thilthorpe developing is Tex retiring.

They don't work in the same forwardline and while Tex is playing decent football still, he's hindering the development of your youth/future by preventing them from taking over the forwardline themselves.

If you move him on, there might be teething issues short term but for the next 5-7 years you'll reap the rewards. Much like Mitchell moving O'meara and Tom Mitchell on to make room for Day, Newcombe and Worpell.

Much like Hodge retiring and making room for Sicily to make the backline his own (only to go to Brisbane afterwards, he said himself that he didnt want to take the spots of our youth and interupt development).

Tex might have fuel in the tank, but it's time to move him on.

As much as Crows fans always seem to fight it, I think the best thing for Fogarty and Thilthorpe developing is Tex retiring.

They don't work in the same forwardline and while Tex is playing decent football still, he's hindering the development of your youth/future by preventing them from taking over the forwardline themselves.

If you move him on, there might be teething issues short term but for the next 5-7 years you'll reap the rewards. Much like Mitchell moving O'meara and Tom Mitchell on to make room for Day, Newcombe and Worpell.

Much like Hodge retiring and making room for Sicily to make the backline his own (only to go to Brisbane afterwards, he said himself that he didnt want to take the spots of our youth and interupt development).

Tex might have fuel in the tank, but it's time to move him on.

This opinion is a lot more popular amongst Crows fans than you might think.

I think he could stay if there was a way for him to very clearly be the third guy, I just don’t see that happening.

This opinion is a lot more popular amongst Crows fans than you might think.

I think he could stay if there was a way for him to very clearly be the third guy, I just don’t see that happening.
Just doesn’t seem to play well in that role, Fogarty would be the one who should learn to play more of that smaller role. Especially if Tex is to stay as Fogarty is less of the pack type and more of a leading type.

The assessment needs to come and see where the group sits finals contention wise and whether Tex hangs around or not, if your club believes you are a finals aspiration he will be kept.

Can be a very, very good player off HB.

He shouldn’t be attending the CBs as he has been though. Certainly not this year.

He seems less interested in his football than ever. Bloke doesn’t have the fortitude to stop hanging out with good time charlies let alone the fortitude to will himself to win contests in tough games. There’s still time for him to change that, but we’ll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just doesn’t seem to play well in that role, Fogarty would be the one who should learn to play more of that smaller role. Especially if Tex is to stay as Fogarty is less of the pack type and more of a leading type.

Fog has taken on more responsibility this year with Walker in and out and down on production and after a bad first 5-6 weeks has had a very consistent year. Against Essendon he had a big game as the number one guy and that’s the first time Thilthorpe and him have played without Walker in a while (maybe ever).

Unless you’re saying Walker might not be suited to being the 3rd guy which I think is probably true. But he needs to step aside and let the other two step up

Fog has taken on more responsibility this year with Walker in and out and down on production and after a bad first 5-6 weeks has had a very consistent year. Against Essendon he had a big game as the number one guy and that’s the first time Thilthorpe and him have played without Walker in a while (maybe ever).

Unless you’re saying Walker might not be suited to being the 3rd guy which I think is probably true. But he needs to step aside and let the other two step up
I think both don’t do it well, but Fogarty is generally undersized and does better as the 2nd and 3rd option in terms of leading rather than pack marking, which is Thilthorpes biggest attribute.

I wouldn’t mind Fogarty more as a third tall, you could even see it when he played midfield a couple years back. Just moves really well and could be super dangerous with a smaller matchup.

North have probably done enough to avoid the spoon now.

That being said, I've honestly been more impressed with most of North's losses this season than their win today.
No idea how you can concede 27 shots to that Richmond team. They were absolutely putrid.

A wins a win though.

That being said, I've honestly been more impressed with most of North's losses this season than their win today.
No idea how you can concede 27 shots to that Richmond team. They were absolutely putrid.

A wins a win though.
Awful game, only highlight being the Zane Duursma mark. Couple of LDU goals I guess

A wins a win though.

100%

We were terrible today and still won.

So that’s a small sign of improvement

Answer to the OP - not us. Sheezel, a couple others… All getting taken under the hairy, stinking wing of our leaders who know only failure.

We don’t do what the Crows are doing now. And we certainly don’t do what the Hawks did today. We’d lose both by at least ten goals and sit here in our straight jackets muttering crap about 2026 over and over all night, because that’s the shinboner spirit of the 20’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back