FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Had always wanted to go back and watch House. Only caught 20 odd eps when they were shown on FTA all those years ago.
I watched ep 1 all those years ago and being familiar with all his british (mainly comedy) work it was so jarring to hear Hugh doing an american accent. So i never watched any of it.

I should try again as everyone raves about it and it sounds like something I would enjoy. Plus i am fine now with brits and aussies doing yank accents (eg Buttercup Cumbersnatch · Banister Crumblebench · Bumblesnuff Crimpysnitch. Er Benedict Cumberbatch )

I’ve started a first revisit of ER (iview have S1-6). I started watching in 1998 as a kid, and tuned in every Thursday until I guess Lost entered that timeslot, so the first couple seasons are new to me (save the odd lunchtime school holidays repeat).

I’d forgotten how epic the James Newton Howard theme was (plus the chair swirls, the Benton punch, emergency dropping to ‘er’, etc.). Many famous faces in the pilot, including William H Macy as Chief Surgeon. Second ep has one of those twist bedroom reveal secret romances between Lewis & the Psych ala the pilot of Hill Street Blues. Third ep has a very cheeky casting of Rosemary Clooney as an old singer with Alzheimer’s, conspicuous with George in the main and Miguel a patient in the pilot.

Enjoying so far. Bringing back many warm memories and iconic 90s vibes, was one of my first adult procedurals.

Last edited:
Just finished season 3 of Better Call Saul. June 9 was my most recent post about "starting it" when I had watched a few episodes around that time. I stopped (other life adventures) a few episodes into season 2. I resumed progress last weekend and well I've concluded the third season this evening. 17ish episodes is a lot to squeeze in a week....... but like always I can squeeze in MANY episodes across a weekend period. While sticking with a 2-3 episode per night "binge" (or more depending on tiredness some weeknights).

Enjoying it, liking a lot of the plot lines.

I’ve started a first revisit of ER (iview have S1-6). I started watching in 1998 as a kid, and tuned in every Thursday until I guess Lost entered that timeslot, so the first couple seasons are new to me (save the odd lunchtime school holidays repeat).

I’d forgotten how epic the James Newton Howard theme was (plus the chair swirls, the Benton punch, emergency dropping to ‘er’, etc.). Many famous faces in the pilot, including William H Macy as Chief Surgeon. Second ep has one of those twist bedroom reveal secret romances between Lewis & the Psych ala the pilot of Hill Street Blues. Third ep has a very cheeky casting of Rosemary Clooney as an old singer with Alzheimer’s, conspicuous with George in the main and Miguel a patient in the pilot.

Enjoying so far. Bringing back many warm memories and iconic 90s vibes, was one of my first adult procedurals.

T'was appointment tv back in the day. I tuned in early on, fell away watching it but came back for several "iconic" moments.

Starting a 24 series binge re-watch marathon (just the original series not the pointless spin off movie and Sequel series)

Haven't watched it in years, it's as gripping, tense and enthralling as I remember

There is a passionate intensity to Kiefer Sutherland which made him the perfect and only choice to play Jack Bauer.

I honestly feel like this is a rare spy/action/political thriller series that will never age badly.

You just get so emotionally drawn in and invested in the plight of supporting characters like Kim (Jack's daughter)

If it's not a top 10 best TV series of all time, its definitely in the 10-20 range.

Anyone here who has never seen it, I can't recommend it highly enough (it's streaming on Disney Plus)

My man!

I'm very tempted to start my yearly marathon earlier than usual (September/October). Doing my best to resist the temptation - it's my certainly my favourite tv series from 2000-. As I say every time, after watching the series so often over the years... you do notice the quirks of the format more and more (and the scripting at times). Still love the show to death as it's given me great joy over the years.

Under the Bridge- Disney. Lily Gladstone and Riley Keough (Logan Lucky) put in solid performances in a drama/mystery about a writer who comes back to her small Canadian home town to write a book only to be swept up in a murder investigation. Not dissimilar to Mare of Easttown but not at that level. Enjoyable but I wouldn’t rewatch. 7/10.

Finally finished Brothers and Sisters.

Fantastic show, well ahead of it's time (having two members of the family as openly gay in 2006 was a bold, strong choice).

Bit surprised it only received 5 seasons. Reading up on it, the ratings had dwindled by then. The writing had probably been on the wall when they started writing out major characters before the show finished (Rebecca, Holly etc).

Still, if you're looking for a feel good drama series, you'd do a lot worse than this one.

The other thing I loved is hearing the soundtrack from a show from the mid 2000's - lot of nostalgia there.

Fantastic show, well ahead of it's time (having two members of the family as openly gay in 2006 was a bold, strong choice).

Bit surprised it only received 5 seasons. Reading up on it, the ratings had dwindled by then. The writing had probably been on the wall when they started writing out major characters before the show finished (Rebecca, Holly etc).

Still, if you're looking for a feel good drama series, you'd do a lot worse than this one.

The other thing I loved is hearing the soundtrack from a show from the mid 2000's - lot of nostalgia there.
FINE I’ll rewatch it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh caught an episode on ABC Entertainment (which made me wonder what the other 5 ABC channels do) and it brings back a sentimental feel because it led into The Footy Show at its peak.

Ground breaking at the time and tackled all the big issues of the day

Nien fluffed it over as per Nien did in the 00’s with every tv show and it was very difficult to get the final season shown here.

I ended up going to the high seas and got the finale in the end.

But yep, those first few seasons were like watching a movie every week

Did you go on and watch “This is us”?

That’s not too bad

Ken Olin made it, the star of hit “Thirtysomething” which is surprisingly not on streaming in Australia. I ended up buying the box set. That was brilliant at the time

Unfortunately Ken has lowered his colours on his latest outing Tracker which is pure trash

Did you go on and watch “This is us”?

That’s not too bad

Ken Olin made it, the star of hit “Thirtysomething” which is surprisingly not on streaming in Australia. I ended up buying the box set. That was brilliant at the time

Unfortunately Ken has lowered his colours on his latest outing Tracker which is pure trash
I haven't but just giving it a quick look, that looks really good. The cast looks great. Added to my list.

Yeh caught an episode on ABC Entertainment (which made me wonder what the other 5 ABC channels do) and it brings back a sentimental feel because it led into The Footy Show at its peak.

Ground breaking at the time and tackled all the big issues of the day

Nien fluffed it over as per Nien did in the 00’s with every tv show and it was very difficult to get the final season shown here.

I ended up going to the high seas and got the finale in the end.

But yep, those first few seasons were like watching a movie every week
I’d forgotten it lead into Footy Show. I grew up in NSW so we had the NRL one then (which was arguably a better program anyway)

The Romano (jump-shark) death is the last time I recall ER being topical, Greene death a bit earlier was massive at the time. Yeah I didn’t watch C9 much as a kid. Water Rats, ER & 60 Minutes would’ve been the exceptions. Then in the early 00s they simultaneously had a couple shows i loved like Malcolm in the Middle, Smallville, CSI and Comedy Inc. Think we had a fancier tv then with better C9 reception.

C9 did stuff around some great shows in the 00s. To be fair though, after a decade ER had kind of done its dash, and by the mid 00s Scrubs, House, Nip/Tuck and Greys were more on the subgenre pulse.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back