Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Congratulations GIF by Cooper Barrett's Guide To Surviving Life's Guide To Surviving Life

We're out of here losers.

Well deserved, I thought we had achieved the same last year but forgot our administration is inept.

Hope North put in a good showing today. Don't want it to be a dead rubber like the snorefest last night.

Would breathe some new life into this thread if they managed an upset and knocked us out of finals contention.

Clarkos line in the sand moment. Invoke the spirit of Firrito and go the knuckle.
And a snorefest it was. How long will Clarko get to build a successful team at North?

Last edited:
Well deserved, I thought we had achieved the same last year but forgot our administration is inept.

You were a dodgy score review away from it. Chin up.

Plenty of talent at the Crows. Lots of firepower, just need to build that midfield. Maybe a sneaky chance to land Draper in the draft?

I want to hear more about this youthful talent at North coz as sure as **** I haven’t seen it ever.

LDU is the biggest cat at that conglomeration. No heart, with an oversized ego. Jai would love to play against him every week.

Just waiting to see which north supporter puts up a further off season doozy to come back and repeatedly have a laugh at during 2025.

124 points in the wet. FMD.

Stick a fork in Clarko.

The lack of development is pretty clear to see. He’s wading into list management discussions, playing a style of footy that goes nowhere.

His head will be on the chopping block within the first month of 2025 if they don’t net an early win.

Stick a fork in Clarko.

The lack of development is pretty clear to see. He’s wading into list management discussions, playing a style of footy that goes nowhere.

His head will be on the chopping block within the first month of 2025 if they don’t net an early win.

Can they even afford to pay him out?

We've known Clarko is cooked for years.

All this talk about Northball in the preseason and they revert back to slow, boring down the line football. Imagine having an All Australian FF and starving him of chances and resorting to throwing him in the ruck to get him involved.

Going in with a tall line up in these conditions is just suicidal.

Playing Fisher and McKercher as defenders against the best small forward brigade in the competition.

It’s about balance imo. We need experience but we also need to address list holes. And we need to take into account the lack of generational talent at the top of this years draft.

We have SFA KPFs and small forwards.
There aren’t any great key forwards to trade in, and even if there were, we aren’t the leagues most attractive destination.

We also don’t need a shitload of draft picks to attract a couple senior players like Parker.

In an ideal world, I’d split 2 for two of GC or Freo’s first rounders, use one for Armstrong, and the other for Houston if we could entice him over, or draft Joe Berry if we can’t.

Maybe get another KPF like Gerreryn with our second rounder.

Make a solid bid for cheapish experienced types in positions of need like Joe Richards, as well as a bona fide leader like Parker.

I think something like that is the way forward.
If Barrass and Battle come over to Hawks, then Sam Frost is quite likely to end up being stuck in VFL for most of 2025.

IMO North should entice him over with a 2 yr offer for good $$$ with trigger for 3rd.

Will end up being your best defender & be the senior head in defence.

If Barrass and Battle come over to Hawks, then Sam Frost is quite likely to end up being stuck in VFL for most of 2025.

IMO North should entice him over with a 2 yr offer for good $$$ with trigger for 3rd.

Will end up being your best defender & be the senior head in defence.

Pick 2 or GTFO.

We might throw a future third back as steak knives.

Going backwards to go forwards?

Hawthorn are the form side since Round 5. That’s 15+ rounds.

They’re going to make the 8, and be one of the flag fancies. But they’ll go backwards before going forwards, right??
Just saying young sides tend to fall after dream runs like this, along with a tougher draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what you're saying is....rebuilds are hard?
Just dont be disappointed if you take a few steps back. Its part of the process.

The Hawks are on the right traj.

Having said that if you guys manage to get some big players in trading then I think you could repeat 2008

Just dont be disappointed if you take a few steps back. Its part of the process.

The Hawks are on the right traj.

Having said that if you guys manage to get some big players in trading then I think you could repeat 2008
No, I will be disappointed if we take a few steps back because I follow a club that exists to win premierships.

For what it's worth, I like the look of Taylor, Dowling, Michalanney, Thillthorp, and Nankervis.

Want to see these guys backed in at the Crows moving forward.
Those players including Curtain need a full year of game time. Get rid of Walker and somehow make Adelaide a destination club. The amount of champs or soon to be champs that leave that club is startling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back