List Mgmt. White X and Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

theonico

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our injury update has WX at 3 more weeks and Ellis one more, interesting to see how these two are brought back, I would imagine Ellis would benefit with senior game time vs the Suns and if Whit X is ready to go at Bye time, could play for Box hill and come back vs the Bluebaggers.

Also do we play full strength vs the Dees? as with the bye the week after a player having 2 weeks of rest is not a good thing.

Our injury update has WX at 3 more weeks and Ellis one more, interesting to see how these two are brought back, I would imagine Ellis would benefit with senior game time vs the Suns and if Whit X is ready to go at Bye time, could play for Box hill and come back vs the Bluebaggers.

Also do we play full strength vs the Dees? as with the bye the week after a player having 2 weeks of rest is not a good thing.

Given we only get one shot at GWS, Melbourne and GCS, we need to pump them for percentage. Would hate to have a hiccough in the middle of the season, and miss out on a top four position to teams who get to play these teams twice.

What Xavier Ellis needs is a Full Season OFF to focus on the GYM! Some protein shakes to put some weight on & (As the tradies would say) A spoon-full of concrete to Harden The Fu#k-up!

As 4 WhiteX, Can't wait to see him back...Looks to be in great shape...Is, as far as I'm concerned, the Next Captain of our club!

Whitecross has to play prob at least 3 games before coming back to the top level. Plenty of time to get him right for the end of the season.

You are speculating on Ellis returning??!!!! Honestly doing calfs at his age is embarassing. I still laugh thinking he was only 2 goals away from being a dual premiership player.

Today's injury report said Ellis is still a couple of weeks away and will come back via Box Hill so can't see him playing before the bye. I'm sure Whitecross will come back via BH too. I think it will be a good few weeks before we see Whitecross playing in the firsts.

Wouldn't waste WhiteX in the Magoos! Is in excellent physical condition and shapes as the (Pardon the Pun) Real X-Factor 4 us this season!

Plays the kind of footy that makes him an automatic inclusion in my book!
Agree with WX, he would slot back in beautifully.

I would expect the club to learn from Hodge last year and give Whitey a few extra weeks before proper action the the VFL. Ellis is always a mystery as he can be injured doing his shopping...

I would expect the club to learn from Hodge last year and give Whitey a few extra weeks before proper action the the VFL. Ellis is always a mystery as he can be injured doing his shopping...

I heard he twisted his ankle while doin up his shoe laces the other day!:p;)

Don't Box Hill have a bye the same time as we do?

If that is so, Whitecross should be brought back against Frankston (if ready). If not, against Sandringham on June 16.

We have plenty of time to bring him up to speed. He's too good to rush.

Whitecross is a real trump card for us this year. If he can get back on Schedule within the next month I would expect a game or 2 in the VFL followed by a couple of games either as the sub or getting subbed in the 3rd Q. Hopefully this will see him cherry ripe for a red hot crack at the last few games running into the finals. Whitey's importance to the side is freeing up Lewis to play more of a on ball clearance roll or consequently with more focus on Breust these days I could see him bobbing up for 2-3 goals in important games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't waste WhiteX in the Magoos! Is in excellent physical condition and shapes as the (Pardon the Pun) Real X-Factor 4 us this season!

Plays the kind of footy that makes him an automatic inclusion in my book!

Disagree. Needs match practice and playing atBox Hill is the best way to do it. Let him come back, have two or 3 down there to blow the cobs webs out and, and this is the most important thing, if form permits then he comes in. By form permitting I mean both his form, and the form of the guys in the side. If th side is winning and playing well, then he can stay there until form warrants his inclusion.

Ellis, well he needs to just play some footy and worry about a senior return when he is, like Whitecross above, playing the footy that warrants selection. It should also be considered that his 3 decent games of footy shouldn't override a Simpkin's 10 good games, or Hallanan's 8 good games etc etc just cause he's X Ellis. For mine, there are numerous guys ahead of X right now and should be selected as such

There is no need to rush WhiteX back into the side. He will be a big in for us when he comes in, but I see no reason to bring him in before he's fully match-fit. Season is a marathon, not a sprint and all that. In my view we should be erring on the side of caution with all players, all year. If we can go into the finals with most players in the best 25 or so having played 16 - 20 games, and a few others having played 5 or so, so that they are ready to come in if needed, I think we'll be in good shape. Having our players be as fit as possible for the finals should be a major priority this year. I think we're seeing that it is with things like more midfield rotations, Sewell missing 3 weeks, Anderson not being rushed back, Lake not being rushed in, etc.

As someone else said, GCS aren't horrible now, we shouldn't take them lightly. Don't want to rest too many, or possibly any against Melbourne either, because missing 2 weeks in a row isn't ideal. The percentage might end up being valuable too, but I tend to err on the side of fitness being more valuable than percentage, personally.

Honestly I can't see Xman breaking into our best 22. He may get some time later in the year when we want to rest someone for the finals. We have White X, Cyril and Anderson, who in my opinion will all be higher on the pecking list than Xavier.
We have plenty of selection headaches ahead.

Ellis is going to have to play in the 2s to even get a chance to play for the seniors. At this stage he isn't in our best 25 players.

Whitecross on the other hand, should eased back into the team but is definitely in our best 22.

Honestly I can't see Xman breaking into our best 22. He may get some time later in the year when we want to rest someone for the finals. We have White X, Cyril and Anderson, who in my opinion will all be higher on the pecking list than Xavier.
We have plenty of selection headaches ahead.

So nice to have selection headaches :D Amazing when you think that we've had our fair share of injuries.

What Xavier Ellis needs is a Full Season OFF to focus on the GYM! Some protein shakes to put some weight on & (As the tradies would say) A spoon-full of concrete to Harden The Fu#k-up!

As 4 WhiteX, Can't wait to see him back...Looks to be in great shape...Is, as far as I'm concerned, the Next Captain of our club!

Could we send him to the bombers on a one year loan?

Both should come through the 2's. Ellis to prove that he can still play at the highest level, on talent and durability. Whitecross can't be rushed the bloke has had 9 months off. Give him some time to ease into it through the 2's IMO. Would rather him back at 100% than 80%.

Whitecross can't be rushed the bloke has had 9 months off.....

I think X has had almost about the same time off as well to be honest, it would be ironic if Whitecross finds himself on the park before Ellis.....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. White X and Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back